Tried to uninstall and install the game, deleted save files. Nothing has changed. Problems are still there

Just adding my voice in, having the issue as well. Not upset, but pretty bummed since I just bought the Complete Edition and can't access a handful of (albeit minor) content.

Everything was working fine with unlocks, then I reinstalled the game. Now all ubisoft rewards are locked... damnit.

Ubi-Milky's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello everyone, sorry to see so many of you have not received your rewards in game yet.

This is still being investigated for Anno 1800 as we managed to resolve this issue for some of our other games that had the same problem.

Just to clarify -
    - For some the rewards appear locked and do not have a green tick
    - For others the rewards appear unlocked, but are not accessible in game

I would like to add a screenshot to our investigation if anyone could provide one?

As always if you haven't already done so -
    - Make sure you are using game update 9.1
    - Please make sure to download the new Ubisoft Connect game launcher from this link if you have yet to update or if your client shows as Uplay in the menu - https://ubisoftconnect.com
    - Please try deleting the cache folder for Uplay - https://support.ubisoft.com/en-gb/Article/000061966
    - Try verifying the Anno 1800 games files too - https://support.ubisoft.com/en-gb/Article/000060529

Out of curiosity, does anybody still have the older version on Uplay installed as well?

I hope we can update you with a resolution soon, sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Yes, all rewards in the Connect overlay show as ticked with green check mark. But we cannot actually use the rewards within the game UI. Adding a screenshot.

Thank you for confirming and thank you for the screenshot perhapsanap, I will add this to the report.

Have you also tried verifying your game files and reinstalling the game? If you gave tried those steps, are you still unable to use the new portraits when starting a new game or add the ornaments to your town such as the duck pond?

Same, green tick and locked in game, including some paid DLC content, like Anarchist ornaments and a portrait. I also had several ornaments unlocked in UPlay with Upoints, like Duck Pond, they are all locked. I verified files multiple time, club rewards are still locked.

Screenshots:

Thanks for the screenshot also AsWarning.

What paid for DLC content have you no longer access to as certain parts of DLC are only unlockable after progressing so far through the game, if you could let me know?

Can I just make sure your DLC was purchased in the same launcher such as Ubisoft Connect, as DLC bought from other launchers may not be compatible if the base game was bought in Anno 1800 - https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Article/000062891

I have base game and all dlc in UPlay/Connect, so that's not the issue, and I meant Anarchist banners, megaphone and a portrait. If they are unlockable, possibly I haven't unlocked them yet. Or, maybe they were available as a club rewards and released alongside anarchist dlc, but not as it's part? Tbh, I don't remember.
    I just verified files after today's UConnect update, nothing changed.

Thanks for clarifying that AsWarning, I had to be sure first of all where you bought the extra DLC content first.

I have all of the DLC content and Rewards unlocked on my version of the game too, but the rewards are not usable for me either when starting a new campaign after just installing the latest update. I will do some troubleshooting too and see if I am able to unlock them like some of the previous players were able to in this thread. I will let you know the outcome after running some tests over the next few hours.

In the meantime, I have added all the information you have given me to help with our investigation so thank you for being a good sport, I hope I can update you with a solution soon.
     2 people found this helpful

New install, verified game, cleared cache

Everything seems unlocked, but look at the first unlockable. It is locked.

https://imgur.com/6UaAPme bfor image... dont know why the code diesnt work

Thanks for the screenshot image CoreOfKallisto, I believe we should have enough information now for our investigation into this. When I hear back from the team I will do my best to update you.

Same issue as everyone else, tried and tried again reinstalling both launcher and game, clearing appdata files, document files,etc.

Saw someone say they used an old .a7s file and their stuff unlocked, unfortunately the only old one I have is from April 2019 and replacing the new one with it didn't do anything. Hope this gets fixed soon. I've waited through the "*reward* Unlocked" spam too many times to only not be able to use it once the game loads.

Same issue here, just bought the game

I'm on the same boat here

https://imgur.com/a/0UXYuRu

Hey everyone just a quick update about these rewards, I have sent some of my game files over to the team investigating this. Stay tuned for further updates on this, we may need to acquire some other players files too, if so I will make a quick post in this thread requesting this, thank you for your patience whilst we try to resolve this.

I am having the same issue here too, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help resolve this issue.
     1 people found this helpful

What kind of files you might request

Same issue with me, too. I could give you basically the exact same screenshot as CoreofKallisto did up there.

I have ordered merchandise from the Ubisoft store 3 days ago and I supposed to receive 13 units. My balance hasn't changed at all. Never had this before? Why ghr units have not credited yet? Any help please? Many thanks in advance.

Same here - various club rewards (like anarchist decorations) seem to be unlocked in ubisoft client, but they're still locked in-game.

Similar issues, rewards all show as checked in Rewards tab, yet all are locked in game setup even though all DLC is unlocked. Even the rewards I had unlocked before the Connect launch/update/reward unlock are locked.
    Any update Ubisoft?

Same issue, reported already with a ticket, got a message they are working on it, as "some players reported it already".

This was first reported in September of 2019 and we still havn't been given a fix to this yet! I've bought every DLC and all the club rewards it was suppose to unlock are un-redeemable even though it says its unlocked.

I have a little different situation - on my desktop the rewards are unavailable in-game, yet unlocked on my account (like everyone here), but when I launch the game from my account on my gaming laptop,I have them unlocked in-game as well. This is bizzare.....

WTF is with you people. Previously I had all rewards unlocked but now the following are not:
    Brave Captain Ensemble
    Curious Visitor Ensemble
    Keen Editor Ensemble
    DLC: The Faithful Ensemble
    DLC: The Vulture's Ensemble
    DLC: The Inuit Ensemble

Are you people working on fixing this?

Someone at the top in Ubisoft needs to realise that they have a gigantic issue with their U+play infrastructure or whatever they're calling it these days. No wonder their support department is on its knees after last week's sale.

I have the same problem i cannot even use my battleship skin too...

Ubisoft, any update you can provide? We're trying to be patient, but this issue has been ongoing since October.

Ubisoft, why is this taking so long? This is ridiculous.

OK, Ubisoft, let me get this straight.
    There is a new update for Anno 1800. I tried to look, if the rewards are finaly unlocked and the only thing that changed is, that i have your new updated connect overlay. It looks nice but has no real functionality. You know why?

https://imgur.com/x1AuQ4G

As you see, the rewards are still locked and now, on top of it all, i get a message, mockingly informing me, that this reward is now usable in the game, which it is not. And for the record;
    - Yes this is the newest version of the game.
    - No, i don't play with mods. I dislike mods in Anno. They debalance multiplayer.
    -I use connect. Yes the latest version.
    -II verified the game files, no problems.
    -I cleared the cache just to be sure.

And despite all this, I get mocked by your overlay. The best part? i was excited as you announced to unlock every reward for everyone, because I had buyed some of the first DLCs as they had been released and was locked from their rewards at the start. Nobody of your support guys could help me. I rest the case because no one could help me. Now, i thought "perhaps these will unlock for me too" and was happy to see, that connect told me, that everything is unlocked. And every ounce of happiness vanished as I discovered that this vake was indeed a big fat lie. And not only for me, but for every legacy game, as you called them. And to this day no change, no answer.

It maybe right, that this bug has something to do with the introduction of connect, but not getting rewards because of some error is something way older than this. Especially in the case of this game. I don't know if the pandemic situation crippled your capabilitys or if you just don't want to do anything and pretend that there would be no problem. In any case this is getting a little ridiculous. I hope you can fix this or at least reset it or something.
     8 people found this helpful

I know the problem is caused by Ubisoft but why not unlock these items with a game update?

same old problem i see

like everybody els

no i dont have mods
    i did al the thing in this post
    i whas so happy with the update thing i fanly got my ducks back, but no

just to get his clear

- Yes i use the newest version of the game.
    - No, i don't play with mods. I dislike mods in Anno.
    -I use connect. Yes the latest version.
    -II verified the game files, no problems.
    -I cleared the cache just to be sure

i am having the same issue here too, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help resolve this issue.

Can confirm I'm having the exact same issue. Everything unlocked according to Uplay Club Rewards, but no Club rewards unlocked in game.
    Only bought the Complete Edition a few days ago. Verified files, deleted Uplay cache, restarted new game. No change.

Experiencing the same issue with locked rewards..

I have followed your troubleshooting without any luck..

Please advise.

Rastfarian's Avatar Member

No Ubisoft rewards available in game

I too am experiencing the problem of not being able to access the Ubisoft rewards in game that is all the beatification items are greyed out and not able to be selected/placed.
    When I started the game after the update, I got the thank you screens for purchasing all the DLC's (I have all of them) but when in a game they are not accessible. The items that I had already placed in saved games have disappeared.