🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    rapplebee's Avatar Member
    Register for closed PC beta at https:\\rocksmith.com\beta.

Rocksmith+ is the new game. Good job Ubisoft, you've lost a customer. I am not paying for a subscription service when I've spent a few hundred dollars on DLC over the last two games.

rapplebee's Avatar Member
    Depends on the details for me. I have also spent a few hundred first on PS3 and then PC. But, if the entire subscription library is available for a reasonable monthly or yearly price, I will be in.

Originally Posted by rapplebee Go to original post
    Depends on the details for me. I have also spent a few hundred first on PS3 and then PC. But, if the entire subscription library is available for a reasonable monthly or yearly price, I will be in.
    $99.99 for a year, 39.99 for a 3 months or 14.99 a month.

Originally Posted by rapplebee Go to original post
    Yeah, I mean of weekly DLC costs about 10 bucks before, and now we get 4 or more DLC packs in form of a monthly subscription, then that should be fair.

However, if they mostly focus on "poppy" music (simple riff, ab ab abc bd) music, then I'm very uninterested. Very curious of how the lessons turns out though. If there is a lot of new things to learn, techniques, theory etc, then subscribing for a month or two is probably worth it. But if it is cheaper to get an actual teacher... hmm. I need more info before I can make a good decision here, But they certainly have my attention
     1 people found this helpful

I somehow doubt they are going to get people to buy into a subscription model knowing how few songs they were able to do in a given week with RS2014. At $10 CAD per month if you buy a years subscription, it has to basically be good quality songs every single week and not mediocre stuff to justify the cost. And the base game has to be free or the 1 year sub has to be included with the base game.

Originally Posted by no1phil Go to original post
    $99.99 for a year, 39.99 for a 3 months or 14.99 a month.
    yep, we now permenantly rent the game, sub drops off? ah well can't access what you paid for anymore. screw that.

Originally Posted by DSgamer64 Go to original post
    I somehow doubt they are going to get people to buy into a subscription model knowing how few songs they were able to do in a given week with RS2014. At $10 CAD per month if you buy a years subscription, it has to basically be good quality songs every single week and not mediocre stuff to justify the cost. And the base game has to be free or the 1 year sub has to be included with the base game.
    There will be a MUCH GREATER VOLUME of songs.

Originally Posted by TheJohnNewton Go to original post
    There will be a MUCH GREATER VOLUME of songs.
    https://tenor.com/view/doubt-press-x...e-gif-18717264

After playing the beta for a while, I'm pretty sure the final song selection is going to be
    a)
    Not final, but continously growing.
    b)
    Start out really huge!

I base this on what they say, and the songs that are already there. Seems like they have Much better licens model going for them.
     1 people found this helpful