Oculus quest 2 bugs

Hello, I finally got to introduce star trek bridge crew to some friends and I played on my pc while they played on the oculus quest 2. There is a bug where one of the players can't perform half of the actions at their console.

1. Engineering: If the bugged player is in engineering they can't charge the warp coils. The countdown begins and the animation shows them getting charged but it never does. If they route power to the engine it will not reflect those changes to the rest of the crew. I.E. put everything to the engines even rerouting power and the max speed for the helm was still 1000m.

2.Helm: If the bugged player is at the helm they are unable to steer the ship for go to warp. Changes in speed don't seem to do anything.

3. Tactical: The bugged player is able to the user scanner. However, they are unable to raise and lower shields or arm the torpedo's. I don't think the phasers fired either.

As you can see, this isn't a weird bug that happens some of the time. Every session we always had at least one bugged player and it seemed to be the last player to join the lobby.

I was hoping the Oculus Quest 2 would bring lots of new players at $10 a pop but it will need some patching to get around this major hurdle.
     4 people found this helpful

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by TribbleStuffer Go to original post
    Hello, I finally got to introduce star trek bridge crew to some friends and I played on my pc while they played on the oculus quest 2. There is a bug where one of the players can't perform half of the actions at their console.

1. Engineering: If the bugged player is in engineering they can't charge the warp coils. The countdown begins and the animation shows them getting charged but it never does. If they route power to the engine it will not reflect those changes to the rest of the crew. I.E. put everything to the engines even rerouting power and the max speed for the helm was still 1000m.

2.Helm: If the bugged player is at the helm they are unable to steer the ship for go to warp. Changes in speed don't seem to do anything.

3. Tactical: The bugged player is able to the user scanner. However, they are unable to raise and lower shields or arm the torpedo's. I don't think the phasers fired either.

As you can see, this isn't a weird bug that happens some of the time. Every session we always had at least one bugged player and it seemed to be the last player to join the lobby.

I was hoping the Oculus Quest 2 would bring lots of new players at $10 a pop but it will need some patching to get around this major hurdle.
    Hey there,

Thank you for reporting this to us!

I'm very sorry to see you're encountering these issues.

Do all 3 issues happen to one particular Quest player? Or across Quest players?

Furthermore, would it be at all possible to capture any clips of this being demonstrated in game so we can take a closer look?

Thank you!

Hi my friend and I are experiencing that issue as well. he's on a quest 2 and it started with him. I took over the jobs he couldn't do as and the next game I couldn't steer the ship and some other things the OP posted. Im on windows mixed reality. when we play together twice now he lost the ability to hear me and steer the shop as well. do I need to make a new ticket for this or can i just add to this one.
     1 people found this helpful

I've experienced all of these bugs. I have since refunded the game, if you're not willing to support the game on a new platform so it is playable - please do not make it available to purchase on that new platform

Same issue here

I just found out about this issue as I was only using solo missions until I gathered enough experience to join online play. Experienced these same exact issues where I could not steer the ship at Helm or charge coils at Engineering. Both times I was the last player to join the party. The first time I heard of ANY KNOWN issue is when I joined a group and was asked if I was using a Quest 2. When I responded yes I was told I couldn't play with them because of issues with my device. I then joined a different group, was unable to steer the ship, was asked again if I was using a Quest 2, and told that the game has issues with my device. Now I have owned the game too long to request a refund! When will this be resolved?

Ubi-Borealis's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey there guys!

If you are encountering any of these issues in-game, please could you share video clips with us so we can pass them on for further investigation?

You should be able to record footage in-game by clicking the "Share" button on the Oculus tool bar, which will prompt you to record or take a screenshot.

You can then transfer any captured images/video by connecting your headset to your computer via USB, which will allow you to transfer the files across so you can upload them to a sharing platform.

Thanks!

Real Game ending BUUUGGSS

These are factual and consistent bugs as mentioned above; I’d say they make the game completely unplayable on Oculus 2. These are real bugs that make the game unplayable on this platform. Oculus one is fine; this only occurs on Oculus 2 headset; and not in link mode; only in native oculus mode. There is no need to show a video. The other destructive bug is a complete lack of communication within a crew as the person wearing Oculus loses the ability to hear or sometimes speak with other players. This is a complete frustration and all of these things make the game completely unplayable. I’d go so far as to say what occurs is when an oculus 2 player joins and plays not soon after (less than a minute) everyone loses control of the functions of their panel in front of them; so no warp; no shield: no loading torpedos; and no communication. This must be fixed and must be fixed NOW NOW NOW.

Here is info

A link because appparently Ubisoft has kinda dropped the ball

https://www.reddit.com/r/BridgeCrew/...tm_name=iossmf

Quest 2 In game bugs On Bridge and Meeting Room

Since I got the game I have non stop experience the most annoying bug when your playing with people you cant see what they selected as the role and as well when trying to launcha missions as captain the launch button dosent appear. As well once your in the mission the ship never moves and you some times able to hear people or not at all and your pannle is unresponsive includeing the display screen. I would realy would love if the Ubisoft team can fix the bugs because as people have said they make the game unplayable

When i think about it it hard to see if its a server problem or the quest 2 problem becuase it was working for a bit than the audio cut out

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►