LuckyBide's Avatar Senior Member

Splinter Cell will be adapted into an anime series (Netflix)

"Netflix and Ubisoft have teamed for an anime series adaptation of the video game “Splinter Cell”, Variety has learned.
    Derek Kolstad, best known for his work writing the “John Wick” film franchise, will serve as writer and executive producer on the series. According to sources, the series has received a two-season, 16 episode order at the streaming service."

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/spl...ix-1234612535/

I always thought it would be better for Splinter Cell to be adapted into a series rather than a movie, it would fit better so it's a good point they're doing that.
    I hope the anime style will be badass and serious.
    However I just hope Derek Kolstad won't turn that into a full action series that feels like Conviction, that's what I'm the most afraid.

Knot3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Everything but a proper SC game eh Ubi?

semajmarc87's Avatar Senior Member
    I've been requesting an animated Splinter Cell movie for a long time. I think it would be much more enjoyable than a live action one. As long as Michael Ironside voices Sam I'll be happy.

SCAgent95's Avatar Senior Member
    Another disaster from ubisoft, a slow-paced stealth series does not have mass market appeal, you bet they'll make Sam move like John and filled with cliche plot lines, lets not forget that since its netflix a lot of politically correct dialogue/characters will be present as well.

Chances are it won't ever be finished, just like the movie.

However I do agree with you that a TV series has a better chance to be true to the franchise than a movie, this being animated and not live-action means cheaper production values, maybe they'll take a chance as give us something decent, I doubt it though.

DoomsDayFisher's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by SCAgent95 Go to original post
    Another disaster from ubisoft, a slow-paced stealth series does not have mass market appeal, you bet they'll make Sam move like John and filled with cliche plot lines, lets not forget that since its netflix a lot of politically correct dialogue/characters will be present as well.

Chances are it won't ever be finished, just like the movie.

However I do agree with you that a TV series has a better chance to be true to the franchise than a movie, this being animated and not live-action means cheaper production values, maybe they'll take a chance as give us something decent, I doubt it though.
    Agree 100% I like the way you think

shobhit7777777's Avatar Senior Member
    Please no Gun-fu

It's cool in Conviction and Blacklist....but it's overdone these days.

Watching 100% - Lets all do it and put thumbs up...more views better for the game as it might show there is still today major interest in stealth games!

Originally Posted by NAWR7.61 Go to original post
    Watching 100% - Lets all do it and put thumbs up...more views better for the game as it might show there is still today major interest in stealth games!
    Well let's wait and see before putting thumbs up. There's no point into liking everything Ubisoft does with Splinter Cell in order to show them that there is still a major interest in that franchise, they already know there are a lot of interest for it. And by liking everything, we as fans are taking the risk to show a wrong path for Ubisoft because there are a lot of bad and questionable things that they did with the Splinter Cell franchise since Blacklist.

I would agree with you..but im not sure Ubi knows how much intrest is out there hence i said what i said....plus John Wick dude will do this so wont be terrible..its just might be okay at worst...

I'm sure Ubisoft knows, will all the comments and complaints about the absence of Splinter Cell they're receiving each year at E3.
    I don't like the John Wick movies but that's my own opinion? But yeah it would probably have a good quality production at least.