🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Request for Review copy of Watch Dogs Legion

Hi Sir,

Im Joseph from JOSEPHGAMING and I have a Youtube gaming channel, that you can check out here: https://www.youtube.com/c/josephgaming1. I stream, create game reviews, create game walkthroughs and other contents on a daily basis for the last 7 Months. My channel is actively growing and Ive recently hit 270 Subscribers.

I noticed that your upcoming WATCH DOG LEGION (PS4) is due for release this month on 29th of October and Id love to have a chance to review, stream, make a video about it. It would be great if I could request a review copy of it.

Im looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,
    Joseph Fernandes

Link :- https://www.youtube.com/c/josephgaming1

Subscribers:- 270

KmarkoPL's Avatar Senior Member
    Buy game like others !
    Cause you have 270 subscribers on youtube, does not make you important and entitled so you can beg for free review copy !!

Also,Forum is not the right place to ask for things like that.
    Ubisoft have his own influences.

Officer_Johnson's Avatar Senior Member
    This is why I hate what YT has become. An actual excuse to not look for real job.

Good for you! Wait like the rest of us. It may be leaked anyway. Oh! Enjoy the supposed backdoors as well.
     2 people found this helpful

SofaJockey's Avatar Senior Member
    I suspect supporting a large audience with interesting content is a real job and it's not easy.

However, building up is the tricky bit.

I've seen a few channels 'get noticed' and I find it rarely happens below 10,000 subscriptions and usually with more than 50,000.

And how much content have you published about WDL?

None at all?

That might not help convince Ubi that you have a viable audience for them.

But you seem sincere, so you have one sub.

secretzrus's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm guessing if one didn't get invited to participate in either of the preview sessions, they probably won't get a review copy...sorry.
     1 people found this helpful

Officer_Johnson's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SofaJockey Go to original post
    I suspect supporting a large audience with interesting content is a real job and it's not easy.

However, building up is the tricky bit.

I've seen a few channels 'get noticed' and I find it rarely happens below 10,000 subscriptions and usually with more than 50,000.

And how much content have you published about WDL?

None at all?

That might not help convince Ubi that you have a viable audience for them.

But you seem sincere, so you have one sub.
    Sofa, I've never had beef with you on this forum and I don't plan to now. I'm just going to reply to part of your post:

1) I do not have a powerful enough PC to bring that eye candy playthrough experience for viewers.
    2) I'd have to learn lots more about Adobe products, film production, cinematography, OBS,etc
    3) The YT platform itself has been on a huge decline. #youtubealgorithm
    4) Any content I'd come up with has already been done 10x over
    5) Sitting on your [bleep] and getting paid for it will never be as profitable as a traditional job
    6) I do not wish to pander shamelessly to an audience that would not even be appreciative of my time and effort
    7) You can watch videos for free. What's the incentive of subscribing anyway?
    8) I'd need to go out and buy equipment, aka, cost me money
    9) I'd have to say stupid phrases every 2 minutes like "please smash that subscribe button" or "Let's get 100 Likes", or "Like if you think Marcus looks sexy in this outfit"...
    10) Likes...social media... :barfface emoji:

SofaJockey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Officer_Johnson Go to original post
    Sofa, I've never had beef with you on this forum and I don't plan to now. I'm just going to reply to part of your post:

*some good points *
    Ha. I don't disagree with much of that, though I would propose that some 'influencers' are at the quality end of games journalism and produce and edit genuinely interesting non-trivial content.

Sure, there are people who just stream blowing stuff up, there's certainly a variation.

There is a huge different between say a 'JorRaptor' and just flopping a vanilla recording or gameplay onto the internet.

- - - - - - - -

Incidentally, we've heard nothing from the OP?

Or was this just a dump and run post?