Please consider re-releasing with HIII Complete!

I know things aren't too lively around here, but I recently saw that a former 3DO contractor was able some time ago to provide the HIII Complete source code to Ubisoft. I completely understand why the original HIII HD could only be released with Restoration of Erathia, but now that the source code has been found, my hope is that you guys at Ubisoft will consider releasing a remaster of the full H3 Complete! As a big fan of Fortress it's quite a bummer not to have the balance changes in the current HD version. I purchased the HD remaster & would be happy to pay again for a remastered H3 Complete!

Additionally, if such a thing ever were to happen, it might be cool if you guys did a HIII "Definitive Edition" with new content like AoE II and added new content by working with the HotA team to add Cove and the HotA campaigns! With the huge success of AoE II Definitive it seems like there is strong potential for a properly-done HIII remaster with additional content, but even simply a HIII Complete remaster would be lovely. Please don't keep us hanging too long!
     5 people found this helpful

Agree with you. And don't forget HOMM Chronicles. Mix them into the collection! Ubisoft, make HOMM3 definitive edition please! A lot of people will pay! Do it!

Originally Posted by TheTuna450 Go to original post
    I know things aren't too lively around here, but I recently saw that a former 3DO contractor was able some time ago to provide the HIII Complete source code to Ubisoft. I completely understand why the original HIII HD could only be released with Restoration of Erathia, but now that the source code has been found, my hope is that you guys at Ubisoft will consider releasing a remaster of the full H3 Complete! As a big fan of Fortress it's quite a bummer not to have the balance changes in the current HD version. I purchased the HD remaster & would be happy to pay again for a remastered H3 Complete!

Additionally, if such a thing ever were to happen, it might be cool if you guys did a HIII "Definitive Edition" with new content like AoE II and added new content by working with the HotA team to add Cove and the HotA campaigns! With the huge success of AoE II Definitive it seems like there is strong potential for a properly-done HIII remaster with additional content, but even simply a HIII Complete remaster would be lovely. Please don't keep us hanging too long!
    I agree, I'm all for it and would gladly pay for the complete version with everything

Ubi-Baron's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Hi guys,

We're glad to hear there's still such passion for these classic games.

We can certainly pass the feedback around this on to the relevant teams.

I really hope to see this too one day !

UbiKoreanBBQ's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey imagicalFantasy! Thanks for chiming in. It's always great to see how our legacy games still have a robust playerbase. I'd be more than happy to share your enthusiasm for this with the dev team.

I concur! There are a lot of people who didn't buy the HD version, because it's incomplete. Now that the source for the addons is available to Ubisoft, it would be a great opportunity to remaster the addons as well. Heroes 3 is one of those classic games that people will never stop playing, even decades into the future. Might as well give those people the best possible experience^^ If it works for Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition and the Command & Conquer Remasterd Collection, it will work for Heroes 3 as well^^ If you treat old IPs and the their fans with respect, they will support you in every way they can. *cough* money *cough*

Ubi-Ginge's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi Serpenthalis!
    We've passed this feedback on to the relevant team

If you make a true complete remaster you should consider to integrate the unoficial extention "Horn of the Abyss" that add two new awesome town with the same quality of the original game. I'm pretty sure than people made these unoficial extention will be really happy to help you to bring their work on a true HD heroes 3 experience !

You could also add features of the unofficial HD mod that bring a lot quality of live improvements.

But as Serpenthalis say, there are a lot of people that still have enthusiasm for this legacy title that deserve really better.

Age of empire also got an unoficial extention (the name was "The Forgotten") when Microsoft made their first remaster (HD edition 2013) they hire the people from "The Forfotten" and they officialy added the extention to the game. It was a nice move from Microsoft for community but also to offer a better game with more content.

The failure of Heroes 3 HD edition was mainly because the game was just incomplette with a lot of important content missing.

Heroes of might and magic 3 could generate the same enthusiasm (and maybe more) than Diablo 2 resurected, Age of empire 2 definitive edition, Command & Conquer Remasterd Collection, etc.

Heroes 3 is this kind of game that you still want to play 21 years after the original release date.

With all my hope !!