iRobz's Avatar Junior Member

Yamaha THR30ii

Does anyone use this practice amp with RS2014?

This amp also has PA out and I wondered if plugging in the input from the console would enable to use the inbuilt wireless feature for cable free Rocksmith shenanigans.

futile67's Avatar Senior Member
    Yes, I've been using the USB output in the THR30II instead of the Real Tone Cable since I bought it almost a year ago. First I used it using the Microphone input option (for acoustic guitars), but now there's a mod that adds an option in Rocksmith for interfaces (Direct Connect). This way you also get Rocksmith's "real" tones (and better detection, actually). The wireless transmitter, Relay G10T, has very low latency, so I don't really notice any gap. Playing without cables is awesome!

In THR Remote options, make sure that Record Dry is ticked, otherwise Rocksmith will detect the distortion, delays and so on. And I'd change USB OUT to 80-85 so that you get a nice signal.

If you need the mod, check the last post in The Riff Repeater.

iRobz's Avatar Junior Member
    Nice. Thanks for the info. Im guessing this is only PC based? Id like to output straight to my Xbox if possible.

Im really drawn to the wireless side. As I get older my patience for cables and the time spent wrangling them is limited.