Unable to launch game following today's patch

Following the download of today's patch, I am no longer able to launch For Honor. Every time I click play in Ubisoft Connect the For Honor splash appears and hangs for a few seconds before I get a popup box that reads "Launch Error Failed to start the game (2)". I have verified game files, uninstalled and reinstalled ubisoft connect, uninstalled and reinstalled for honor, repaired and reinstalled easy anti cheat, updated windows to the latest version, updated my graphics drivers, tried running the game and ubisoft connect in various compatibility modes and as administrator. No luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For anyone experiencing the same issue. I had to completely uninstall my antivirus to get the game to launch. I have been using the same AV product since the game's launch with no issues but it seems to be the culprit. I first attempted to whitelist the game or disable the AV and neither of those worked. Uninstalled av entirely, rebooted, game now launches.

what anti virus program do you use?
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Wan's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey there, and thanks for reporting your fix here, Vondougle! Out of curiosity, you were in fact able to reinstall your antivirus program, correct? Typically we prefer to avoid uninstalling antivirus programs, so I hope you're now able to play with one, in the end.

i am having the same issue at the moment.

Ubi-Mark.'s Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello TheSpo_kyWizard, welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue as well.

Can you please try the troubleshooting steps in this article? It will help to eliminate any potential software conflicts.

If the issue persists, could you please contact our team on our Support Site?
    Please attach both of the following system files:
    It will help our Customer Support team to investigate this further for you. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

I use Webroot, and as of now I have not yet reinstalled it. I uninstalled it that day, checked that it booted correctly, and haven't had the chance to be on my desktop since then.

Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Vondougle Go to original post
    I use Webroot, and as of now I have not yet reinstalled it. I uninstalled it that day, checked that it booted correctly, and haven't had the chance to be on my desktop since then.
    OK if the issue continues please let us know. Thank you.

JVB.'s Avatar Junior Member

Unable to Launch For Honor

Im also having the exact same issue and I also use Webroot.

ubi-smash's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    JVB.: Would you be willing to uninstall Webroot and check to see if you are still experiencing the same issues? If so, please keep us posted if you are able to play after uninstalling this program so we can share this with our game team.