🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Progress not saving

Hey, I recently went from my Xbox one (which was crashing every 30 seconds) to the series x, now the game plays fine but every time I exit the game it doesn’t save my progress so I’m constantly repeating the same missions?

Anyone know how to fix this ? The game has become unplayable like this with hours of progress being lost every single day?
     25 people found this helpful

Same exact thing keep happening to me. I lost a 4 hour save yesterday and and a 5 hour save today. I don't even want to play anymore. I dont want to keep losing progress every time I close the game.
     11 people found this helpful

I've had the same problem around three times losing at least an hour of progress each time.
     7 people found this helpful

Ugh.. Spent about 8 hours today off and on playing on the Series X. Been loving the game play and make great progress. .. But just noticed than no achievements were popping. So I decide to back out. It gets stuck so I force the close (xbox home button, select the game, then quit) it closes down and when I turn back on... It's back to nearly the beginning with just 2 recruits!!! All my progress, my recruits gone. And seeing others have this happen on multiple days makes me not want to play anymore. What a shame, please provide a fix. Hope my save is somewhere on the machine becusse I just don't think I could bear to start again. ESPECIALLY knowing that it will likely happen again.
     10 people found this helpful

Same here. Glitches out earlier with there being no sound and had to hot quit and lost an hours worth of gameplay and just now was hacking the ctos server had a screen of black and was in an endless loop tried to quit to Maine menu, it wouldn’t, hot quit again and lost 5 hours worth of gameplay. This is making me not even want to play the game anymore I’m so pissed
     5 people found this helpful

Mine as well, playing on Xbox Series X. Twice today I have lost progress due to the game not saving. How does it not auto save after liberating a borough, recruiting a new member or doing in game activities, buying clothing items. How does a game in 2020 get this so wrong. It makes me not want to bother to keep playing.
     6 people found this helpful

Same here, two days in a row the exact same thing happened to me and I lost 8 hours of progress because WD Legions does NOT save at all. I am sick of it and waiting for a patch. While the game is fun it's not helping that you have to repeat the same old missions over and over again (three times is enough already). Additionally this game loses connection frequently + it crashes when you want to exit to the main menu (it has probably something to do with the connection lost problem).

Ubisoft, please fix your game, right now it's broken.
     7 people found this helpful

Bought game yesterday, played for 3 hrs, then tried to quit but the game froze. I had to quit through xbox menu. After trying to reload game i found out i had lost all progression and was back to the start, having to activate dead sec hq again. Today i played again, recruited an operative, then tried to quit and again the game froze. For a second time, i lost my progress. This is impossible, i have seen lots of bugs, never something like this. Is there any response from Ubisoft? Both times the game had disconnected from ubisoft server before trying to quit. That is obviously related to the problem
     6 people found this helpful

Save game does not work

After playing hours into Watch Dogs legion I am having a save issue. I recruited to my team, completed missions "Gone home" and one of my team died as I have perma death active.
    After reloading the game the missions "Home home" was my active mission again.
    So I completed missions "Gone Home" and "Into the Void" - After closing and re open the game, the team mate who died before was back on my team (Miracle). Both "Into the Void" and "Gone Home" where not completed and "Gone Home" was my active missions, however it was 50% complete meaning I did not have to do the hacking part to enter Skye Larson's house.

I have reset my Xbox, reinstalled the game and deleted my local save and still have the issue. I am playing on Xbox Series X and also played on Xbox one X. At the moment I can't play the game since saves are broken. Can you let me know if you are aware of the issue an will there be a fix.
     4 people found this helpful

Can those affected by the problem confirm if they are playing on permadeath mode? I suspect the problem is related to permadeath.
     4 people found this helpful