Splinter Cell Remaster/Remake Idea

I was thinking, the 2 most recent games should be remastered and or remade, although it would probably be the first option. If there is a remake, Ubisoft should be sure to improve the overall game's visuals like Spider-Man PS5 (not Spider-Man: Miles Morales, I am referring to the PS5 remake) and maybe add some tweaks and gameplay changes.

In the case that some tweaks and additions, as well as gameplay changes are added, I believe Ubisoft should take the Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered approach, as they did introduce some new content in Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered years after its release that wasn't in the original game.

Now, onto my ideas/suggestions for a Splinter Cell remaster/remake.

Splinter Cell: Conviction should be remastered graphics wise, improved models perhaps, etc. It should be available for PS4 and PS5 and of course the graphics will be even better on PS5, just like what they are doing to For Honor. I believe, it should also have Blacklist's Improved Mark and Execute system (Killing in Motion), where you can Mark and Execute close to enemies to do CQC takedowns while taking out other enemies, rather than it just simply being 'aimbot' as it was in Splinter Cell: Conviction. Seeing as both Splinter Cell: Conviction and Splinter Cell: Blacklist are run in the same game engine and the same framework, this shouldn't be too difficult in comparison to reworking the game from the ground up. Multiplayer should obviously return, as it wasn't that prominent in the first place, but it will allow newer players to experience the Co-op Splinter Cell experience and story of Archer and Kestrel in improved graphics. I also think that, like Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered, perhaps maybe there should be one or two new suits for Archer and Kestrel as a bonus feature, just like in Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered where there are new outfits that were added that weren't in the original game. Perhaps even making Sam Fisher a playable character in Deniable Ops with his own Ops Suit to play along side Archer or Kestrel would be cool too? Although, asking for Sam Fisher as another character in Deniable Ops is too much to ask for in a Remaster in my opinion, but you never know...

Splinter Cell: Blacklist should also be remastered graphics wise, improved models, etc. It too should also be available for PS4 and PS5, and just like the Splinter Cell: Conviction remaster, the graphics would be significantly better on PS5. A major change would be that the voice actor should be replaced with Michael Ironside, but the mocap and everything else should be Eric Johnson as it already is. As a result of this change, Sam Fisher's model may need to be adjusted/changed to match Michael Ironside's Sam Fisher. Multiplayer should definitely return, Spies Vs Mercs is an iconic gamemode and needs to debut on next-gen consoles. Again, like the Splinter Cell: Conviction Remaster, there should be maybe one or two new Ops Suits for Sam and Briggs to wear as a bonus, just like the Assassin's Creed 3 Remaster with the new outfits that were not available in the original game. Perhaps in this case, Archer and Kestrel could make a return as playable characters too? Kestrel is already in Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and later on he does join Fourth Echelon, so this already would make sense, but then again, it may be too much to ask for a remaster. As a result, that means that Archer will probably not be a playable character either, let alone Kestrel.

Both of these remasters will create new hype regarding Splinter Cell, and will introduce new players to the franchise. It will also help players catch up on the recent story before the next Splinter Cell game release comes out. It would be kind of sad to see Splinter Cell skip an entire generation completely.

These are my thoughts, ideas and suggestions.

Splinter Cell Conviction and Blacklist remakes? Gross. Please tell me you're trolling, you gotta be. This board hates those games with a passion as they are the worst in the Franchise. Nobody wants those, we want Chaos Theory, Pandora Tomorrow, hell even Double Agent will do.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by TurboYama Go to original post
    Splinter Cell Conviction and Blacklist remakes? Gross. Please tell me you're trolling, you gotta be. This board hates those games with a passion as they are the worst in the Franchise. Nobody wants those, we want Chaos Theory, Pandora Tomorrow, hell even Double Agent will do.
    Why you bully me?

I know that practically everyone hates Splinter Cell: Conviction and Splinter Cell: Blacklist, but Splinter Cell: Conviction is my favourite Splinter Cell game so far, and I have played Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Splinter Cell: Double Agent. Don't ask why, it's just personal preference I guess.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying I don't want to see remakes of the other games. What I am saying is that if they made a new installment to the Splinter Cell franchise using the old game mechanics, it just simply wouldn't make much sense, after the events and gameplay of Splinter Cell: Conviction and Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Remakes of the older games but with modern graphics while keeping the older game mechanics? Perfect, I'd absolutely love to see that.

However, instead of asking for a remake of the entire franchise, I am asking for the 2 most recent games to be remastered and potentially to have new content added to it, similar to how Assassin's Creed 3: Remastered had new content years after the game's original launch. This way new players being introduced to the franchise will have a chance to get familiar with the story of Splinter Cell in recent games, as starting all the way from the first Splinter Cell would be quite a tedious thing, unless the player is a hardcore Splinter Cell fan that wants to relive the games but with modern graphics. That would be a great experience for them, and potentially some open minded new players that want to get into the story of a game like many of us do.

The way Ubisoft are handling the newer games is because they have to go with that approach to appeal to a wider audience. the Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory days are long gone and gaming has evolved so much, if Ubisoft just copied that same style but with new graphics, for a new installment, that would be quite worrying and could mean the end of Splinter Cell all together, as the gameplay that worked and was sufficient back then just simply won't really work, or rather it will work, but may not hold up against other games nowadays. Splinter Cell: Blacklist was a nice blend of Splinter Cell: Conviction and some of the older games, as it gave you the option to go non-lethal and play the 'Ghost' style, but people still hated it because there was no Michael Ironside, etc.

Which is why, in my remaster/remake idea, I was saying to make Michael Ironside the voice actor for the remaster/remake, a bit like how they changed Peter Parker in Spider-Man (PS5), but in this case it is technically going in reverse, as we are going back to the 'favored actor' again. To compensate for this, perhaps his model should be altered or changed to something like his model in Splinter Cell: Conviction or Ghost Recon: Wildlands or Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, seeing as Michael Ironside plays Sam Fisher in all 3 games.

Despite the efforts Ubisoft did to make a blend between classic Splinter Cell and modern Splinter Cell, which I thought was fantastic, people still hated, and after all that effort, almost 8 years later, now people are begging for Splinter Cell again. It's just like Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2017). It had a rough launch, got so much hate, people petitioned to 'cancel' or 'shutdown' the game, but now people are calling it 'the best Star Wars game ever made', and when live updates stopped occurring, then everyone was sad and petitioned to continue support for Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2017), even willing to pay for DLC. They went from a rough start over paid DLC and microtransactions, because of how it was taking so much of people's money, so far as to people petitioning to shutdown the game, to people petitioning wanting them to continue updating the game and willing to throw money at them to continue updating it.

After considering all that, it makes you think about why Ubisoft hasn't released a Splinter Cell in so many years...

This dude has the audacity to say Conviction and Blacklist need remasters/remakes but not the original trilogy titles...

What a troll. He must be employed by Ubisoft.
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by EddieTheBunny2 Go to original post
    This dude has the audacity to say Conviction and Blacklist need remasters/remakes but not the original trilogy titles...

What a troll. He must be employed by Ubisoft.
    I'm not a troll, nor am I employed by Ubisoft. If you read my post properly you'd see I said I'd love to see the older games have remasters/remakes, but it seems very unlikely.

Sorry, man, it's just that that seems like something Ubisoft would do. The seem to go out of their way to intentionally miss the point and do something nobody asked for, you excluded. I mean, like what you like, but it's just going to come off silly to primarily ask for the last two titles that bombed to be remastered. Not trying to be a ****, it was just hard to contain myself.
     3 people found this helpful

Sorry, man, it's just that that seems like something Ubisoft would do. The seem to go out of their way to intentionally miss the point and do something nobody asked for, you excluded. I mean, like what you like, but it's just going to come off silly to primarily ask for the last two titles that bombed to be remastered. Not trying to be a ****, it was just hard to contain myself.
    I get it man, it's been so long since the last Splinter Cell game, and we all are just hoping for a new one and at the same time getting dissapointed all the same. It creates a sort of toxic atmosphere where people almost start blaming others to be the reason as to why we have not gotten another Splinter Cell in years...

I think it's best to just tell ourselves Splinter Cell stopped at Chaos Theory.

All the drama that started in the series is what caused it to crash and burn.

Everyone likes the espionage of the legacy titles(Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory), but then Ubisoft decided to make the series a drama with the travesty titles(Double Agent, Conviction, Blacklist).

The series is just a mess and it seems it will continue to be a mess if they keep trying to move forward with the drama show that the series turned into. Anyway, I digress. Sorry. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure where I was going with this.

I think it's best to just tell ourselves Splinter Cell stopped at Chaos Theory.

All the drama that started in the series is what caused it to crash and burn.

Everyone likes the espionage of the legacy titles(Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory), but then Ubisoft decided to make the series a drama with the travesty titles(Double Agent, Conviction, Blacklist).

The series is just a mess and it seems it will continue to be a mess if they keep trying to move forward with the drama show that the series turned into. Anyway, I digress. Sorry. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure where I was going with this.
    Well where's the fun in that? It's sad to see the franchise just die off like this, even though it isn't dead.