Skill builds and weather

Any chance we could get weather toned down on skill builds?

The weather effects are awesome, but sometimes you just want to play and effectively nullifiing my skill build mid open world just makes me log off.

That cant be the desired effect.
     1 people found this helpful

with no trafic air or ground the earths ecosystem is finally reverting to it's natural order (which at this point should be a ice age) so you would expect a little (or a lot) of adverse weather

I usually snipe from mid to long range. When there is a lot of rain or dust or even a sandstorm (?) I switch to another build. I actually like that I think. It forces you to adapt, mix things up a bit, brings in some sort of variety into what you might otherwise expect to be yet another cheesy-easy heroic mission run.
     1 people found this helpful

Someone made a topic asking for weather to become an open area directive. I'd love that. I love the challenge the storm and fog bring!

its not a challenge tho is it? With a red it would just be an easy win

But sure, a directive could work for me, i wouid settle for 25% less xp instead of being neutered

Metal_Greg's Avatar Member
    This "mechanic?" hurts the overall experience. I mean, i guess it's kinda realistic but all it does is force players to not use skills which for many players is there preferred play-style. I love the rain in this game and I want to be able to play the way I like when it's raining.

if this is an actual mechanic not a bug, there should be something in the game to explain how this mechanic works so that players don't just think its a bug. also, the NPCs should be hindered by rain as well.

How does it prevent you from using skills?

Mini-rollers still seek enemies in the sandstorm. It's actually one of the best ways to locate enemies.
    The pulse helps you locate enemies too.

Metal_Greg's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by FledMagician Go to original post
    How does it prevent you from using skills?

Mini-rollers still seek enemies in the sandstorm. It's actually one of the best ways to locate enemies.
    The pulse helps you locate enemies too.
    it's only a problem with the turret and drone.

Noxious81's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Sharec Go to original post
    Any chance we could get weather toned down on skill builds? (...)
    Originally Posted by Metal_Greg Go to original post
    it's only a problem with the turret and drone.
    Oh the effects of weather on skill builds should be toned down? Or rather only on the AFK-drone/turret-build? Why? The weather also makes it harder to see for enemies and for agents actually using a gun. So there really is no valid reason to tone weather down for only the #1-beginners-build – especially...

Originally Posted by Sharec Go to original post
    (...) That cant be the desired effect.
    ...as this is indeed is the desired effect. Bad weather is meant to be bad. It makes conditions considerably worse during a firefight and it effects the vision of agents, enemies, and optically guided skills.

How would you tone down weather for a single build anyway? And the claim that it effects skill builds more than gun builds is just silly, given that skills have several options to just ignore poor visibly and auto-target enemies anyway.

Try slotting different skills.