Nothing worse than the Rambo who rushes into the mix, blocking half the rest of the teams bullets by constantly strafing back and forth in front of the enemies. Then proceeds to die about 4 times as often as the rest of the group. Terrible selfish teammates.

I hate playing with the shield, its so annoying for me, but I dont care if another players use the shield.

Randoms are only usually there to increase drops. If you’re going to be in the way with that shield, we’ll allow you to seek your entertainment elsewhere...

Lol, well I guess shields are tricky in squads unless you have a solid tank build or just know how to use it.
    I'm a huge fan of the crusader shield but I mainly play solo and it's far from useless. Just have to know your way around it.
    It's a great skill if you're able to control your environment/spawns. So it's ideal on solo missions.
    You also take much less damage solo, you can play very aggressively, up to heroic. Actually, it's still useful on solo Legendary SUMMIT, probably strongholds too.

Oh and on the subject of shields, I wish MASSIVE would remove the "ability" from other players (even friendly NPCs) to drag you half a mile away when they start running next to you and you have your shield drawn. Seriously, that thing is preposterous. I don't really understand how it's even a thing. Ennemies can't do it so why are friendlies able to??

Originally Posted by LightKola Go to original post
    Oh and on the subject of shields, I wish MASSIVE would remove the "ability" from other players (even friendly NPCs) to drag you half a mile away when they start running next to you and you have your shield drawn. Seriously, that thing is preposterous. I don't really understand how it's even a thing. Ennemies can't do it so why are friendlies able to??
    100% They definitely need to make players less susceptible to being pushed with a shield out.

Nothing more annoying than having the enemy walk INSIDE a friendly shield and get their head protected by your own teammate. Come on now...

And to people playing with the shield: It doesn't make you superman without any sort of investment. You can't build DPS and put on a shield expecting to tank the whole encounter. Not happening.

Hell Massive was even made painfully aware of that when they debuted the flamethrower spec. The dev trying to play with a shield without tank/shield gear just kept dying.

It's the ones that stand right in front of you and block your shots with their shield that really boil my piss. Idiots!

i use shield on my AR focus build and sometimes with my smg builds

SHDLBC's Avatar Senior Member
    I have been frustrated by this as well. Last night I was playing District Union Arena and there were two shield players in the group who charged to the front in almost every room, blocking shots, and going down probably 70% of the time. The first couple of times I threw out my reviver hive, but got tired of it after that. The only way me or the other cover player could even shoot anything was to wait for the first two guys to go down.

I love that Hunter’s Fury, Memento, etc have brought some new builds and styles into play. I have a Hunter’s Fury shield build that I often use running solo and it’s a blast. I just wish that those players in group situations would be a little more mindful of other players (hard to get sometimes playing with ransoms, for sure) but to also exercise a bit more situational awareness. Multiple times this week I’ve watched shield players get wiped in the parking garage on Jefferson Trade Center because enemies spawn out of the doorway about halfway down on the right and end up behind the shield guys. It would be funny if it weren’t annoying.

For goodness sake, can people learn the difference between there and their? Meant jokingly but a genuine pet peeve.

Originally Posted by StarrDragon Go to original post
    100% They definitely need to make players less susceptible to being pushed with a shield out.

Nothing more annoying than having the enemy walk INSIDE a friendly shield and get their head protected by your own teammate. Come on now...

And to people playing with the shield: It doesn't make you superman without any sort of investment. You can't build DPS and put on a shield expecting to tank the whole encounter. Not happening.

Hell Massive was even made painfully aware of that when they debuted the flamethrower spec. The dev trying to play with a shield without tank/shield gear just kept dying.
    That's a double edged sword. In TD1, you couldn't budge shield users, so when they stood in a doorway, between you and the enemy, you were just screwed.

Lots of reasons I prefer solo game play. This one was way up there on the list.