🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Skull & bones forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

If there isnt land based combat this game doesnt look worth the time

Why even be a pirate if you cant do pirate stuff? If there is no sword play / gunplay, pvp and it is only ship combat it would get insanely boring quick. When I first saw this game I got SO EXCITED because I thought it was going to be black flags PVP but I lost all interest when it was said to be only ship combat.

Originally Posted by Ulfr. Go to original post
    Why even be a pirate if you cant do pirate stuff? If there is no sword play / gunplay, pvp and it is only ship combat it would get insanely boring quick. When I first saw this game I got SO EXCITED because I thought it was going to be black flags PVP but I lost all interest when it was said to be only ship combat.
    yet ppl spend hundreds of hours in world of warships, and that IS exlusively ship v ship only.

Point is, if players want landbased content then they can ask the AC team to make Black Flag 2.
    S&B should have the bare minimum, if 0, landbased content, IMO. The ship combat gameplay in BF is soo good, it deserves a game exlusivly just with that.

sure bro, but I only play pirate games to be a pirate not a ship *****.

ballon009's Avatar Senior Member
    I highly doubt we will get Black Flag 2.0, so instead this is there black flag 2.0, since black flag is still #3 rated of all games in the ubisoft line among all their IPS, and 4th best AC game to be ever made. They dont want to simply dip into a cash cow, they want to grab it by the horns. AS such we get this pirate MMO.

It makes sense, if i was a ubisoft CEO i would done the same, take what worked at blow up by a factor of 1000

I want to be the pirate not the ship :(

Originally Posted by Ulfr. Go to original post
    this is exactly what I thought when I think of a pirate game I imagine sword fights and gun fights and customising my characters outfit and and exploring land, so what if I did get this game I get to sail a ship and see all these islands but canít explore a single one, how boring is that. I might as well replay black flag itís got more in it , when I first saw it I was the same I was so excited about playing a pirate game where you can start with the basics and work your way up to being the most feared pirate and having lots of fights and exploring but now that Iíve found out you canít leave the helm Iím honestly not going to bother anymore , I want to feel like Iím playing the pirate not the ship , I really hope they do realise how quickly people will get board with it and change it up because it got my hopes up for nothing and I know thereís a lot of people who will feel the same way
     5 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by craig14601 Go to original post
    this is exactly what I thought when I think of a pirate game I imagine sword fights and gun fights and customising my characters outfit and and exploring land, so what if I did get this game I get to sail a ship and see all these islands but canít explore a single one, how boring is that. I might as well replay black flag itís got more in it , when I first saw it I was the same I was so excited about playing a pirate game where you can start with the basics and work your way up to being the most feared pirate and having lots of fights and exploring but now that Iíve found out you canít leave the helm Iím honestly not going to bother anymore , I want to feel like Iím playing the pirate not the ship , I really hope they do realise how quickly people will get board with it and change it up because it got my hopes up for nothing and I know thereís a lot of people who will feel the same way
    So you either want a carbon copy of black flag with slightly updated content or yet another dull rehash of almost every ď pirate ď game made in the past 30+ years based off bad Hollywood cliches.

If people wanted the former they could replay black flag( as you mentioned) or if they want the latter they could play Sid Meierís Pirates. Doubt Ubisoft could do it better than the original pirate game if your going the bad cliche route.

Well I will just say this, if this game is online only bs.....ship to ship combat only, this game will sink. Look at the Ubisoft games that are online only Breakpoint, the Division...hardly nobody plays these types of games and not to mention the cost it takes for the online part that Ubisoft has to fork over?

Originally Posted by MjrOu812 Go to original post
    Well I will just say this, if this game is online only bs.....ship to ship combat only, this game will sink. Look at the Ubisoft games that are online only Breakpoint, the Division...hardly nobody plays these types of games and not to mention the cost it takes for the online part that Ubisoft has to fork over?
    Well if itís another bland generic pirate game like is being demanded then it wonít stand a chance against SOT with its established fan base.

I will give you breakpoint, That was a huge fail on ubis behalf, They should made a wildlands 2 , But the reason no one plays division is because we all moved on to division 2 , which tons of people play.