Advise on other Games

So here is the deal. I am a very picky gamer. My game interests are pretty much AC, God of War, Uncharted, Devil May Cry, and for the fun turn-off-your-brain play Ratchet and Clank. With that in mind I am interested in getting Ghost of Tsushima, Cyberpunk 2077, and the Witcher series. but I don't know much about the game play. So my question is do you think I would be a good match with these games? I realize none of you know me at all but as people who share a love for AC like myself I thought you could give me some input. And compare it to the AC games. I am also a bit cheap. If I am spending $50-60 on a game I don't want to be able to finish it in a week or two. I don't mind spending the $100 on AC games because I get at least 4-5 months of game play out of it. I also realize that Cyberpunk 2077 isn't out yet but I get the since that it is part of series of games. Also I most likely will not buy the game new. AC Valhalla, and the PS5 are my big game purchase this year so if I get any other games they will have to be used.

GoT is basically AC in medieval Japan just without the AC lore and labeling. Gameplaywise from i saw and very briefly played it is pretty much exactly the aforementioned. And has great post launch content for free.

Witcher 3 is a huge Fantasy RPG with melee combat, magic, monsters, etc. all set in an eastern european inspired mythological fantasy setting with elements of said eastern europe mythology. Post launch DLC is also on par with the main game.

Cyberpunk will be a fps rpg set in 2077 with all kinds of possibilities in terms of upgrading your body, hacking, etc. with what seems decent (not topnotch) combat mechanics, driving and a fantastic designed, dense open world to immerse yourself in.

I think you won´t make a huge mistake with going for any of those titles, the main things i would base the decision on is: do you like fantasy? go for the witcher. Do you like an AC in Japan? Go for GoT. You don´t mind playing in first person and want a modern/futuristic setting? Go for Cyberpunk.

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    The Witcher 3 plays out like a mixture between Mass Effect and one of the recent open world AC titles, minus the verticality and climbing. It's pretty RPG-heavy, so that should probably factor into your opinion.

Ghost of Tsushima is also a little bit RPG, but more in a lite way- think Unity or Syndicate's RPG elements, rather than Odyssey's. It has pretty fun combat and stealth- very polished, though nothing particularly groundbreaking. Also, it's a very pretty game!

If you're interested in AC and Cyberpunk, have you tried Watch_Dogs? The first two games are pretty good, and Legion coming out this week looks incredible with its "play anybody" feature.

Just a few other thoughts:

- Kingdom Come: Deliverance- Super immersive medieval RPG. Relatively cheap now, and unlike pretty much anything you're likely to have ever played

- Mount & Blade series- One of my personal favorites. You can get Warband on consoles, too. It came out about ten years ago, but the appeal is definitely as a sim and not necessarily the graphics. Also, definitely a good title to "turn-off-your-brain", maybe turn on a podcast or something as your slay your enemies before you and besiege a town.

Originally Posted by yallaswag Go to original post
    GoT is basically AC in medieval Japan just without the AC lore and labeling. Gameplaywise from i saw and very briefly played it is pretty much exactly the aforementioned. And has great post launch content for free.
    That was pretty much the since I got from the trailers. Odyssey and Origin have gotten me attached to the more open world aspect of games now. I don't mind a more restricted game play for example I loved Jedi Fallen Order, and the Uncharted games are pretty much like that as well. But I find the open world aspect of games allows for a longer play life.

Witcher 3 is a huge Fantasy RPG with melee combat, magic, monsters, etc. all set in an eastern european inspired mythological fantasy setting with elements of said eastern europe mythology. Post launch DLC is also on par with the main game.
    I like fantasy games but I have yet to find one that I like enough to invest in. My wife got me Skyrim for Christmas one year and I just couldn't get into it. I always felt lost and the game really didn't do a great job of giving you directions on what you need to do. If I bought Witcher 3 do think I would have a hard time following the story because I didn't play the first two?

Cyberpunk will be a fps rpg set in 2077 with all kinds of possibilities in terms of upgrading your body, hacking, etc. with what seems decent (not topnotch) combat mechanics, driving and a fantastic designed, dense open world to immerse yourself in.
    I like fps games but I am not great at them so I get nervous about buying them. I am not great at aiming so I just generally spray fire at my target or set my self up as a sniper so I can take my time aiming. Though I did have fun playing Bioshock 3.

I think you won´t make a huge mistake with going for any of those titles, the main things i would base the decision on is: do you like fantasy? go for the witcher. Do you like an AC in Japan? Go for GoT. You don´t mind playing in first person and want a modern/futuristic setting? Go for Cyberpunk.
    Thanks for the input. This helped a lot.

Originally Posted by cawatrooper9 Go to original post
    The Witcher 3 plays out like a mixture between Mass Effect and one of the recent open world AC titles, minus the verticality and climbing. It's pretty RPG-heavy, so that should probably factor into your opinion.
    That is good to know. I have never played Mass Effect so that reference does help. Not big into the military games. I tried Far Cry 2 or 3 (can't remember which one for certain) and I got annoyed with it.

Ghost of Tsushima is also a little bit RPG, but more in a lite way- think Unity or Syndicate's RPG elements, rather than Odyssey's. It has pretty fun combat and stealth- very polished, though nothing particularly groundbreaking. Also, it's a very pretty game!
    That sounds promising. I didn't much care for Unity but I like Syndicate.

If you're interested in AC and Cyberpunk, have you tried Watch_Dogs? The first two games are pretty good, and Legion coming out this week looks incredible with its "play anybody" feature.
    I have not tried Watch Dogs but it does look fun. Are they single player? I don't like multiplayer or online games so if that is a major element to them I am probably not going to play them.

Just a few other thoughts:

- Kingdom Come: Deliverance- Super immersive medieval RPG. Relatively cheap now, and unlike pretty much anything you're likely to have ever played

- Mount & Blade series- One of my personal favorites. You can get Warband on consoles, too. It came out about ten years ago, but the appeal is definitely as a sim and not necessarily the graphics. Also, definitely a good title to "turn-off-your-brain", maybe turn on a podcast or something as your slay your enemies before you and besiege a town.
    I have not played either of those games but I just looked up the Kingdom Come game and that looks like fun.

Quick question where was this thread move too? I just want to make sure that if I ask these types of question in the future I know where to put it.

I played cyberpunk, but I regretted it, Valhalla made a great impression on me, which still hasn't disappeared. I would advise you to return to GTA Vice City to plunge into this world again. This game will always be relevant, right? I can also recommend you Call of Duty, if you haven't played this interesting game yet. Usually I often play those games that came out a few years ago because it really takes me into a state of nostalgia, especially if it's a hacked version that perfectly matches me Battlelog.co