MikeWeeks's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Ageless93 Go to original post
    As far as I know, if it's anything like all other multi-stage missions, deselecting the mission while you played part of it doesn't reset it to its original starting point. The next time you start this mission, you start at the multi-stage part you were left at.
    This might well be the case.

Exactly

That is the problem. it keeps taking me back to outside the town and the timer running. When I do other missions I still hear the guy swearing saying we're to late so no matter where I go the mission is still going on without me there. Very frustrating! Looking at just deleting everything and starting over which I dont want to do

FCacGRdvWD's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't know if this has been said before but it is worth mentioning seeing as how frustrated you already are and I had to do this the first few times even after thinking how much of a fail I was not understanding how lazy the Devs had been while programming the mission.

OK, so what I did was get close to the truck, there is a building south of it that allows you to get to the roof, plant some Claymores on the steps and finally one before the door. Now, you kinda need to cheese it and you will fail a few more times so have a case of beer or Fruit punch near you (we don't want you dehydrating ). Personally I pay for shooters because I WANT to do the shooting but sometimes it is better to be a coward and survive than a hero and die and this is one of those times so, hide and keep on hiding, let the teammates shoot them up, let the rebels help you, have your sniper rifle or LMG ready for when the Helo appears so you can shoot it down or it will mow down your friends (and again, it will happen a few times).

Call rebels but not to close to the truck otherwise, the enemy gather nearby as well and it will shoot it down easier than if you call them a bit far away. Sorry but it has been months, and I mean MONTHS, since I played this mission because the only way to win it the first time is by luck, failing a few times and getting lucky or cheesing it like all the youtube videos have shown, which again, it goes to show how lazy the mission was prepared. In their defense, it probably took them about 3 minutes 37 seconds so they deserve a trophy and applauses because in the end, it appears it was a free content with all the good intentions and to show their appreciation to the consumers. ++

Anyways, once it starts to dwindle down, look out for snipers on the adjacent roofs, take care of them if you must or if the rebels don't, call for more support and even for those guys that help and back you up (since your teammates won't), call for mortars as well as many times as you can but again, far away from the truck. When it tell you that there is nothing he can do you better start to run down or even be at the door when it happens so you can run to the truck but don't rush, look and shoot, look and shoot, otherwise, a guy who has just spawn behind you will get you because they love for you to be immersed in the game and they throw this immersion bombs your way .

Open the tac map and check out the best path to take, IIRC it is going straight from where the truck is park, it swerves to the left all the way to the dirt road, there is an outhouse? and that's when you want to make your left and gun it, see that the ramp is below you and as soon as you hit the road crossing your path and the beginning of the ramp jump out and let the truck do its thing.

Good luck and remember, you will fail a few more times but as long as you know this, it will not frustrate you so much

I believe this will be your course of action if you can not reset the mission from the beginning, if you can, forget about this mumbo jumbo and choose the cheesy way that youtube videos have provided for you.

Originally Posted by Cinderdog22 Go to original post
    That is the problem. it keeps taking me back to outside the town and the timer running. When I do other missions I still hear the guy swearing saying we're to late so no matter where I go the mission is still going on without me there. Very frustrating! Looking at just deleting everything and starting over which I dont want to do
    Well, then that's settled, unfortunately.

I assume you can clear the area at the re-start, so it's a case as mentioned above by FC - you don't want to be the main target for round two. I know I got lucky a couple of times using the roof of the building that Kozak comes out from. Then move down to the ground floor near the end of the timer. You've got to be near the truck, ready to roll.

Another aspect you might not be aware of - if you have access to the SR-25 Jungle sniper rifle with its tactical scope - it's a one shot kill/destroy - ideal for the vehicles as you remove NPCs before they can engage. That rifle is from the Fallen Ghosts DLC and perhaps already included in whatever version of the game you acquired.

So when is it a good idea to start this mission? Way at the end when you've maxed out all possible side-missions and got loads of rebel support? Or doesn't it matter, just go at it when you can?
    I've finally managed to do the helicopter mission (by hanging back at the end of the canyon, the enemy helicopters don't spawn and the alert will die down), even though it was destroyed by a stray Unidad helicopter just moments after I landed it. Still got that mission done as successful, so now I can go do SNAFU, haven't done any part of it yet. Will look at the video Mike posted.

I'd recommend SNAFU when you've maxed health & rebel support for your character.

The video I posted was done when the mission was part of a weekly challenge, so the parameters are somewhat different. However there are plenty of videos showing what I mention next.

TBH, should I ever do SNAFU again, with a new charter slot, it's going to be cheesed - by bringing the NPC to the city, moving the truck, then the interrogation.

Lastly, do the mission when you've got plenty of time for your game session - in case you have a fail with getting that truck to the quarry
     1 people found this helpful

Okay, thanks. Will wait until next week then.

FCacGRdvWD's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah, the first part of the mission is fun, the next shows the lack of effort put forth by the studio and it needs to be cheesed out even though I don't recalled if I was able to just leave it and forget about it...

gunbladelad's Avatar Member
    The fact that the challenge often requires you to do the mission with a specific weapon - and will automatically fail when you knock out the Lieutenant (due to holding a different weapon in your hand automatically) means that when this challenge pops up, I don't even bother doing it now.

Mind you, I'm at the point now where the Prestige crates only give me store credit and I've already bought everything, so they're mostly used to buy supplies for weapon upgrades.

Originally Posted by gunbladelad Go to original post
    The fact that the challenge often requires you to do the mission with a specific weapon - and will automatically fail when you knock out the Lieutenant (due to holding a different weapon in your hand automatically) means that when this challenge pops up, I don't even bother doing it now.

Mind you, I'm at the point now where the Prestige crates only give me store credit and I've already bought everything, so they're mostly used to buy supplies for weapon upgrades.
    In fact this daily challenge is only done once in the six-week cycle, and requires a sniper rifle. It's my belief they changed the coding in SNAFU for the challenge only, so that it could not be cheesed. I say that because early on in the daily challenge cycles (in 2018), you didn't get a fail when knocking out the NPC.

I also don't do the mission when it pops up on the specific day - just not worth it. As likewise, just have no need.