PC version road bugs

What is the issue with the PC version having graphical glitches. When I get onto the road two vertical lines appear in front of my on the road like a rectangle. I cannot figure out how to sort it. Anyone experienced this and fixed it?

FCacGRdvWD's Avatar Senior Member
    The game was poorly optimized (if you are talking about Wildlands) but also make sure you have the latest GPU drivers installed as yours make have gotten corrupted. I just read that Ubisoft dropped their Uplay and I was absolutely over the moon but then I kept on reading they came up with something new called cross-play so I am just wondering if this will wreak havoc on various systems until they decide that half assed is good enough like most of the games and things they own.

Also, posting an image and posting your specs can help the most savvy members here guide you to something else. Good luck

Nah, posting an image isn't necessary. And very difficult, I tried that. It's the texture mesh of the road surface that you see, it does this in Breakpoint as well. As far as I know, there's nothing you can do about it. I gave up trying to fix it. (AMD CPU and GPU).

Its crazy that they would design a game like this

Originally Posted by Ageless93 Go to original post
    Nah, posting an image isn't necessary. And very difficult, I tried that. It's the texture mesh of the road surface that you see, it does this in Breakpoint as well. As far as I know, there's nothing you can do about it. I gave up trying to fix it. (AMD CPU and GPU).
    Difficult to post? in what sense? to upload it to imgur and then post here or to be able to get the effect that the OP is talking about.

Personally, I would like to see it to say that I have or have not had the issue and/or to recognize what the issue is but ok, it makes no sense to ask for help and not post all of the info needed to get said help.

Originally Posted by DmxDex Go to original post
    Its crazy that they would design a game like this
    Well, yes, yes it is crazy but most people don't mind, don't care or pretend that it doesn't bother them all that much so they say nothing. and Ubisoft being the "For Profit Only" company that it is, takes it as something they can get away and for the next installment, they will try even harder to get away with even more and this is why Breakpoint is the kind of turd that it is even 1 year later.

Originally Posted by FCacGRdvWD Go to original post
    Difficult to post? in what sense?
    The drawing and disappearing of those squares happens in milliseconds, even when recording a video and trying to pause it at exactly the right time to make a screenshot is near impossible.
    I'll try again, but not looking forward to the ordeal.

Edit: video
    Look ahead of the car at the road.

MikeWeeks's Avatar Senior Member
    I wonder what would be the variables to make such "squares" noticeable while in the game?

I'm running GRW at 2560x1440 on a GTX1660 and have to say if this is taking place in my game, it's just not noticeable. That's not to say other graphic glitches don't get noticed when on the road, just that this isn't something popping out when I decide to motor versus fly.

In fact it took some real effort on my part to even spot what is the subject of the OP - thanks for taking the effort.

Well, I can't say I have encountered it or not, if I did, I probably thought it was part of the road or something, it goes to show how much effort I put into the whole driving thing in a so called Ghost Recon game but you guys are the experts so I figured if it bothers some, it is not normal and that's good for me

Again, Ubi's game, even if this one is not supposed to be a port, have never been optimized, they have always been pretty much "Good enough for Government work" and ready for sales. The game is far from finished and we all have to wrap our heads around to enjoy the game.

Originally Posted by MikeWeeks Go to original post
    I wonder what would be the variables to make such "squares" noticeable while in the game?
    At the time I started noticing it I had changed some settings on my graphics card. But even reverting back to the previous state didn't fix that.
    In Breakpoint it's most noticeable in snowy environments.

I have since clean installed drivers, completely uninstalled via DDU in Safe Mode and installed new drivers, uninstalled MSI Afterburner. Nothing fixed it.
    So I surmised it was always like that and once I noticed it happening.... I can't unsee what I have seen once. If that means you now see it as well, blame me.

I'm running GRW at 2560x1440 on a GTX1660
    AMD RX 5700 XT at 3840x2160. At least this game can run in 4K. BP is a slideshow @4K. Essentially the same game engine, but with heavier graphics.

@FCacGRdvWD, us experts? How?

Okay, so I can fix it in Wildlands by setting Terrain Quality to Very High instead of Ultra. Ultra gives the artifacts. Very High does not.

YMMV.