all club rewards locked, but Ubisoft connect tells me they're activated

Hello,

I can't use no club rewards any more in Anno 1800.

For example all extra water fountains and all ship skins are locked in Anno's menu. For example, when I click on one of the extra fountains and try to build it, the Ubisoft Connect overlay opens in game instead of selecting the fountain for construction.

On the other hand Ubisoft Connect shows all club rewards as activated - at least there's a green mark on each:

I recently got a new computer and reinstalled Ubisoft Connect and Anno on this machine. Maybe that's part of the problem?

Can you help me here, am I doing something wrong?

I'm not the only one experiencing this issue, please refer to this reddit thread, too: https://www.reddit.com/r/anno1800/co..._up_as_locked/
     10 people found this helpful

Here too
     1 people found this helpful

I just found this thread which describes the same issue: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...working-IMAGES

AORUS2017's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by achimbitzer Go to original post
    I just found this thread which describes the same issue: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...working-IMAGES
    I got your message, so Ubisoft did say this will be the biggest DLC and they was right with full of bugs from the 22nd of October

Well done Blue Byte
     2 people found this helpful

I can't use no club rewards any more in Anno 1800.

For example all extra water fountains and all ship skins are locked in Anno's menu. For example, when I click on one of the extra fountains and try to build it, the Ubisoft Connect overlay opens in game instead of selecting the fountain for construction.

On the other hand Ubisoft Connect shows all club rewards as activated - at least there's a green mark on each:
    I just had the same problem - for me it started after my computer crashed with blue screen, so Ubisoft Connect could not sync save games to cloud and what else. After restarting the game, I got several messages which showed "new DLC available" and so on (which made me wonder a bit)... however, after loading last save, i noticed all club rewards where locked, same as described by op.

So i tried several things, like:
    - logout and login to Ubisoft Connect client - did not help
    - deleted Ubisoft Connect client cache - did not help
    - tried loading saves from different game sessions - did not help either

So i started to look in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Anno 1800\accounts\<random number>\. There you'll find a file called: accountdata.a7s

Luckily since i build my new computer a few days ago, i had an backup file available and I replaced the actual file with the one from the backup (file size was slightly different) - and it worked! All club rewards are available again. Also after restarting the game this still worked.

So my guess is, this issue is related to the update to the new Ubisoft Connect client and release of all club rewards for free and the fact, Anno 1800 is not fully integrated into the Ubisoft Connect client, most likely something with re-activation of such items is broken. Lets hope its only temporary.

So if you have a not too old backup of the save game folder, you might try that approach.

Greetings from Germany!

Btw. If you did not have had the issue yet, it might be a good idea to make a backup of the file accountdata.a7s

Thank you shane868 for the workaround!

To be honest I would prefer a fix from Ubisoft themselves. I'm afraid that manipulating game files is not the most robust solution ... Also, I don't have a backup of my Windows drive, I'm relying on Ubisoft cloud

I have the same problem. Ive just bought Ubisoft+ and it tells me all the club rewards are free, and all the rewards have a green mark as well. But in game I cant actually select them, itll bring me to the rewards tab, where theyre all unlocked -.-
    I guess we will have to wait for Ubisoft to fix it.

Just for your information ... a few mins ago, after starting the game, i got like 20+ messages (a little gray info bar bottom of screen) that my Ubi Club Rewards are unlocked (again). So maybe check again, if it is fixed for you.

According to this thread Ubisoft is aware of the problem and working on it:
    https://forums-de.ubisoft.com/showth...82#post2756082

@shane868 : I got the same messages when starting Anno but I still can't use the rewards in game.

Originally Posted by shane868 Go to original post
    I just had the same problem - for me it started after my computer crashed with blue screen, so Ubisoft Connect could not sync save games to cloud and what else. After restarting the game, I got several messages which showed "new DLC available" and so on (which made me wonder a bit)... however, after loading last save, i noticed all club rewards where locked, same as described by op.

So i tried several things, like:
    - logout and login to Ubisoft Connect client - did not help
    - deleted Ubisoft Connect client cache - did not help
    - tried loading saves from different game sessions - did not help either

So i started to look in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Anno 1800\accounts\<random number>\. There you'll find a file called: accountdata.a7s

Luckily since i build my new computer a few days ago, i had an backup file available and I replaced the actual file with the one from the backup (file size was slightly different) - and it worked! All club rewards are available again. Also after restarting the game this still worked.

So my guess is, this issue is related to the update to the new Ubisoft Connect client and release of all club rewards for free and the fact, Anno 1800 is not fully integrated into the Ubisoft Connect client, most likely something with re-activation of such items is broken. Lets hope its only temporary.

So if you have a not too old backup of the save game folder, you might try that approach.

Greetings from Germany!

Btw. If you did not have had the issue yet, it might be a good idea to make a backup of the file accountdata.a7s
    Can you upload your accountdata.a7s? I think that can open all achievements for me.. or no
     3 people found this helpful

the same happens here

I've tried the fix suggested in this thread but it does not work.
    The game thanks me for buying 'Sunken Treasures' at the start (only DLC I have) and everything else is still locked.

When can we expect a fix/patch for this? It is quite annoying.

Ubi-Thorlof's Avatar Anno Community Developer
    Hey all,

we're aware some players are still having issues with their rewards since the switch to Ubisoft Connect.

Right now we're in contact with our colleagues in the Ubisoft Connect team and hope to have an update on the matter for you soon.

Thank you for your patience.
     4 people found this helpful

So far no fix but a dlc and a patch has been released. Just say that you dont care.

As stated above, this is an issue related to Ubisoft Connect which can't be fixed just by ourselves but together with the Ubisoft Connect team (and is not only present in Anno 1800).

For anyone affected by the recent issue with the Club/Connect Rewards being shown as unlocked in Ubisoft Connect itself but are locked in the game, could you please provide info on the following points?
    - Are you using mods?
    - Are you playing offline?
    - Do you have the game updated to the latest version? (9.1.968978)
    - Did you receive any popups in-game or from the Connect Client (at the bottom of the game)

- no
    - yes
    - yes it notified me that rewards were unlocked and i recieve notifications like my friend going online

- no
    - no
    - yes
    - before ubi connect come normal popup Right side notifications. After the connect come, bottom long black line the unlocked messages, but when im start new game my rewards locked.

- Are you using mods?
    No
    No
    Yes
    - Did you receive any popups in-game or from the Connect Client (at the bottom of the game)
    After the last patch I received for each unlocked item a message at the bottom of the screen ingame, but all items remain locked.

- Are you using mods?
    no
    it's green - online, but I don't play multiplayer
    yes
    yes, multiple times at one day, every time when I started the game, but today there are no notifications
    still all rewards unlocked but ingame they are all locked! please help

- Are you using mods?
    no
    it's green - online, but I don't play multiplayer
    yes
    no

Thank you all, we've forwarded the info to the team. They have enough for their investigation, we'll keep you updated

Any news or updates?
    Problem still exists to me. Every time I start the game, Ubi Connect give me all the rewards, so the messege is shown at the bottom, but ingame all rewards are locked!
    It's a disaster, I wait now for 1 Month to get this solved by Ubisoft! Please help

I love how they announce another season pass while this problem is still ongoing, they simply dont care. Sure as hell i will not buy anything else untill everything is fixed 100% and i suggest everyone to do the same.

- Are you using mods?
    No

No

Yes

Yes but nothing is unlocked in-game

- Are you using mods?
    No

No

Yes

Yes but nothing is unlocked in-game

Can we have a update?

Same issue over here. I have half Ubisoft Ornaments unlocked (the ones unlocked using Uplay are available) and some portraits and logos locked.
    I deleted the "accountdata.a7s" file and now all my Ubisoft Ornaments are locked. Paid DLC still works fine.

Two things:
    - It looks like the "accountdata.a7s" file wasn't updated with all the unlocked rewards after the move to Ubisoft Connect.
    - Shouldn't the unlocked rewards be associated with the account and not with a local file?

Update Please!!

Any update ?

As stated before, as soon as we have an update, we will let you know

This issue affects multiple games after the switch to Connect and the responsible team is currently investing it.
    You can also stay updated via our support page:
    https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Ne...o-our-services

Hope to hear from you soon

Yes hope to see the issue resolved soon as well, can’t really start a campaign now.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Thorlof Go to original post

This issue affects multiple games after the switch to Connect and the responsible team is currently investing it.
    If that support link is meant to be for a tracker for the problem it's broken.

Any update?

I'm here for the same issue.

Problem still exist to me...
    Please give us an update!

Same here, club rewards unlocked in connect but not unlocking in game.

Reinstalled both connect and Anno 1800 and still no luck.

When I reinstalled connect I received notifications in game at the bottom that connect acknowledged all the club rewards but the game still doesn't register them.

Raised a support ticket.

Is there any sort of ETA on this as it looks like it's been an issue for about a month now.

The above link goes to a page Error 404 You Broke the Internet.

Same issue for me.

Same issue for me. Bought the "complete edition" and cant use any special content! All locked. This is limiting the experience and the product does not match what was advertised and stated

This must be resolved ASAP. How long has it been since the Ubisoft Connect rebrand? A month? Over a month? I paid for these items; I should be able to use them.

Any updates on this issue? None of the ornaments are working. I am starting a new game and would like to use the new portraits. Once they fix the problem, will it fix existing games or have to start a new game?

Vielen Dank für die Hilfe. Hat sofort geklappt.

Rastfarian's Avatar Member
    Thank you so much for this - it works! Found an old file on a different computer that I play on sometimes, copied, pasted, worked! Yay! I have my goodies back!...Now to skin some ships...