Originally Posted by SofaJockey Go to original post
    Waiting is wise.

Worrying about New Game Plus seems premature when we're still 4 months from enjoying a first playthrough.
    A first playthrough isn't worth my time without a New Game Plus feature
    Far Cry 3 for example while fun after i beat it never got touched by me again therefore was a waste of money in my opinion

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by AgentSeta Go to original post
    A first playthrough isn't worth my time without a New Game Plus feature
    Far Cry 3 for example while fun after i beat it never got touched by me again therefore was a waste of money in my opinion
    Funnily enough, the 2 Far Cry titles to have new game plus are the 2 I've played the least. I did do a run through FC5 on NG+ though and it's a welcome (and hopefully returning) addition to the series, FC5 and ND were just less enjoyable entries to me for a multitude of other reasons.

KrayZee_'s Avatar Senior Member
    New Dawn doesn't have New Game+, unless you purchased things with real money. It's just Far Cry 5. If there's any Far Cry game that needs New Game+, I'd say Far Cry 2. Since Far Cry 3 had multiple save slots, I actually didn't mind starting a new game since guns basically come for free anyways so long as you climb radio towers. Far Cry 4 did become more grindy with crafting but leveling up is still pretty quick , but yeah it should have New Game+ since it lacked multiple save slots.

The way Far Cry 6's map has been set up where there are 3 regions like in Far Cry 5 plus a capitol city and another island, New Game+ would definitely be a no brainer.

Originally Posted by KrayZee_ Go to original post
    New Dawn doesn't have New Game+, unless you purchased things with real money. It's just Far Cry 5. If there's any Far Cry game that needs New Game+, I'd say Far Cry 2. Since Far Cry 3 had multiple save slots, I actually didn't mind starting a new game since guns basically come for free anyways so long as you climb radio towers. Far Cry 4 did become more grindy with crafting but leveling up is still pretty quick , but yeah it should have New Game+ since it lacked multiple save slots.

The way Far Cry 6's map has been set up where there are 3 regions like in Far Cry 5 plus a capitol city and another island, New Game+ would definitely be a no brainer.
    Oh it didn't? I suppose I just assumed. I played New Dawn once and that was more than enough for me. I would hope that NG+ becomes a series standard, but who knows.

part of why i like playing game is upgrading my character as i advance and with new game plus when you start over you do not get to progress you are already max level or close to it so it does not feel like you advance as much but sometimes it is fun also to be really powered up from the start and plow through enemies i hope they add it but i will not always use it

they also need to add mulitple save slot again so i can have more than one play through to load up like in far cry 3

Originally Posted by Gr4nt8r0dy Go to original post
    part of why i like playing game is upgrading my character as i advance and with new game plus when you start over you do not get to progress you are already max level or close to it so it does not feel like you advance as much but sometimes it is fun also to be really powered up from the start and plow through enemies i hope they add it but i will not always use it

they also need to add mulitple save slot again so i can have more than one play through to load up like in far cry 3
    Big yes on the multiple save files again. I've been askin' em to bring that back since they removed them in FC4 for some inexplicable reason.

Originally Posted by Kream Go to original post
    This is of course my personal opinion: There's a high chance there won't be new game plus. Remind you, in New Dawn they implemented in-game store which sold skill points and such. They also made those purchases viable to all your games, to all your saves. This made an environment of which you buy more, the more efficient you get. You buy more, the more stronger you feel from the beginning; easier start. Heck, spend enough money, it feels like new game ++, you know? Hahahahaha. Since this is their latest strategy, it is more likely that they will adopt similar system.
    Now, back in the days I didn't have to add this part but I see things have changed so I have to add that I am not promoting micro-transaction system. I actually okay either way.
    Nothing seems to indicate that they're using the same rpg system of new dawn here in fc6 without new game plus, and with leveled enemies.

I think there will be game+. Problem is that they will implement it later like in fc5. Pandemic has had to affect game development one way or another this time.

Originally Posted by KrayZee_ Go to original post
    New Dawn doesn't have New Game+, unless you purchased things with real money.
    Even if you buy things with real money it'd not New Game Plus, it's just whatever you bought as you still lose everything else on restart

Originally Posted by HorTyS Go to original post
    Oh it didn't? I suppose I just assumed. I played New Dawn once and that was more than enough for me. I would hope that NG+ becomes a series standard, but who knows.
    Unfortunately it didn't which is the whole point of this thread, New Dawn felt like a waste of money because the lack of New Game Plus

Originally Posted by AgentSeta Go to original post
    Unfortunately it didn't which is the whole point of this thread, New Dawn felt like a waste of money because the lack of New Game Plus
    To me, there were plenty more factors than lacking NG+ that contributed to ND feeling like a waste of money.

Excellent question, I really do hope the game has this. However I havent heard anything yet and thats not a good sign. This close to launch lets see. Even if it does not at launch the most we can do it hope for it to be added in a future update.