🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Anno forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Anno HE (1404, 1701) fonts size?

Hello.
    I play at FHD screen resolution @ 13.3" laptop with Windows DPI is 150% (default by Windows). It's almost unable to read the text because it's too small and there is no any font size parameters.
    how to adjust it?

P.S. How did UbiSoft tested it? it's 2020 now and there are many screen resolutions, hidpi and so on. all testers are eagle-eyes?

I run my game on a 40" 4k TV. I have to adjust the setting so I can read the text. It has nothing to do with the game.

You are going to have to change the screen resolution in the game to get it so you read the text.

I have to do the same thing with 1404 when playing. I lower my in game resolution to see the text.

Plus I had a hp 15.5 laptop one time. That it was just like what you are going through. I never ran it the (default by windows)

Well, it's a well-known solution to lower the resolution, I've used it many years ago when widescreen monitors became available, but software was not ready to deal with it.
    Today is 2020 and we are telling about just released remastered game. I can run old "Gold Edition" with 4:3 aspect ratio resolutions and readable text, but I've purchased new remastered game and want to play it.

How did UbiSoft tested it? it's 2020 now and there are many screen resolutions, hidpi and so on. all testers are eagle-eyes?
    Well I bet they didn't test it on 13.3 laptop. Yes it is nice you want to run it on that laptop. But games are made to run on a desktop computer with a decide size monitor.

That is how they test games on decide computer & monitor. Yes people like to run games on laptops, but 90% of laptops are not made for gaming.

I really had a problem with 1404 so I had to run it at 2560x1440. Where I'm not with HE 1404. I run it at 3840x2160 at 200% text.

Best thing you can do is contact support and see what they can do for you. This is a player to player forum not support. Sorry

PS: There are not a lot of people that use this forum too.

Originally Posted by dmdilks Go to original post
    Well I bet they didn't test it on 13.3 laptop. Yes it is nice you want to run it on that laptop. But games are made to run on a desktop computer with a decide size monitor.
    well, let's discuss if you're Ubisoft's attorney at law. first of all there is no rules about games to play on a particular type of PC. there are minimal and recommended system configurations, mine is suitable.
    If a game maker or a publisher decides to specify some incompatible configurations that were identified during QA testing they must describe those respectivly. mine isn't in that list.
    so this is my good willing to buy and play the game which is compatible with my hardware and the product have to be applicable.
    but it isn't.

That is how they test games on decide computer & monitor. Yes people like to run games on laptops, but 90% of laptops are not made for gaming.
    it does not matter at all here. hardware is suitable. Reasoning about desicions and likes does not explain QA work.

I really had a problem with 1404 so I had to run it at 2560x1440. Where I'm not with HE 1404. I run it at 3840x2160 at 200% text.
    I bet you like it. to pay and to wade through silly bugs. I'm not.

Best thing you can do is contact support and see what they can do for you. This is a player to player forum not support. Sorry
    PS: There are not a lot of people that use this forum too.
    today is the third day of support case to be opened and unanswered. still waiting for somebody to offer to lower resolution because of QA overlook.

Hey good luck with support! But I bet they will tell you the same thing I said work with your in game resolution.

Ubi-Milky's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello WingDog, thank you for posting about this and welcome to the Anno forums.

Sorry if there has been a delay getting back to you, we aim to answer all players queries within 1 week of posting at busier times.

In regards to UI settings and small text, this has been brought up with some of our other games, as all players set ups are different, using different variations of monitors, we will always advise players to reset their DPI settings back to 100% before launching the game, then launching the game in different resolution sizes to see what looks best. I have had to do this myself on other non Ubisoft titles and it is just about finding the best resolution that will work with your monitor/screen size.

We do support laptop players with our games, but often are support can be limited if a player does not reach the same system requirements for the game that would be required on a desktop game, but we will try our best to advise.