Industrialists and Japan

Hello! First post here - long time Anno player. I've been spending most of my quarantine playing Anno 1800 and I love it so much! Two things that I wish would come with a season III (if there is one).

The "Industrialist" residential tier.
    Industrialists live in large stately townhouses, one house per lot. Each home is the official residence of 10 industrialists - who have moved to your city for financial prosperity. What do they do? I think a certain amount of industrialists unlock free factories that we can buy directly from on our islands - instead of having to manage and finance an entire supply chain. They import everything they need to produce goods, they run the factories, and we buy the finished goods (lightbulbs, fur coats, sewing machines, glasses, etc.). Maybe 10 industrialists are needed to finance an artisan workshop, 20 needed for engineer tier factories, 30 for investor tier factories, etc. What do they need? Champaign, automobiles, jewelry, coal (to heat their homes), etc. What does this have to do with Japan? Industrialists bought literal tons of tea, fabric, and art to fill their sprawling estates and impress their wealthy guests.

Japan.
    Japan underwent a huge transition in the 19th century - introducing steam ships, trains, electricity, etc. Japanese society would have two classes - farmers and craftspeople. Farmers need rice, fish, cotton kimono, an inn, a shrine etc. Craftspeople need silk kimono, rice, fish, teahouses (that generates geisha/maiko pedestrians), electricity, a temple, a school, swords, etc.).

How can Japan and the Old World be codependent?
    Japan needs farming equipment, concrete, etc. that can only be produced in the Old World. The Old World industrialists need Japanese art, tea, silks, etc. - none of which can be manufactured outside Japan.

Two more thoughts - Industrialists need department stores, and they come with a monument with their residential tier - the grand theater

I must say the Japanese theme, or Asian in general, would be really interesting. I don't think Ubi would bring that though, I think Anno 1800 development is at the end

I have to agree with you on that. But I'd like to tell Ubi that Anno series have a large player community in China. It's absolutely worth considering to make an Asian DLC, on Southeast Asia islands perhaps, where people of multiple nationalities live together. If so, the DLC would definitely be a hit in, at least, in China.

Originally Posted by StMaine Go to original post
    I have to agree with you on that. But I'd like to tell Ubi that Anno series have a large player community in China. It's absolutely worth considering to make an Asian DLC, on Southeast Asia islands perhaps, where people of multiple nationalities live together. If so, the DLC would definitely be a hit in, at least, in China.
    That's a really great point, the entire East/Southeast Asian region had an amazingly rich and diverse culture during the 1800's. Either China, Japan, or Southeast Asia would be an excellent addition and I'd be happy to play any of them!

Originally Posted by connor.dunwoody Go to original post
    That's a really great point, the entire East/Southeast Asian region had an amazingly rich and diverse culture during the 1800's. Either China, Japan, or Southeast Asia would be an excellent addition and I'd be happy to play any of them!
    So try to recreate pre-WW2 Manila (capital of the Philipines, hope I'm spelling it right)? That would be a sight to behold.