Originally Posted by Chibbie_710 Go to original post
    I am getting the same error as shown above after I played the game I did a break and wanted to game along later. Now I am stuck with that message.
    Sorry to hear but maybe if it affects more and more people they at some point, if affects enough people, admit it's something going on on their end (my guess the move from Uplay to Connect they are doing in a couple of days is screwing a few things up) and it gets fixed.

Talked for two (or is it three already?) days with Ubi Support now and even though I very clearly proved that it wasn't on my end (I tried loggin into my friends account on my PC and I can play his Anno on my PC and when he logs into my account on his PC he can't play Anno with my account even though he can with his account, so error is somehow account related and not caused by anything on my end). I just get the very basic troubleshooting steps, "reboot your PC", "Verify files", "Reinstall the game/uplay" and the more far fetching ones like "well maybe it's your headphone driver", "oh your windows is slightly outdated and not on the newest updated that released mabye it's that", "Oh the region your Uplay account is assigned too doesn't match the location you are currently in and even though this hasn't been an issue before maybe it is now"... Spoiler: None of it is the cause.

That my Anno logfiles say that I somehow got an Anno Devbuild (or atleast that is what uplay thinks it is), which shouldn't happen at all, is somehow completly ignored even though that perfectly explains why I get the error code in the launcher log that denuvo can't activate the product (I mean how could it, it's a Devbuild, obviously the Denuvo servers which are checking for verified release versions won't have any idea what to do with that and send out errors).

Well who knows, I was really looking forward to play Anno and the new DLC, especially to bridge the time until Watch Dogs Legion and AC Valhalla, but I highly doubt that this is getting fixed before those release and even worse, now I'm worried that the same thing will happen for those games too...

Sorry to hear about your journey of not getting it to work. I had to chuckle at the part where you said that Ubisoft claims it was a problem like "oh your windows is slightly outdated and not on the newest updated that released mabye it's that". Because honestly I am playing on Linux and haven't had any problems before taking that mentioned break. So we can't really have a problem which leads down to our operating system. So first I though well I am playing on Linux maybe they banned my account, but now after reading your post I am glad that they are the source of the problem. So let's wait.....

Originally Posted by Chibbie_710 Go to original post
    Sorry to hear about your journey of not getting it to work. I had to chuckle at the part where you said that Ubisoft claims it was a problem like "oh your windows is slightly outdated and not on the newest updated that released mabye it's that". Because honestly I am playing on Linux and haven't had any problems before taking that mentioned break. So we can't really have a problem which leads down to our operating system. So first I though well I am playing on Linux maybe they banned my account, but now after reading your post I am glad that they are the source of the problem. So let's wait.....
    For me it started working now.

The solution for me was to buy a different game (on a different launcher), play it until I got past the refund window and then as soon as that refund window passed Ano worked again

In all seriouness though, no idea why it now suddenly started working, there have been no patches, no updates from support (and also nothing on my PC was updated or changed). The only thing that support did was change my Account region to the country where I currently am (which did not work), then changed it back when I asked them to (which didn't work either) and then tol dme that they can't help anymore. Then a half day later it suddenly worked.

Well. That sounds pretty weird......I am hoping ubisoft does an announcement to clear that error.