[Oculus Quest 2] Mic drops out constantly and buttons often don't work at station

This game is so buggy right now its unplayable on the Quest 2. I'm playing with a group of guys who are using Quest 1. Everytime we get in a game with me as a captain I can hear them, but no one can hear me talking. If we make someone else captain and I'm helmsman/tatical/engineering, they can hear me but my console wont work. For example, if i'm helmsman the ship wont respond to my power/steering inputs. If I'm tactical, the shields won't go up, even though I can press the switch. They just never go up.

One time we actually got into a game where they could hear me as captain and everything worked, and then they stopped being able to hear me about 10 minutes into the mission. My mic on the quest 2 works fine, it works great in other games and in the oculus party system.

I several many other people with these exact issues on the Quest 2, it is a major problem right now. I'm a big fan of this game and really enjoyed it when I played on the Quest 1, but sadly its so broken it is unplayable for me right now. Please fix!
     2 people found this helpful

Same problem for me. Neither helm or tactical would work for me in multiplayer. Gave up and haven't tried the others.
     2 people found this helpful

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey folks,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Mic.

Another user on the forums discovered a workaround that may work for you.

Can you try the following?

"I start sounds on windows and then I start the game. When the game is running and I come to the mic check I switch to the desktop and "deactivate" the oculus virtual microphone. Then I stop cancel the mic check in-game. Then I start the mic check again. Then I switch again to desktop and "Activate" the oculus virtual microphone."

Yeah that isn’t going to help on Oculus Quest 2 as it isn’t running Windows. This is definitely a software bug causing the issue on the quest 2.
     3 people found this helpful

we are having the issue as well my buddys on a quest 2 and im on windows mixed reality. he stops being able to hear me after awhile the first time we finshed the game then went to another one and then I couldn't steer the ship eather. its like the bug followed the station that he was on.

This post is related to the gameplay on the Quest 2. Not windows.

Please update the game to work on the Quest 2, if you're not willing to - remove it from sale, you're willingly selling a faulty product, the plummeting review scores for Bridge Crew on the Quest Store should tell you enough...

Ubi-Borealis's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey there guys!

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering issues with the Oculus Quest 2.

We are currently trying to collect video footage showing these issues happening in-game, so we can pass them on for investigation. We're aware that some players are having trouble interacting with control panels, or being heard by other players within game. Videos demonstrating this happening in-game will be helpful as we investigate this further.

You can record video in-game by using the "share" function on the Oculus toolbar. Once you have recorded video, you can then transfer this to a PC by connecting your headset to your computer using a USB cable. This will allow you to upload the video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive.

Once you have uploaded footage, please can you send us a link? Thanks!

Chat and mic drop out occulus quest 2

Originally Posted by Ubi-Borealis Go to original post
    Hey there guys!

We are currently trying to collect video footage showing these issues happening in-game, so we can pass them on for investigation. We're aware that some players are having trouble interacting with control panels, or being heard by other players within game. Videos demonstrating this happening in-game will be helpful as we investigate this further.

You can record video in-game by using the "share" function on the Oculus toolbar. Once you have recorded video, you can then transfer this to a PC by connecting your headset to your computer using a USB cable. This will allow you to upload the video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive.

I'm having the same problem. Multiplayer is unplayable. No need for video of sound dropping out, trust us it does it. I will assume investigations will need to test it for themselves on a quest. If only your devs tried it rather than just porting the code.

Please fix. I purchased this game only for multiplayer which I am unable to play in it's current state.
     1 people found this helpful

Same on quest 1

The audio fails after 5 mins of play why cant I play with oculus party audio ????with friend but it refuses to give a microphone check on shuttle if in party audio so we must log in separately and use the ridiculous in game audio get these bugs ironed out please or give everyone their money back.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Borealis Go to original post
    Hey there guys!

Are you seriously not going to investigate this unless we do all of the investigation work for you? Where to I send my i-9 cause you are putting on payroll. Please elevate these issues to your superiors.
     1 people found this helpful