AC Odyssey: Marcos Won't Talk To Me, and other glitches...

Just got this game yesterday (Gold Edition). Great graphics, looks like a great game, but right at the start I'm already having problems.
    First thing i noticed was the gold Quest Tracker icon is missing (all the Youtube videos I've seen show the icon onscreen to help you locate your target/destination/etc).
    Then in the first quest, "So It Goes", it tells you to find and talk to Marcos. When I find Marco, he just ignores me, and just talks with his friend. I've learned from videos and websites, that Marco is supposed to talk to you, and tell you where Phiobe is, and give you a horse. I got none of that, though after I found the "Ostraka" clue, it said I had completed the first mission anyway, and to go the burnt temple. I ran the Win 10 Compatibility checker on the game, and it suggested Windows 8 Mode, so did that and started the game over from the beginning. Same problems. Searched the net and Youtube for solutions, and only found one post mentioning the same problem, but no solutions. Can I even progress thru the game when these problems happen?
    Anybody else have this problem, or know of a fix for it? (I'm on PC, btw)

If I remember correctly, you have to use Icaros to spot Marcos on his vineyard to trigger the quest.

You'll say something like "There he is" and the gold quest icon will appear.

Originally Posted by MissM16 Go to original post
    If I remember correctly, you have to use Icaros to spot Marcos on his vineyard to trigger the quest.

You'll say something like "There he is" and the gold quest icon will appear.
    That's the thing. I did try using Ikaros several times, at different points in the game. He always found Marcos easily enough, but everytime I reached him, he ignored me. It wasn't until I reached level 3 that Marcos was available to me, and the gold target icon appeared. Since reaching level 3, no problems.
     1 people found this helpful

Ahh I see. You're probably right about level 3 being a prerequisite to trigger the quest as well.

I was so excited I ran around the island exploring before meeting Marcos so I was probably beyond level 3 by the time the game prompted me to use Icaros to spot him. lol

Glad you got it going! : D

Originally Posted by MissM16 Go to original post
    Ahh I see. You're probably right about level 3 being a prerequisite to trigger the quest as well.

I was so excited I ran around the island exploring before meeting Marcos so I was probably beyond level 3 by the time the game prompted me to use Icaros to spot him. lol

Glad you got it going! : D
    All the walkthrough videos and articles made me think it was a right-off-the-bat thing in level one, but it occured to me later that those gamers had already played enough previously to reach level 3 before making the level one walkthrough. Yeah, it is fun running around, exploring. It's one of my favorite AC games now.

UPDATE:
    Turns out Marco IS available right from the beginning, and my game was just glitching.
    Decided to start a new game, this time as Kassandra, and had no problem talking with Marco, and the gold Quest target prompt appeared immediately.