@Staerwrathn It feels like local saving was not part of the initial design.

I mean why put an anti cheat (battle eye) if your going to give people a save they can edit?

I'm guessing holding back multiplayer was due to some problem I mean it was in the videos leading to up release so I don't see why we need to wait for it unless its broken.

That this change is part of the need for a local save and if it was a last minute thing that would make more sense as to why its so horribly broken and untested.
     1 people found this helpful

@Ubisoft

Ubisoft Support - Changes to support in relation to COVID-19
    In the light of the current situation, we are temporarily restricting our support to live chat only.

Fair enough...

Chat is currently unavailable. Please choose another support method.

Right...

So no patch then?
     3 people found this helpful

Why patch it when according to Ubi everything is fine.
     2 people found this helpful

bring me back to the good old days where you could go into a menu and click "save". I have no idea why they haven't combined auto save with manual saves, after all there are save slots. Guess they are exclusive to a new game and that's that .......

Have you noticed in the forum that all the other problems people are having, are getting an response from ubisoft staff even if its the typical "troubleshoot" BS while the save issues aren't even getting looked at?

Originally Posted by TheK00lDude Go to original post
    bring me back to the good old days where you could go into a menu and click "save". I have no idea why they haven't combined auto save with manual saves, after all there are save slots. Guess they are exclusive to a new game and that's that .......
    I think they didn't give us manual saving coz they don't want us to farm our desired operatives by saving&loading. The randomness of players' operatives is what they want. Honestly I don't think that's a cool idea, we should be granted with a manual save option with permadeath off.

MisterSnrub's Avatar Junior Member
    Nice analysis, I found it interesting that Ubisoft decided to delegate full permissions to the "savegames" (and "log") folder to all users:
    icacls "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames"
    BUILTIN\Users: (F)
    BUILTIN\Users: (OI)(CI)(IO)(F)

Typically games save to the users' own profiles where only they have read/write access.

For those getting corrupted saves it may be worth mentioning what antivirus software you are using, there may be a common element with some filter driver - or it could well be a timing issue with multiple threads in the same process doing disk I/O.

Ubi-Mark.'s Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello Hackers,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I reported this issue to the development team for further investigation. Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

Originally Posted by PhilixDetroe Go to original post
    @Ubisoft

Ubisoft Support - Changes to support in relation to COVID-19
    In the light of the current situation, we are temporarily restricting our support to live chat only.

Fair enough...

Chat is currently unavailable. Please choose another support method.

Right...

So no patch then?
    It looks like you're trying to reach our chat outside of our working hours. You can find more about the opening times here.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

The effects seem very inconsistent. Yesterday afternoon I was plaggued with the ‘softlock’. Out of my five play sessions, five of them got affected. Upon clicking Return to Main Menu, it got stuck there for up to 10 min. Had to Alt-F4.

In the evening, things changed. Launched the game and was able to instantly quit twice. Then played for one hour: softlock on quit. Played again and did a mission, was able to quit right after. Instead of alt-F4 during my softlocks, I decided this time to alt-tab and let the app run in the background, eventually it went through. Five, ten minutes later. This shows it’s not really a softlock but just a very slow saving for some reasons. Might also depends on internet and the specs.

Anyway it’s inconsistent.

Originally Posted by Tominator181 Go to original post
    @PhilixDetroe I really agree, especially on the WD2 thing, I played that one for the last week to get "tuned in" for the legion release, legion feels like a backstep (& backstab :P ) sometimes. . .
    Glad I'm not the only one. Feels like Legion is a massive step backwards and a lot of stuff that made WD1 and WD2 great are missing. Can't hide in the car anymore, can't hack the tow trucks to use it as a ramp, no music player that I can interact with which makes it worse that the current one is just flat out broken, music pauses when you change the 'stations', spongy enemies that makes me avoid gun combat at all times, the fact that I can't use drive within the limit MYSELF and have a control of the vehicle like in WD2, instead I have to rely on auto-drive that doesn't even work with bikes...

I like the idea of being able to recruit people, as I like it in MGSV:PP and I really am amazed by Toronto studio, but they really should've let Montreal make another Watch_Dogs game. They had the gameplay down. All I wanted from the third installment was a Watch_Dogs game with a gameplay from the second one and with the story of the first one.