no disrespect ubi soft but are you rearly going to take the p-ss with your new update you offer a load of chalenges for pve to complete but whats the f_____g point i get f__K all for it no renown just the same thing i have looked at for 7 weeks now synchronising data why would you bunch of idiots put this in an update that cannot benifit a solo player yet you clowns put challanges on for us are you just rubbing salt into are wounds cos i for one think you at ubi soft have no f_____g idear how stupid this makes you look PS SORT THIS OUT
     1 people found this helpful

Thanks...done!

As DanDanPOO said:

we need it higher on r6fix so actual devs see it

https://r6fix.ubi.com/live-server/LI...onizing_data_/

everyone please submit this one has the most confirms

Day *47* (since October 6, 2020, when this issue re-surfaced, yes, "re-surfaced") and no fix for "Please Wait, Synchronizing Data..." for Lone Wolf/Terrorist Hunt, heading to Day 50 or 60, I suppose. Maybe on the 5-Year Anniversary of the game's release (December 1, 2020) we'll get a fix as a Christmas present? It certainly seems that way.

All sarcasm aside, though...It seems the support team have more or less let themselves out of this discussion (no replies in a while), but it may be justified in that they can't say any more than they have already said; no new updates, "currently under investigation", "we're aware of this issue...", etc. Their priorities are elsewhere with Ubisoft Connect and the upcoming December "big" update (Neon Dawn).

Of course, here and on Steam, no plan of action has been demonstrated or communicated other than softball replies ("we're merging this thread with...", "moving to player support!", etc.) and/or sending complainers to this site or another for "support tickets" and websites which make us *think* our efforts will be noticed and action promptly taken. Again "softball" replies, no fix, no action; the appearance of caring, it would seem.

The R6FIX website is where I was sent after my support ticket (on the "Please Wait, Synchronizing Data..." issue) was closed back in October. Here we are almost at the end of November and the R6FIX website, at that time (in October), had plenty of replications/confirmations of this "Please Wait, Synchronizing Data" issue when I added my information to the mounting pile.

It's funny, it's like a hand-off to a 2nd support site where, once again, nothing gets done. Documented? Yes. Addressed/Fixed? No.

When you see numbers like "can confirm issue can be replicated 30 out of 10 times" you'd think that this would elevate such an issue for action. Nope. It's been 47 days and no action no matter how many complaints or confirmations of the "issue".

It was funny to see one of the support team state (either on this thread or on Steam maybe), in so many words, that the R6FIX site was more or less about documenting (not fixing?) game bugs.

Still, if anyone goes there, it's worth documenting no matter how many hoops we have to jump through (screenshots, videos, support tickets, etc.). You can't say this issue hasn't been well-documented in almost 50 days. That's just for *this go-round* of the "Please Wait, Synchronizing Data" bug. It's been around since the beginning as I've stated in other posts on this thread.

In case anyone is interested, here's a link, on this forum, of this same/similar issue (all the makings of it with "Please Wait, Synchronizing Data..." and no rewards being given, etc.) going back to approximately 28 days after the initial release of the game in 2015:

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...own-and-no-EXP It's only about 7 pages, but the sentiments are the same as on "our" nearly, if not, 30-page thread (at the current time).

Five years coming up in December. Five. Same issue, no permanent fix or patch even though, after almost five years, how many times has this issue been "under investigation"?

Yeah, by now, a development team of a large software company with over 18,000 employees and having a worth of approximately $3.33 billion should've had this issue well under control within a small window of time. It's been FIVE years.

One person (on the above link from 2015) said "this issue" was in the beta version of the game. Geez. It got released like that.

Others in the 2015 thread stated how great this game is to play; agreed. It is a fantastic game, but *bugs need to be addressed in a timely fashion* (and not keep coming up, for five years, without a fix or a template for a fix). Timely Fashion: 2 days. You certainly wouldn't let a weekend go by without a fix (high-volume of players, etc.).

I'll compare the once-struggling (still struggling?) Starbreeze Studios/Overkill Software (again) with Ubisoft; approximately 180 or so employees (to Ubisoft's 18,000+), recently released an update and new DLC for Payday 2. Bugs were stated AND fixed...within approximately TWO DAYS; this is THEIR NORM for updates and new DLC. Maybe it's not fair to compare software companies on any level (different game engines, etc.), however, they certainly are setting the bar for their patrons and competitors.

As with any of my posts, they run long; sorry for that. Just a few more comments.

It seems this game has its main focus on multiplayer, etc., however, Lone Wolf is a cool mode for any of us who just want to play the AI or hone our strategies. And as paltry as 36 Renown is for a Lone Wolf match, it's still "something". By now, my Clearance Level should be somewhere close to 70 or so (Ubisoft Connect has me halted at 55) and I'm sure I'm "owed" thousands (15k? 20k?) in renown. Hard to say.

I'll say it again, great game. They just need to address these issues in a timely manner versus polite "talk-offs" (customer service/support agenda for non-action).
     3 people found this helpful

If this were affecting Multiplayer renown you know they would fix it immediately.

Ubisoft moderators, please do not censor/delete this post like you have other posts of mine in this thread.

Thank you.
     2 people found this helpful

if this was affecting multi player after this amount of time waiting for a fix ubi would have lost thousands of players by now and this game would be dead

no way it continues to happen after Neon Dawn release right?

if it does i will delete this game and ubi for good even though this has proberly been the best pve game i have played will be a sad day for me but you can only take so much without being heard

This is still an issue on the Test Server for Neon Dawn. Occasionally it fixes itself but it always comes back. Clearly, there's no real fix yet.

ok are you saying what i think you are
    occasionally it fixes itself i have played test server with no such luck but if this is the case they must be trying to fix this issue why have ubi not informed us a pic they ask for a vid they ask for show us that you at ubi are trying and i will wait all i can say is please try harder

Hard to say if the "Please Wait, Synchronizing Data" bug will still happen after Neon Dawn being released. The track record for this issue ("Please Wait, Synchronizing Data") is ridiculously terrible and longstanding. Five years of the same or similar issue. It's TOTALLY on the Ubi-side. How could it be anything else at this point? All the hoops the players have to jump through each time it occurs vs. just fixing it outright.

I'm hoping that Ubisoft Connect *IS* the fix, once it is tweaked properly. I see updates at least once a week and they seem to SLOWLY be "fixing" things.

The thing is, why wait until a major release (Neon Dawn) to fix something which has plagued this game for so long? Of course, nobody will answer this question directly while they keep pushing other agendas. That's why I find it hard to believe that such a big company (closing in on 20,000 employees) doesn't have enough resources to, as StJohn1966 says, "sort this out!" It should've been handled from the get-go, but it was allowed to linger and frustrate patrons since the beginning of the game's release.

It is odd that Squad and Multiplayer are virtually unaffected (currently) whereas Lone Wolf is singled-out (no pun intended) as the most affected.

Yes, I hope the Neon Dawn update will address this issue once and for all; a FIVE YEAR fix in the making. Five years.

One of the support team replied to one of my posts some pages back and suggested there is "no magic button" for a fix.

You'd think, after five years of a recurring bug, you'd have a template or roadmap for how to fix this issue. Magic button? Maybe not. Enough experience and investigation on a five-year recurring bug? Yes, unequivocally...unless the team has other agendas and priorities and/or it's just understood this bug will always be part of the game (as stated before, someone on the original 2015 post said this bug was in the beta version of the game, prior to release).

Unfortunately, it seems that's exactly what we have; a permanent feature of the game (the unfixable bug) to show up randomly over time, generally speaking, after a game or platform update. Like I said, the track-record for this bug is longstanding, since the game's release date of December, 2015.

When Ubisoft Connect is tweaked and running properly, I hope I'm wrong about this seemingly "unfixable" bug.

Originally Posted by sam_strast Go to original post
    hard to say if the "please wait, synchronizing data" bug will still happen after neon dawn being released. The track record for this issue ("please wait, synchronizing data") is ridiculously terrible and longstanding. Five years of the same or similar issue. It's totally on the ubi-side. How could it be anything else at this point? All the hoops the players have to jump through each time it occurs vs. Just fixing it outright.

I'm hoping that ubisoft connect *is* the fix, once it is tweaked properly. I see updates at lease once a week and they seem to slowly be "fixing" things.

The thing is, why wait until a major release (neon dawn) to fix something which has plagued this game for so long? Of course, nobody will answer this question directly while they keep pushing other agendas. That's why i find it hard to believe that such a big company (closing in on 20,000 employees) doesn't have enough resources to, as stjohn1966 says, "sort this out!" it should've been handled from the get-go, but it was allowed to linger and frustrate patrons since the beginning of the game's release.

It is odd that squad and multiplayer are virtually unaffected (currently) whereas lone wolf is singled-out (no pun intended) as the most affected.

Yes, i hope the neon dawn update will address this issue once and for all; a five year fix in the making. Five years.

One of the support team replied to one of my posts some pages back and suggested there is "no magic button" for a fix.

You'd think, after five years of a recurring bug, you'd have a template or roadmap for how to fix this issue. Magic button? Maybe not. Enough experience and investigation on a five-year recurring bug? Yes, unequivocally...unless the team has other agendas and priorities and/or it's just understood this bug will always be part of the game (as stated before, someone on the original 2015 post said this bug was in the beta version of the game, prior to release).

Unfortunately, it seems that's exactly what we have; a permanent feature of the game (the unfixable bug) to show up randomly over time, generally speaking, after a game or platform update. Like i said, the track-record for this bug is longstanding, since the game's release date of december, 2015.

When ubisoft connect is tweaked and running properly, i hope i'm wrong about this seemingly "unfixable" bug.
    i have been quite rude to ubi soft on this subject but if they are slowly fixing things i would lighten up but being as they havent even bothered for days to reply f--k em

Ubi-Milky's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by stjohn1966 Go to original post
    i have been quite rude to ubi soft on this subject but if they are slowly fixing things i would lighten up but being as they haven't even bothered for days to reply f--k em
    Hello stjohn1966, please be assured we are checking this thread as we have deliberately 'stickied' it for priority. The reason we have not updated players is because unfortunately there is nothing we can update you with, other than the situation is being looked into by the QA team and we are repeatedly bringing this issue to the Siege team and devs as one of our most important and commented on issues by players.

We can only apologise that this issue is still being investigated and assure you we are passing this message onto the team. We hope we can update you with a resolution to this issue but at the moment there is none and we share your disappointment. So please continue to post in this thread if you have been affected and any information you may think is relevant.

Hey Ubi its been 3 weeks of this

Same problem has been happing to me for 2-3 weeks FIX YOUR GAME

R6 Twitter has said a fix will be going live to the TS, hopefully, it works and will go live

yup, looks like its getting fixed good job everyone thanks ubi support too <3

I have just played test server seems ubi are on it long wait but it will be worth it

so it looks like we will be waiting for the neon dawn update for this fix any news on that ubi

Yeah, looks like the fix for the main/live servers may be with the next major update (Neon Dawn). Thanks for updating us Psymon., DanDanPOO and StJohn1966.

Here are the pertinent links (posted 11/23/20 regarding the *Test Server Only* patch for "Please Wait, Synchronizing Data..."):

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/sta...40792760905730

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6TTS...r_patch_notes/

*49* days to get this recurring issue addressed properly (for all intents and purposes). That's a long investigation (considering a similar/the same issue goes all the way back to December, 2015 for R6-Siege).

I realize there are bigger things brewing for such large companies and R6-Siege isn't their only game, however, I think many would agree, that's way too long to wait for a fix...any fix, minor or major.

I've compared Ubisoft to Starbreeze/Overkill with regard to DLC updates and hot-fixes, however, that may not be fair on any level, unless, across-the-board, the majority of reputable game companies/developers *don't leave game-breaking bugs (minor or major) unaddressed for more than a few days* (at this point, we're talking practically two months).

In other words, maybe a smaller company with fewer games can get to/hot-fix game bugs more quickly. Still, it seems like a really long time to wait when a company's reputation is partly represented by their "customer support" (action vs. words).

Having said that, I also realize I'll never know or even understand the thinking behind waiting so long.

I'll be grateful, believe it or not, when this issue stops recurring every few months. I hope that is the case.

But, here's the thing: going forward, what can one expect for future bugs and fixes in terms of turnaround times? [rhetorical] I hope the pattern is not set for bug-fixes based on this "Please Wait, Synchronizing Data" bug. I hope this was a "one-off" of bad-timing due to the transition to Ubisoft Connect, the pandemic and the holidays, etc.

Still, I'm grateful this issue is being addressed, almost two months later, vs. not at all.

Hello everyone, we are now able to let you know the team are introducing this patch to the test server in hopes we can patch this in the main game after the new update is released.

Please see our post on this here on our Siege Twitter account from the 23/11/20 - https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/sta...40792760905730

Please try our test server on PC and let us know if you still encounter this error when playing Lonewolf Training Ground games?

Thank you all for your patience you have demonstrated so far, we hope to fix this for the New Dawn Y5S4 main game update.

well have played a few games ts got my renown so thought i would do a challange completed it but it showed 0 renown for that challange but were added to my renown total so this bug is not quite sorted yet

Hey stjohn1966,

Do you have a video clip of this you can share with us and bring to the teams attention please? It would be most useful to us.

As well as this if you can tell us -

- Platform you are playing on?
    - Region you are located in
    - Exact date and time of match when you received no renown, including timezone?

This information is imperative to us, to investigate your account and other players affected.

It has worked for me on the test server :-)

Hi ubi i dont think i explained myself properly
    tserver works fine and you get your renown at the end of match
    when you play a challenge at the end of the game it says 0 for that challenge but when you exit to a different game your renown has been added to your total

It worked

It worked!!!, I made video but it didn´t let me send it
    Platform: PC
    Region: Spain
    Since when: 1 month ago

dear ubi conect this is the first time i have got envoleved in any thread but i am a54 year old bloke that plays pve this is the best game i have come across i can play on my own earn renown buy an alpha pack and love what i get or not (mostly not but i dont care)
    i spent something like £70 pounds on this game im sure this inclueded season pass but i also have a booster running all the time this is something i spend my money on each week so i get extra renown sad as this may sound to some players personaly i dont give a f---( a new skin for my own eyes to see makes for me this game worth playing)
    ps i play on a pc
    spent alot of money on this little rig 2070 supper advanced 24 gig ram and a msi 165ghz monitor 1ms etc to play this game at good quailty for a pve player
    so ubi for all i had to say about this thread bad language ect was because when you are a pve player who has spent what i have to play this game you lose your cool so ubi if this is sorted 3rd december i personaly will be a happy man cheers

I also have this issue

Originally Posted by PotemkinMcnasty Go to original post
    I also have this issue
    dec 3rd neon dawn update hopefully will sort this isue out

Still happening

Originally Posted by UBI-Froggard Go to original post
    Hey,

We are aware of this and it is being looked into by the relevant team. I apologise for any inconvenience.
    As of 11/27 this is still happening... what's up with that?

2 months already!
    Problem still exists!!!!!

I also have this problem.
    PC
    Hungary
    Today

Hey stjohn1966, that's no problem, I respect you are passionate about the game so no worries there, we feel your frustration around things like this too as gamers ourselves, its disappointing to not be able to tell a player good news or the fact an issue has been ongoing for so long, but hopefully there is a light at then end of the tunnel for this issue, as always we can only pass the information on from the team that they give us.

In regards to the T-Hunt renown seemingly not been awarded visually, but it IS actually awarded on to the players account side, the QA team are aware of this too and hoping to resolve this issue also by the next update.

Ubi-Milky:

Congratulations to the devs on reducing the disk size of the game (88GB down to 56.7GB for me)! Great work!

"Please Wait, Synchronizing Data..." is FIXED for Lone Wolf/Terrorist Hunt ("Elimination"), so, thanks for that, too!

You stated the Renown is actually awarded on the account-side for players of R6 Siege even if it doesn't show "visually" (in-game).

Any way to find out the true (account-side) totals we have currently, including the "awarded"/accumulated Clearance Level? Would a Support Ticket be necessary?

It seems it's a related issue you mentioned in your 11.29.20 post which may have not been fixed in today's update (account-side totals different than in-game totals).

By now, I'd be past my current Clearance Level showing in-game and there'd be a significant jump in my renown total.

Thanks for monitoring and replying to this thread.

Well done, Ubisoft! MUCH appreciated!

It was fixed for the first 3 matches I played. Got the problem again on the fourth.

Update: It was fine on the 5th match.

UbiKoreanBBQ's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Sam_Strast: Hiya! I'm super sorry about the delayed response! I could take a look at your MMR history if you'd like. Can you send me a private message?

Z3RO-ON3: Hi there! Thank you for your kindness and patience! It means so much to us!

TC19470412: Hey! Sorry to hear it happened strangely only on the 4th match. Can you let me know if you were chaining your matches? Or were you leaving the match and waiting a minute or longer before requeuing?

Hi everyone, just checking in, thank you all for the patience you have shown while the team worked to resolve this issue of players not receiving MMR through Thunt/Training Grounds Lone Wolf matches.

We will keep this thread pinned for a little while longer while we see if anyone else is still affected, although the QA team have reported this issue is now fixed with the introduction of Neon Dawn

Going forward if anyone is unsure of their MMR history you can reach out to us at our support channels to check your account for you as we have a record of every single match you played and how much MMR you received, if you are concerned you are not receiving any MMR for your match - Ubisoft Support Website - https://support.ubisoft.com/en-gb/Cases/New

i really appreciate it. thanks for fixing the issue. PvE finally feels rewarding again.
    is there a way i can send a couple of few dollars your way so you can treat yourself with a beer or alike?

Page 8 of 8 ◄◄  First ... 678