Hi! I live in Perth Western Australia and I've only just managed to get a copy of IL2-1946. After trying out the local computer shops i went to the local EBGames store and asked for a copy.

The shop attendent looked on her computer and told me that the game had been discontinued and the remaining copies had been recalled???

She phoned around the other shops and found a copy at a store about 20km away! So I had a bit of a drive to get one!

I was quite surprised at the statement.

May be their sending all the recalled copies to the USA for its release there

tagTaken2's Avatar Banned
    Peculiar statement if true, but generally EB staff are clueless knobs. On the plus side, at least they made the effort to phone.

but generally EB staff are clueless knobs.
    Ho! Ho! I think the guy that helped her was a student I taught databases to! (Being a computing teacher at the local high school ) So I guess I've only got myself to blame!

stansdds's Avatar Senior Member
    EB is fine for console games, but when it comes to anything for a PC, they are pretty clueless.

In germany all remaining copies of the first edition of 46 were recalled a few weeks ago because there were some skins with swastikas in it. (in 4.07, they were replaced with 4.08). Shortly, amazon says end of march, UBI will release a new edition with the "fixed" skins. Maybe that's the same reason why they stop selling it in australia.

Would have thought Oz more prissy about the Hinimaru, as there were a shedload more nips in New guinea compared to Nazis.

More likely the sheila just got it as wrong as a pom on bondai

tagTaken2's Avatar Banned
    Oops.

If we have the "International" edition, then they'd all have to be "fixed". Interesting, does somebody want to check how many skins there were? It's too hot here.

lol...I replace/doctor most all my skins with 'historically accurate' ones anyway. I'd still be interested to know how many and which ones seeing as I have the first edition as well.

TB

Originally posted by tagTaken2:
    Oops.

If we have the "International" edition, then they'd all have to be "fixed". Interesting, does somebody want to check how many skins there were? It's too hot here.
    5, two for Ar-234 and three for Ta-152C

I don't think there is any law in australia banning the use of swastikas. It's fairly uncommon for anyone execpt tossers to want to use it. (People historically portaying a LW pilot excepted!

My step-daughter brought home a skin-head boyfriend home one day who had a band t-shirt with a tri-skellion(? three armed Swastika) on it and he was quickly told that if he ever wanted to step inside the door again he need to loose that F&*KING shirt!

Needless to say we've never seen that shirt again. (I think the boy is little confused and was rebelling against his parents. The youth of today! Tut-tut! I don't mind a bit of rebellion now and again - but skin-heads are just plain un-Australian )

Originally posted by Antoninus:
    In germany all remaining copies of the first edition of 46 were recalled a few weeks ago because there were some skins with swastikas in it. (in 4.07, they were replaced with 4.08). Shortly, amazon says end of march, UBI will release a new edition with the "fixed" skins. Maybe that's the same reason why they stop selling it in australia.