Locopells's Avatar Moderator
    It's perfectly possibly to do them on your own, although some may take a little practise (The Tournament in particular).

I think there may be an achievement for do any one mission in co-op, but beyond that you can get all the mission rewards on your own.

For guard swarms, make good use of the ol' standbye - smoke bombs!

Offline vs Online doesn't really make a difference these days. We're a long way from ACII's now-removed 'Must Be Online To Play' DRM, so the only thing you may miss is the odd social feature, or store access in the later games. Multiplayer is a different matter, obviously, but I get the impression that's not your thing.

I haven't played either for some time - Co-Op I can rarely get a pairing and the earlier MP aren't that populated either. Black Flag's might still be active, as the last one, and they've all got dedicated fans somewhere, if you can find them, so you may get lucky! Toxicity was, in my experience, a lot less than other MP games, partially because it was a whole different style of play to the 'run around and shoot everything' style that marks most MPs...

As far as I know, Discord's OK - you can use the browser version if you're unsure about installing it again, although I don't know if it's possible to host games that way.

I'm not sure what servers Ubi are using for the AC MPs, though I would assume it's still their own, I've never heard otherwise.

ACMP had a fairly unique approach to MP games at the time - the stealth. Running around like a COD game would just get you killed, so tended to put off the toxic end of that community (possibly an age thing, who knows?). You'd still get idiots of course, but it was far less common.

Glad it's working out. You should still get the skill points if you play offline, FYI - keep an eye out for skill point collectable within the co-op missions as well (in addition to the mission rewards), they can boost you quite a lot.

They're usually hidden quite well, off the main mission path - you may want to find a map.

Huh, not had that one...