new takedowns

When are we going to have a repair tool or fishing rod takedown? That'd be funny.

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    I would definitely love it if they improved & expanded upon the takedowns. I think a sliding takedown would be a cool addition, as well as weapon type specific takedowns (which would be loud unless you have a silencer attached or it's a silent weapon like a bow). Honestly I feel takedowns are one of the best things about Far Cry now so I really wish they'd double down on them and make them a higher priority.

I would love to see body drag separated from takedowns. For stealth gameplay it would be a simple yet great addon to be able to drag bodies whenever it is necessary, not just when an enemy is beeing killed and only with a proper skill achieved.
    Skills would for example add better body hiding or remove dragging marks left on the ground and make dragging less noisy..

I miss being able to pick up bodies that was in FC3. The ability to move bodies to hide them is sorely missing to me.

Originally Posted by modmcsupersport Go to original post
    I miss being able to pick up bodies that was in FC3. The ability to move bodies to hide them is sorely missing to me.
    Huh?!? Pretty sure they didn't add the ability to pick up & move bodies until FC4 and that it was still very much available to do in FC5 and New Dawn....

KrayZee_'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by HorTyS Go to original post
    Huh?!? Pretty sure they didn't add the ability to pick up & move bodies until FC4 and that it was still very much available to do in FC5 and New Dawn....
    I believe he meant dragging a body after performing a takedown. The issues I have with this ability is that you can't really see where you're going behind you unless you turn around. You would also instantly drop the body the moment you stop moving and you wouldn't be able to pick it up and try to hide it. But yes, the ability to pick up and move bodies is from Far Cry 4.

If the devs were to bring back takedown drag, I'd rather press a button to drop the body than automatically dropping it.

Dragging body, looting someone.....are the actions when we're more vulnerable.

Neutralization of an enemy is one thing but dragging and catching the body is another.

Good if there are bushes nearby but if there're not?!
    If there is a blood trail follows the dragging body?!
    If there is no place to hide the body at all?!

If there is no place to hide.....and another enemy is approaching?!

You should think and act very fast!
    You should make a quick decision in the most unexpected situation.

You can never calculate the situation 100%.
    Something may go wrong.

That "wrong" adds more Adrenaline!

Even the enemy you're going to neutralize (if it's not a sniper's headshot and your target is without helmet) .....your enemy can be stronger than you, he can be more agile or experienced.....after all, he can be more lucky!

Your enemy may scream during nuetralization.
    He Must Sсream and warn his comrades!
    Its his direct duty.

I think Far Cry should think about stealth development.
    Stealth development in depth.

Calculated, computed stealth......you'll tired of it.
    We're solving the same puzzle again and again.
    There should be unexpectedness.
    Puzzle should renew itself.

For instance, recently there were too good games "Desperados 3" and "Wasteland 3"....

"Desperados 3" itself was a good puzzle.
    Dragging body on the ground makes a character less noticable for enemies than carrying it on the shoulder.

Far Cry needs some strategy as well!

Not a battle net on the ground like in "Wasteland" but some kind of strategic thinking and fighters placement during battles.

We should have our squad.
    Every member of which will have certain skills.
    We should upgrade our soldiers - putting heart and soul in them and their upgrading.

Losing one of the soldier during the battle will be a tragedy for us.
    It will make the game more emotional.

Losing a safecracker, for example, we won't be able to crack safes.

So, we'll have to develop characters more thoughtfully.
    Not to keep all eggs in one busket.

There is an epic moment in such games ....when, in some large location, all the strongest members of the team are dying one by one...and the weakest, which you didn't expect, is going on fighting and surviving, just without meds and bullets. And wins in the end.

Originally Posted by KrayZee_ Go to original post
    I believe he meant dragging a body after performing a takedown. The issues I have with this ability is that you can't really see where you're going behind you unless you turn around. You would also instantly drop the body the moment you stop moving and you wouldn't be able to pick it up and try to hide it. But yes, the ability to pick up and move bodies is from Far Cry 4.

If the devs were to bring back takedown drag, I'd rather press a button to drop the body than automatically dropping it.

Maybe he meant drag takedown, but those could only be performed immediately upon performing a takedown and he said he missed being able to pick up bodies, which isn't how the drag move worked. The takedown drag is supposed to apply limitations to your options and mobility, so I get why they make you drop the enemy automatically and why you can only move backward with it. Holding a lifeless body upright is fairly restrictive on one's movement after all. However, it would be cool if the drag takedown was just an innate ability (meaning something we can do from the start) and there was a perk you could get to improve things like your mobility whilst holding one and the effectiveness of it as a human shield. I think we should be able to grab enemy characters while they're alive and use them as human shields, that'd be really cool and open up multiple new options...

Actually I was thinking about drag separated from takedown and I forgot it was possible in FC4, sorry guys.
    Still, it is a nice feature to have in the game.