Ubi-Milky's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi kxwslol, thanks for trying some of the troubleshooting in our forum thread.

Can I confirm if you have tried to delete your local save game using this guide, as this has been reported as working for some players as a workaround
    https://support.ubisoft.com/en-gb/Article/000061964

At the moment the QA team have started an investigation into this and we will try to update you when we hear more news for now we have made the team aware of this thread so any players experiences and reports can be investigated.

Until we can update you, please try to delete your local save file by following the link above I have posted. This may mean you will have to customize your characters loadouts again. Please let us know in the thread if this works for you.

Hello XforExemplified, thanks for posting, we already have a few threads cropping up about this issue and it is currently under investigation by the QA team so I do not have any updates to share at this moment.

Can I ask which launcher you are using and have you tested this in both Vulkan and DirectX versions of the game?

Do you also have any usb peripherals attached other than your keyboard and mouse that you can unplug when you test the game?

Can I also make sure you have recently updated Windows as my PC pushed a Windows update to my computer just today and it is best to keep this updated as it also has control over your device settings as well as the game does.

Game says im playing with controler and i cant do anything the game is unplayable

Game says im playing with controler and i cant do anything the game is unplayable

controller trouble

it thinks i have a controller connected even thought i have never connected a controller to my PC before and it wont let me switch back to my keyboard and mouse and i have been asking all my friends about it

hi im playing siege pc and it does not read my keyboard and my mouse even tho my mouse and keyboard works perfectly fine and the game reads that im using controller and i dont have a controller i tried rebooting and uninstalling and downloading it again but still recognizes the controller. in menu it recognizes that im using keyboard but when i go to quick match or training grounds it switches to controller i can move my mouse but i cannot fire or use scope and i cannot move and i tried my friends acc it works fine, when i log in my account and played it it switches back to controller please help me to fix this its been a week now and i still dont know how to fix it

Hi everyone, thanks for getting in touch about this, we have a few threads popping up about the same issue so I will merge them into one.

This issue is currently under investigation by the QA team and the game team are aware of this. Please make sure you have tried both Vulkan mode and directX versions of the game, please also make sure you have unplugged and peripherals such as usb devices you are not currently using other then MnK.

Please also make sure you have no background applications running other than the game and the launcher. You can check this through Task Manager and disabling other programs on the start up tab to make sure nothing is running in the background such as VoIP, Overclocking software or RGB controllers that may effect behaviour in the game.

When we have more information to share from the team investigating a fix, we will do our best to update you here.

I have been using the base launcher while running it through steam. As far as USB devices go, I have a wifi adapter that can really be taken out. The adapter might be what is messing it up but I can't really move that around too much while the computer is running.

Okay no problem XforExemplified, that is understandable.

Would you be able to try deleting your local save file for me? If you do this please be aware you may have to customize your player loadouts again, but another player reported this worked for them during our investigation as a workaround - https://support.ubisoft.com/en-gb/Article/000061964

Apologies the link provided may appear invisible at the moment!

Temporary fix (controller needed)

So I'm no big expert, but I have found a temporary solution. You will need a controller and that's it, if you don't have a controller then i cant help you I'm sorry.. When you boot up siege and get onto a match connect your controller and press a few buttons or walk around. You have to wait until siege fully registered the controller, then just unplug/disconnect the controller and it should go back to pc controls for the whole game session. It will go back to controller once you close and reopen siege but hey its better than just not playing siege.

That worked thxxxx

This is it guys!!!
     1 people found this helpful

rainbow

its their a solution to rainbow detecting a box controller when their isint one plugged in its the game because in the pre game lobby my stuff works just fine but when I que in it detects my mouse aim but no shoot or ads and it shows all the buttons for xbox.

Siege thinks im using a controller

Hello, I need help from Ubisoft support because you are my last try to save my game I tried everything verifying game files, disabling background applications, trying to do something with game codes of the controller of the game. the new operator just released on there but for some reason siege thinks I'm using a controller while I only have my mouse, keyboard microphone, and monitor connected to the pc, it also worked before the update rolled out and on the menu, it detects my keyboard as it normally should, it's just ingame where the problem appears, i can move the screen with the mouse but nothing else. The game is literally unplayable due to this issue, anyone got a fix for it?

sorry for the bad english.

Hello Rockett.Man, thanks for posting about this, do you have a controller you can temporarily plug into then unplug in the workaround suggested a page back by krisiscool6?

We also have a pinned thread about this here - https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...EASE-POST-HERE!

If any one can suggest a workaround that worked for them please post it in the above thread we have linked, while we investigate a permanent fix, thank you.

Siege thinks im using a controller

Thank for letting see those options but Unfortunately, nothing worked mate. I don't know what to do anymore you were my last try now I believe it is impossible for me to try and fix it. now it's a job for you to fix that bug for a number of pc players thanks for the help now it's your job hope you make it.

Ubi-Orion's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Rockett.Man Go to original post
    Thank for letting see those options but Unfortunately, nothing worked mate. I don't know what to do anymore you were my last try now I believe it is impossible for me to try and fix it. now it's a job for you to fix that bug for a number of pc players thanks for the help now it's your job hope you make it.
    Hey there.

I'm sorry to hear the suggested workarounds in the thread linked above didn't work out for you. This issue is under active investigation at the moment, I do apologise for any inconvenience caused whilst the team are working on getting this issue resolved.

Its 2021 the new season came out and all, and i have this issue still like it think im using a controller and dont worry i have tried everything everybody wrote here nothing works how do i fix this, i cant play man.

spj.'s Avatar Junior Member

Still not wrking, getteing xxxx frustrated

Hi, had this problem for a while now.
    Even remmoved and reinstalled the game couple of times, disabled every other running SW that I could.

Still the same issue, can't load the profile and then the controller is by default in use(which I don't have)

Your advice on removing the old savegame files won't help, the instructions then says play on game in order to create new game save.
    It's pretty difficult since I still can't play because the controller (which I still don't have) is required to complete on game.

SO do you have any realk suggestion on how to solve the problem? I've used quite a lot of money to this game and now it's been several days and I can't play.

Is there any help on the way?

Controller bugging game

I have the same issue, everything is working in the main menu, second i get into a game it thinks im on controller, no controller plugged in nor and emulators

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello guys,

For those of you coming to this thread; please be aware we are tracking this issue on our Sticky Thread available here; https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...EASE-POST-HERE

This thread contains troubleshooting steps if you've not already tried them and is where we encourage players to post any further information regarding this, as this allows us to keep the rest of the forums more focused on other questions or queries.

As we'd advised, this issue is under investigation and the steps are considered as a workaround in the meantime - not a fix.

We appreciated this is frustrating and apologize for the inconvenience.

Found the fix

So this fix worked for me Open Files-ThisPC-Programfile (x86)- Ubisoft-UbiGameLauncher-SavedGames-Click the only file. So there should be some folders in there copy and paste all of them to your desktop.

After you do that, open UPlay, go to the settings with the top left corner and in General settings there will be 2 checked Boxes Titled ďEnable could save synchronization for supported gamesĒ and ďEnable in game Overlay for supported gamesĒ uncheck both of these boxes

After that, close UPlay and start seige. Open up your operators and change literally anything. Can be an optic grip whatever. After that open up a terrorist hunt and either win or lose doesnít matter, your Mouse and Key should be fixed.

DONT STOP THERE. After you complete that game completely close R6 and go back and re enable the 2 unchecked boxes and back to the folders you copy and pasted to your desktop, put the files back and replace any that say it already exists.

Hope this helps everyone.

Siege detects that I have a controller

Since the Neon Dawn update, Siege has been detecting that I have been using a controller, it then ignores my keyboard and I can only use my mouse to look around and nothing else. I looked through the game settings file and noticed that ControllerInputDevice has been set to 1. I saw on other forums that I could change this value and it should work, I tried that and it still didn't resolve the issue. I have tried everything short of buying a new copy of the game and replacing my current setup to try and resolve this issue and it still hasn't worked. I've had no background apps running and no peripherals plugged whenever I start the game up to see if that has solved it yet the problem still persists.

Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by ezzoman67 Go to original post
    Since the Neon Dawn update, Siege has been detecting that I have been using a controller, it then ignores my keyboard and I can only use my mouse to look around and nothing else. I looked through the game settings file and noticed that ControllerInputDevice has been set to 1. I saw on other forums that I could change this value and it should work, I tried that and it still didn't resolve the issue. I have tried everything short of buying a new copy of the game and replacing my current setup to try and resolve this issue and it still hasn't worked. I've had no background apps running and no peripherals plugged whenever I start the game up to see if that has solved it yet the problem still persists.
    Hello!

Our team are still investigating this issue, however we have been able to resolve this with some troubleshooting.

Please follow our sticky thread here and you should be good to go

saying same thing

Okay so every time someone from ubi support responds its the same thing even though everyone has done what you said and made that perfectly clear please give a helpful response. Also the corrupt save file is stupid because we cannot use a controller to complete a situation to create a new save file it is all frustrating and stupid, You need to fix ur game because many people are just quite frankly done wit how buggy it is please fix and listen to peoples responses.

Ubi-Karl's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Jheesus Go to original post
    Okay so every time someone from ubi support responds its the same thing even though everyone has done what you said and made that perfectly clear please give a helpful response. Also the corrupt save file is stupid because we cannot use a controller to complete a situation to create a new save file it is all frustrating and stupid, You need to fix ur game because many people are just quite frankly done wit how buggy it is please fix and listen to peoples responses.
    Hey Jheesus!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to forums.

I believe there may have been some confusion in regards to what Ubi-Raziel suggested.

As it stands, this particular issue is being reviewed by our development team and as soon as we will have further updates on the matter, details will be posted here, in our official forums.

In the meantime, the steps suggested may be sufficient to help for some, however we certainly realise that it won't be the case for everyone, hence why investigation is on-going.

Hopefully this clarifies the situation.

2021 - still problem...

I have the same problem...Not a posibility to use kyeboard and mouse, still looking...in menu and normal in PC everything is OK. In the game I could only view around me. How can I solved it?

Thks for help!!!

That doesnít work Iíve tried it at least three times when you load into the situation you are on controller so it makes it so you canít complete the situation

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Kubisski Go to original post
    I have the same problem...Not a posibility to use kyeboard and mouse, still looking...in menu and normal in PC everything is OK. In the game I could only view around me. How can I solved it?

Hey there Kubisski,

Welcome to the Forums, I'm sorry to hear you're encountering this issue too!

We do have a pinned thread ongoing with steps to resolve this very issue, you can view this here.

Please take a look and give the 'reset profile' steps a try and let us know how you get on!

Thks for help!!!
    Originally Posted by Krustard. Go to original post
    That doesn’t work I’ve tried it at least three times when you load into the situation you are on controller so it makes it so you can’t complete the situation
    Hey there Krustard,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues, just to clarify, may we know what steps you've already tried that aren't working, as I can see some additional things mentioned recently here.

Have you already tried the reset profile steps from our pinned thread?

Same problem

Originally Posted by Ubi-TheBerry Go to original post
    Hey there Krustard,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues, just to clarify, may we know what steps you've already tried that aren't working, as I can see some additional things mentioned recently here.

Have you already tried the reset profile steps from our pinned thread?
    Yes I have but I the only one I havenít tried is the controller one because I donít have a controller to do that so I havenít been able to play for at least a week now and Iím very frustrated.

Sorry to hear this Krustard, thanks for resetting your profile, verifying your files and disabling background software.

Can I ask additionally to what you have already tried, what kind of USB devices do you plugged into your PC?

Do you have any HID / USB drivers still installed on your computer from any peripherals you have used in the past?

You can check this by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and typing Device, then selecting Device Management and viewing the HID (Human Interface Device) compatible devices, it may be beneficial to either update the devices you are currently using or install ones that you have identified as old drivers.

To see how to do this please follow Windows guide, here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...river-packages

Alsoooo

I would like to say the test server works for me but normal siege doesnít so whatever you guys did to normal siege needs to be fixed because ts works in game and in menu but siege only works in menu

No problem Krustard., thanks for letting us know this doesn't affect you in the test server, we can pass this info on to the team.

Did you have the chance to test removing any previous devices driver you no longer use as suggested in my last post?

Response

Originally Posted by Ubi-Milky Go to original post
    No problem Krustard., thanks for letting us know this doesn't affect you in the test server, we can pass this info on to the team.

Did you have the chance to test removing any previous devices driver you no longer use as suggested in my last post?
    Yea I did I saw controller and I disabled it and I tried the new save game method and still when I went into the game I was on controller and I could only look around.

Sorry to hear this did not work for you Krustard.

As we have been unable to help you with the troubleshooting so far and this is an ongoing issue for you, I would advise you to make a support ticket with us here and upload your system files - - https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Cases/New

This will take you to a new case creation page with a text box where you can specify which game and platform you are playing on, what the issue is you are experiencing and any troubleshooting steps you may have taken so far.

Please upload your system files to the case and select 'Submit My Case' and we can take it from there, then escalate your case to our technical team to see if they are able to help.

You can find instructions on how to create the system files we need, below. Please make sure to upload them to the case as they will help us understand what the issue may be or if this is still a bug in the game that is affecting you -

DXDIAG - https://ubi.li/msrxL
    MSINFO - https://ubi.li/lmiCE

Thank you.

Already did

I already uploaded my system files so at this point Iím just frustrated with you guys and I just wanna play r6

Thanks for letting me know Krustard., this is understandable after you have tried some of these steps to no success yet.

As you mentioned you has been using a controller previously, what launcher did you use the gamepad with? Did you ever use the gamepad with Steam and was it a bluetooth capable gamepad?

If so I would recommend disabling the General Controller Settings in Steam to possibly fix the issue (Steam > Settings > Controller > General Controller Settings)

I also noticed from your MSINFO files from a few days ago that you still had the following programs running on startup -

Steam
    OneDrive
    Discord
    Overwolf
    LGHUB
    Wallpaper Engine

Could you please make sure that these programs are disabled on start up through Task Manager, as they could be affecting your Epic games version of Siege. Having Steam open it the same time as Epic, can interfere with the games controls too.

So I used the controller for fortnite like 1-2 years ago so I was using epic games and thatís what I have siege through not steam. Also I did a clean boot or whatever like when you start your pc without anything opening that thing and I started up siege and same problem I will try closing those again through task manager. All though I donít think itís my end I think the game has a bug