TheLittleFarmer's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by iuki. Go to original post
    B/c the other players suck.
    An all red gun build played by a decent player should absolutely demolish a skill build in raw damage no contest.

lol.
    sarcasm ON:

Yes. They all bad.. right? They were bad on ps4 and now bad on pc. What can we do?

sarcasm OFF:

V4MPiR1's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Cadillac-Jack Go to original post
    Not here don't have the sniper accuracy or the extra damage people are saying.

What i do have is the mad Usain Bolt speedsters, they seem to be quicker.
    LOL. When the patch dropped, I was on the mingun at a Control Point. I was expecting the Benny Hill theme music to kick in...

Riflemania's Avatar Senior Member
    What i find funny is if i use my skill build 90% of the enemies stay out of cover, If i use my rifle build 75% of the enemies stay in cover and hip fire and are very very accurate....very smart move.....but damm it's annoying

I agree with the OP that the accuracy has changed. Here are some of the things I've encountered pretty often since the patch dropped. This is on Xbox one btw.

In Jefferson Trade Center when you take cover behind the first SUV outside the door to the large parking garage. Several times I've been instantly killed by an NPC who somehow laced a round through the window? the gap under the car? off a pipe? All the way from the back of the room. I didn't even know who killed me until I looked at the death cam thing and saw their outline way in the back.

Many times NPCs are already firing at me before I even open a door or cross a threshold (morgue in Tombs, tons of rooms in the summit, gun room DUA, etc..). They just seem to know I am there, when they didn't before.

Red bar NPCs are stripping my 1.9 million armor like it was tissue paper where they couldn't before. Several times I've stared in disbelief that a red bar assault NPC wiped out my 5.19 mil shield and my 1.9 mil armor in seconds; though I chalk that up to possible server issues. However, I am being hit from blocks away by pistols or shotguns that are being held sideways as if they were standing next to me.

Riker heavy nail gunners are one shotting my 5.19 million armor shield, but oddly not one shotting me with only 1.9 mil armor. This is very consistent, one nail and it's gone.

NPC electronics such as mini-tanks are ridiculous at the moment as they are ungodly accurate, super fast, have a ton of health, some how able to shrug off emp/jammer attacks to keep shooting, get instantly repaired by controllers, do a ton of damage, and like to spam grenades. The change has been greatly noticed on legendary.

Throwers are always spamming 3 nades at once and occasionally spamming non-stop grenades which make my screen look like someone is carpet bombing the place. Due to the optimal range and accuracy of the NPCs their damage feels way more intense than it should as each nade pops you out of cover and when they spam (especially non-stop) it's just insta-death.

The NPCs are all omnipotent. Getting grenade kills is damn near impossible, they see bullets coming and dodge them, they "know" way more than they should. This got better with TU10, but it's gone now.

The NPCs are back to either running right passed me to get behind me, running far left and right to get behind me, just face tanking me regardless of type, or running 5 miles away and hiding. It's like they rarely take normal cover positions anymore. Too many times they just go out of their way to get a melee hit in (which does about a million damage for some reason) by passing several cover positions. They aren't even rushers, I have snipers run from the back with the rest of the group, right up to me in order to punch me. I'd just like a little consistency. The challenge shouldn't come from trying to down bullet sponge enemies before I reload and the melee me to death; this isn't a zombie game. This behavior isn't challenging, it's just annoying.

Heavy flamers, and heavy BT stinger hives are back to long range they had at WONY's release. Definitely feel this in the Summit.

NPCs are back to being lightning fast. I've said this before, but elite BT medics are able to walk backwards while shooting faster than I can run to them. On that note, BT medics (this is just a general complaint) do way too much damage, take way too much damage, can emp your skills, can send off a health deplete grenade, have two-instant revives (drone and them) which they use without cooldown and apparently without the need to stop moving, and now they are extremely fast. Massive, the NPC needs to pick a job. If it has the power to instantly revive people, it shouldn't also hit like a train, be resistant like a tank, cover all support roles, and move like the roadrunner.

This TU's NPC roll backs have really reduced the fun of the game for me. I love the game to be difficult, it's why I play at the level I do (heroic and legendary). But this just seems like a bug. It's not fun to get shredded by an NPC you can't see or be hit through cover or any of the various other issues I've listed. I get that some people don't experience this, mainly Tokyo YT and Cadillac-Jack; (I wish my game was as stable as yours seems to be judging by all the threads you two are in), but I am definitely experiencing this. I currently have 1212 hours into the game, it's enough time to know when something isn't acting the way it was just a few weeks ago. It may be a bug, or it may be old code, whatever it is, it's annoying (and inconsistent).
     1 people found this helpful

Cadillac-Jack's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Dvolsung Go to original post
    This TU's NPC roll backs have really reduced the fun of the game for me. I love the game to be difficult, it's why I play at the level I do (heroic and legendary). But this just seems like a bug. It's not fun to get shredded by an NPC you can't see or be hit through cover or any of the various other issues I've listed. I get that some people don't experience this, mainly Tokyo YT and Cadillac-Jack; (I wish my game was as stable as yours seems to be judging by all the threads you two are in), but I am definitely experiencing this. I currently have 1212 hours into the game, it's enough time to know when something isn't acting the way it was just a few weeks ago. It may be a bug, or it may be old code, whatever it is, it's annoying (and inconsistent).
    I'd like to say considering you put my name in here.

I get people are having trouble i'm not trying to diss anyone or call people liars (never have) all i'm doing is putting my perspective here as i only play Heroic, because sometimes people get passive agressive when i say i'm not having any trouble.

I'm going to put up 3 or 4 clips since the TU11 update on Heroic.

Accuracy a Sniper Dog missing me when i'm stood up.(at the 8 second mark) the dog totally misses me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk8AvCP5nds

Damage An RPG hitting me in the face when i have less than 878K Armour (Especially this one i have half health)By rights i should be dead (judging by people saying they get one shot from a shotgun 2 blocks away and from behind cover)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd7i6Yt_LMA

My shield build taking an absolute Beating (it's only 14.7 million Armour/Health) and an RPG full on.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z94fQrBkWd8 (RPG)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_YiH5RHOms (Black Tusk heavy minigunner)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO_RcgSKF5A&t=274s (this one is a bit long 6 mins) you can flick through it, but you'll get the idea how much of a beating it can take.

Oh! and Bonus clips NPC's acting funny and running fast
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUEZtBkjE78
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SItG7WajkGI

PS: May i ask you what talents you are running on you 19 million shield build. (if you don't want to say ) no problem.

PPS: last thing i put part of your post in Bold because thats what i think is going on Inconsistencies from region to region and player to player (i don't think the game/game engine and servers are a flat universal consitency.

Some people could suffer from desync... i had it a lot on ps4 even tho i have fiber optic at home with a ping of 2. But i don't have it on pc. Connection is pretty sharp. Also, like i said.. skills players takes less dmg from npc's since TU9.. that's doesn't mean i never die 😅

I agree here, overall the NPCs are “better” in the last 1-2 weeks. I’ve played on heroic 2-4 directives for a long time now. SHD1502 and mostly run DPS with some blue/regen for some survivability (I leave the skill/skill hybrids for legendary as I enjoy shooting, period). I say all of this to back up the claim that something does feel different in the many hours.

I can still farm without problems etc - So honestly it doesn’t really change anything, nor do I think it breaks the game at all - but the damage is certainly higher (whether that’s raw damage or accuracy). They also do have a slightly higher reaction/speed (the famous I’m about to roll, sike I’m not is beyond instantaneous now; the sitting in cover to standing/shooting/strafing, again beyond instantaneous; etc.)

But yea - my shield gets shredded quicker lately, my 1.3 million armor goes poof quicker. I play very stick and move, pop the shield quickly when needed, and only use defensive skills. I do this to make sure I can shoot and kill like a champ vs leverage skills/distractions (taking attn off me) - mostly to get better with every session no matter what. It helps when you go into conflict/DZ for sure.

But yea - in summary - I’m in agreement. NPCs seem “buffed” but I don’t agree it makes anything unplayable.

Riflemania's Avatar Senior Member
    The only enemies i think that are OP and have been for a long time are:

• Mini tank and his continuous nades....(does it ever run out of them)
    • War hound and his fast shooting mini gun....(that thing is on steroids)
    • Enemies with their SMG's, mainly hyena's.... (they tear armor like tissue)

My shield is only 5.19 and armor is 1.9. That's buffed with memento and chest is intimidate and technician spec. I run a blue core HF with 59.7% chc and 115% chd (people seem to have issue with keeping up intimidate, but i don't have an issue unless I'm playing with 4 people, then I go to another build). Fully buffed in heroic missions and legendary summit I run around on god mode pretty much until one of them shoots me through cover or randomly shreds me. In my clan we literally call it the "massive thinks you're doing to well, so die" mechanic.

I run the content just fine, all the other things I mentioned are just annoyances that add nothing but frustration and definitely feel different than the way they were. My internet is 1100mbps hardwired, I don't seem to have connection issues, so I think the issues have to be a bug or a server problem, it would explain why it happens some times and other times it doesnt.

As for mentioning you directly, your name appears in all these threads almost without fail stating the opposite of what everyone else is saying. I'm legitimately envious of your game's stability. I actually mean that as this game has been one of the most inconsistent buggy games I've ever played on a console and I've been gaming for a little over 30 years now. So I'd kill for a stable experience that doesn't make me want to uninstall the game at times lol.

Originally Posted by Dvolsung Go to original post
    As for mentioning you directly, your name appears in all these threads almost without fail stating the opposite of what everyone else is saying. I'm legitimately envious of your game's stability. I actually mean that as this game has been one of the most inconsistent buggy games I've ever played on a console and I've been gaming for a little over 30 years now. So I'd kill for a stable experience that doesn't make me want to uninstall the game at times lol.
    Ha my bad i thought it said your shield is 19 million (Derp on my part) i thought you were talking about a Tank shield build.

As for the other it's no worry i only comment because i don't see what others do or problems they have.

Now that's not to say i don't experience glitches and bugs, because i do and have reported and done clips of them, and i do die in this game i'm not some god perfect player that steam rolls content with a perfectly working game, far from it.

I mean the perfect example is that RPG clip, me getting hit on heroic at half health and still surviving (that technically shouldn't happen.) but it did.

PS: As iv'e said i think this game is not stable region to region and player to player so everyone is going to have differing experiences.

Sircowdog1's Avatar Senior Member
    I mean the perfect example is that RPG clip, me getting hit on heroic at half health and still surviving (that technically shouldn't happen.) but it did.
    I could have swore I read this once, but I could be wrong.

Isn't there a hidden mechanic that prevents players from being one-shot by massive single hits every so often? Like every 120 seconds or something like that?

Originally Posted by Sircowdog1 Go to original post

Isn't there a hidden mechanic that prevents players from being one-shot by massive single hits every so often? Like every 120 seconds or something like that?
    I often ask myself... "how i didn't die"

Not sure and what constitutes large/massive hits, because that clip of me getting hit and at half health is straight after getting hit from the same RPG guy (my half health in that clip is down to a previous RPG hit.) so that was 2 RPG hits less than 30 seconds apart.

I still have the full clip with both RPG's hitting 30 seconds apart.

Talking of large/massive hits Do Grenades come into the same category as RPG hits? because i get hit from them on occasions at 726K health and don't die in one either. (Now 2 will kill me) and they do.

This was my first time in summit, no idea how it looked... for more than 1 minute, I played without armor...

Originally Posted by TOKYO_ROGUE_YT Go to original post
    This was my first time in summit, no idea how it looked... for more than 1 minute, I played without armor...

Ive noticed this many times in the summit too.

Also @Sircowdog1 - Give this a read -

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...rotection_you/

It explains the situation.
    In it he says that it doesnt come back, but as Tokyo says he played for quite a while with no arour and I have managed that too, it seemed like my health would regenerate and then I would take another hit and expect to die but would be left with a slither of health instead.

It used to be that enemies had a pretty large spread to their fire. But I don't know what changed in the last patch, but shield Hyenas are now super-snipers again. Redbar normal assault guys are snipers. Grenade launcher guys are back to being super-snipers with perfect accuracy. They used to miss every now and then. FFS, Everyone is a god damned sniper.

Massive...I don't know what kind of drugs you guys are on in your Covid quarantine, but can you share? Because I'm real tired of the raw inconsistency EVERY patch.
    Thank you for creating this post. I've been trying to say the same thing as you and enemies are stripping your armour like mad too even if you are in cover. Their accuracy... is... unreal.

Originally Posted by T0NY.HAYABUSA Go to original post
    Tell me about it. I also feel like my 1.2 million armor gets eaten up rather quickly. I might as well have 720k armor.
    At least the enemies are not the Elite Drones from Gears 5...

Originally Posted by Brando_0070 Go to original post
    Ive noticed this many times in the summit too.
    Also @Sircowdog1 - Give this a read -

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...rotection_you/

It explains the situation.
    In it he says that it doesnt come back, but as Tokyo says he played for quite a while with no arour and I have managed that too, it seemed like my health would regenerate and then I would take another hit and expect to die but would be left with a slither of health instead.

I think we all know it's there. I was hoping to find something official about it.

It's definitely a case of players figuring out the mechanics of the game through observed behavior rather than direct statements from the devs.

Edgemoor's Avatar Senior Member
    One thing I have noticed is that the NPC's are firing continously (no reloads or pausing) at the same target. It also seems to take a lot longer for them to react to turrets and drones, they'll still shoot but they won't try to dodge or avoid them. They just stand there focus firing without reloading.

Once their AI kicks in and they start trying to dodge and move away from threats the fight becomes less like fighting robots.

For the love of god
    Stop referring to npc as AI, they are BOTs nothing more

Immersive
    Dumping several mags into npc to get it to drop, zero reaction to being hit until it fell over dead

The damage model should Be same for player and npc, it’s not even close

Ubi uses every cheap trick to provide increase in difficulty, faster bullet sponges are lame period

Shooting an elite who acts like it was a wet noodle, promptly takes off like an Olympic sprinter
    I measured this as best I could, npc covered 90ft in just over 2secs. That’s crazy fast but we already knew that

Instead of smarter npc ubi went the way they always have
    Increase damage, increase armor, increase speed, decrease same attributes for player

There is nothing immersive about game
     2 people found this helpful

And now I'm experiencing the problem with death from fire somehow disabling the revive hive.

All I want is a stable, consistent game that doesn't change the rules every couple days. Why is that such a hard thing for Massive to accomplish?

And now I'm experiencing the problem with death from fire somehow disabling the revive hive.

All I want is a stable, consistent game that doesn't change the rules every couple days. Why is that such a hard thing for Massive to accomplish?
    I would bet it's Ubisofts cheap a-s-s servers as well.

Since the TU11 update iv'e been fine , but tonight there seems to be twice as many NPC's in the LZ (mostly True Sons and they are chasing me all over the place.

Iv's died about 6 times in the last hour, bsince the update till today iv'e died twice out in the LZ (on Heroic)

And now iv'e got the Error Shield cant be changed because it's active or on cooldown (when it's not being used or has been used)so i cant change it.(been like it for 15 mins, looks like a log out n back in.

I would bet it's Ubisofts cheap a-s-s servers as well.

Since the TU11 update iv'e been fine , but tonight there seems to be twice as many NPC's in the LZ (mostly True Sons and they are chasing me all over the place.

Iv's died about 6 times in the last hour, bsince the update till today iv'e died twice out in the LZ (on Heroic)

And now iv'e got the Error Shield cant be changed because it's active or on cooldown (when it's not being used or has been used)so i cant change it.(been like it for 15 mins, looks like a log out n back in.
    Yeah there seems to be NPC's all over the place. And that shield bug is really annoying.

This may be old news, but there is a work around for the shield bug ....

The shield bug seems to be caused by the shield max health being set below what it actually is. This happens in the BoO for me, usually at the shooting range. Because the shield isn't max health it constantly tries to regenerate and so is always on CD. If you go out into the open world it usually fixes it.

Funny thing is, its out in the open world, is where it happened,.

PS: it's cleared up now by itself.

As for the NPC's, yep there are loads around more than usual.

Originally Posted by T0NY.HAYABUSA Go to original post
    Tell me about it. I also feel like my 1.2 million armor gets eaten up rather quickly. I might as well have 720k armor.
    Ive 1.5 million armor and they bullets from enemies melt it like butter.. It makes no sense even with my shd level at 225 with an extra 6.000 health im being eating alive.. Ive unbreakable as a talent but thats a 60 second cool down.. I went down more times on the summit then Monica Lewinsky did on john f Kennedy.

Originally Posted by CelticRover Go to original post
    Ive 1.5 million armor and they bullets from enemies melt it like butter.. It makes no sense even with my shd level at 225 with an extra 6.000 health im being eating alive.. Ive unbreakable as a talent but thats a 60 second cool down.. I went down more times on the summit then Monica Lewinsky did on john f Kennedy.
    So, zero?

Armor has always melted like butter in TD2, the only reason to use it, is to boost Shield Tier when using perks that share BA [Bulwark Shield = Tank].

It's unfortunate.. each Armor Core should be at minimum doubled, but come with a movement speed penalty.

As best I can tell, Armor was tuned specifically for DZ, then ported over to PvE. If you make a grid matrix, a full DPS build and full Tank build produce identical TTKs in a faceoff. So double the Armor in PvE, then halve it for PvP with a modifier [and halve the movement penalty too].

darkzone.RO's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by CelticRover Go to original post
    I went down more times on the summit then than Monica Lewinsky did on john f Kennedy Bill Clinton.
    JFK had an affair with Marilyn Monroe (among other women). Way back in time, in the sixties. Just for the historical correctness.

LZ Zone

Even on the drone bombardement..... holly smoke! Rouges have no cool down!!!

Sniper Turret for rouges. No cool down as well?

Originally Posted by lair360 Go to original post
    LZ Zone

Even on the drone bombardement..... holly smoke! Rouges have no cool down!!!

Sniper Turret for rouges. No cool down as well?
    Yeah someone didn't really get why everyone loved The Hunters in The Division so much. It was because they were fully specced skill build, DPS build, tank build, healer build and insta heal med kits that break all the rules for med kits. And that throw range ....

But then the NPC's seem to have been equipped with ICBMS recently. Was capturing a CP and a hyena with grenade launcher was quite a long way off. That didn't bother her, because she had the acme ICBM grenade launcher! WHOOSH!

Did an open world boss yesterday. I approached from the rear and released a seeker. None of the NPC's were aware and it devastated them, as they were nicely packed. The boss lost just about all their armor. Did that stagger them? Or did they run for cover. Nope they instantly turned around and threw a grenade with olympic pin point precision.

Set my my drone on the boss, who just ignored it and started strolling towards me firing. Virtually zero armour left.

I think the devs have been tweaking the AI and specs for the NPC's recently and trying stuff out.

THE_Crazy_Hyena's Avatar Member

Spaghetti coding is the term you are looking for.. Fix something, and 10 more things break

They (ubi) have maybe ten, fifteen people testing; once released 100.000 players test. Who finds issues faster you think?

UbiBlush's Avatar Community Representative
    Thank you all for sharing your experience with the AI and the feedback on the current aggressiveness of it. I will raise this with the team.

Originally Posted by k3z4 Go to original post
    They (ubi) have maybe te, fifteen people testing; once released 100.000 players test. Who finds issues faster you think?
    Really? In this case those 15 people were paid for nothing given they are starting to work at the game ~3 years before launch.

Originally Posted by UbiBlush Go to original post
    Thank you all for sharing your experience with the AI and the feedback on the current aggressiveness of it. I will raise this with the team.
    Can you do me a favour or pass something on.

Please DO NOT just flat nerf all the AI/NPC's.

There is more to it than just the damage they give out (which i don't find too bad) on Heroic or their full aggression.(it's not all NPC's.

It's the inconsistencies, like one NPC will just run and run into other area's and i mean blocks away , or some will just come at you without care whilst tanking everything you have, Some have a weird Usain Bolt speed burst or just be too quick (with a controller on console) thats tricky to keep up with. some will just sit and won't move (longest iv'e timed it at is 5 minutes)

Some will move before or at the time you throw a grenade,when you get it out to throw (it's as they knew it was coming)

Then you have the Wonky NPC's iv'e recorded stuff a while ago and it's happening again I'll put an example or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SItG7WajkGI (this one is almost representative of the speed some of the normal/Elite NPC's run at)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUEZtBkjE78

So Please don't just flat nerf all NPC's into nothing (thats not needed)

I disagree, these new features were not developed three years ago. They had less time to test. This just how development works in this phase of the product.

Well, no, there are no "new" features. Maybe new to us, but they knew about them from the beginning of development. Every game out there has a timeline with very specific moments in time, when "new" features are introduced. The first game started developing in 2013 and the final product was released in 2016, although it was full of bugs and problems from day one. Same for this game, they started to develop it in 2016 and in 2019, when it was released, it was in a worse condition than the first one, despite the experience gained in the meantime. Now, with those "new" features, the game is in a worse state than the launch day, no doubt proving that the test team is doing nothing. Q.E.D.

Originally Posted by UbiBlush Go to original post
    and ask them to add the Legendary Directive to the control points

The AI accuracy is way too much, this is noticeable in Legendary Summit, White tusk where you can damaged even not on their line of sight, also the tank hive can shoot through walls. Its already a obvious scenario that massive never play tested everything at all. I mean come on? A good example is how badly The summit was designed and the AI's, One handed hyena 100% accuracy even in cover, White tusk grenade launcher 100% accuracy at any angle it doesn't make sense on how they test AI on the game.

If they can test everything on Legendary with all directives and see how it goes, pretty sure they will just say "nothing is wrong here". Oh and forgot to mention as well in legendary a sniper can shoot three times in just a second 100% accuracy.

So Please don't just flat nerf all NPC's into nothing (thats not needed)
    Except to maybe Legendary NPCs. Give them speed and AI aggression, but pull back from the insane damage and sponge.

Originally Posted by Imagine_Brata Go to original post
    and ask them to add the Legendary Directive to the control points
    Legendary CPs would be AMAZING!