Ubi-WheelyDuck's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey there,

I have an update on this for you from the game team themselves.

Different 3D-model skins aren't supposed to be used with the new Trackmania. So only the standard car model in the game is supposed to be used, where players can make different skins for. Any models from previous Trackmania might work, like the videos show, but this isn't something we official support for the game.

I am sorry that this is not the news you wanted to hear but I do hope that this helps clear things up.

In every Version of Trackmania it was possible to use custom cars, this is indeed not good news.
    if there are new guidelines for cars, Nadeo devs could be so kind and tell the comunity what would be the name of the different parts - polycount, requirements in general. I am sure after some time someone will find the clues, but it could be much easier with help from the devs. Dont forget tthat this game always depended on the creativity of the comunity. so please dont lock that possibility for us.

As far as i know, to be able to create a custom 3d model you need to use the NadeoImporter (ManiaPlanet)
    But atm there is no NadeoImporter for TM2020. But im sure that it will be updated in the future to work with TM2020 but i dont know what we will be able to import with it.

i know, that is why i started the thread , but the answer is: "Different 3D-model skins aren't supposed to be used with the new Trackmania. So only the standard car model in the game is supposed to be used"

it is possible to use custom 3d car model and it is skin able

the only problem is to get a custom 3d modell in to the game. bc the nadeoimporter is not uptodate yet