Breakpoints future? And honey badger

Will there be anymore content or are Ubi droping breakpoint?
    And the honey badger as an smg?? In what universe did you find that info?
     1 people found this helpful

Hugo-FOU's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by John_oder Go to original post
    Will there be anymore content or are Ubi droping breakpoint?
    And the honey badger as an smg?? In what universe did you find that info?
    Same universe where the MP7 is 9mm rather than 4.5mm.

UbiBlush's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey,

On what's next for the game, we will have more news before the end of the month.

As for Honey Badger as an SMG, I have passed on this feedback to the team.

Originally Posted by UbiBlush Go to original post
    Hey,

On what's next for the game, we will have more news before the end of the month.

As for Honey Badger as an SMG, I have passed on this feedback to the team.
    Could you pass this suggestion thread too to the dev team pls??!!: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...ntly-cosmetics!!

Ubiblush, thank you for the reply. Could you please also mention to the team to consider making the surpressor more realistic.
    It should increase damage and range and bullet velocity, since it makes the barrle of the gun longer.

Thank you again!

the reduction to the damage it is supposed to be for the balance reasons if you do more damage and have a silent gun then why should the people not use or use another suppressor??

All they need to do is to compensate with other barrle attachments so they make a bigger change to accuracy and handling. If handling is how much the gun kicks it should reduce that a lot. I don't see the point of sacrificeing realism for balancing reasons. I think the devs would have had a better idea if given enough time.

The new cod actually has more realistic suppressors. Some do less damage but others actually have ads time / mobility penalties instead. I think that approach would work better for a game aiming for immersion/realism.

Basically since suppressors are bulky and extend the barrel they should have penalties to mobility and ads.

I disagree with increased damage as I don't think the velocity increase is significant enough. Guns in breakpoint have an average of around 30-40 damage (not actual statistics, just an estimate). Increasing the damage by 1 would be a 3.3%-2.5% increase. That barely lines up with the average muzzle velocity increase for a suppressor (around 1.6%, but probably slightly lower depending on the caliber used).

Range you could argue but it's a roughly 1.6% velocity increase. Not that significant in the context of this game.

Overall adding additional buffs to suppressors is not the right approach, finding a different penalty is much better. Suppressors are already practically the only muzzle attachment I use so buffing it really makes no sense from a game design perspective. Sacrificing balance for realism makes certain attachments obsolete and makes the game overall less interesting. A well balanced game is always more engaging than a perfectly realistic game. And if you really want a perfectly realistic game go play tarkov. Even there you will find some concessions made to game balance (a fictional bullet, walking with fractured legs, etc) but it does keep much more aligned with true realism.

Also handling I'm pretty sure is how fast your character moves while aiming. Recoil is how much the gun kicks.