Thoughts so far - Trilogy missed opportunity

As someone that has played all the games upon each release, I am super excited for this remake. Just this past week I replayed Sands, warrior within, forgotten sands and two thrones to really get in the PoP mood and give myself a refresher of the series.

I want to start by praising Ubisoft for giving the development of this game to a studio that can create something culturally appropriate. Watching the Ubisoft forward video of the creative lead passionately discussing an Indian team brining their cultural experience to the design, filled me with confidence in this project.

I do think indeed they committed a cardinal sin and unveiled this project too early and using alpha footage. I, like most people, did find that trailer both exciting and underwhelming. However I took comfort knowing that it was an alpha build, there is still 4 months from the announcement until release and the developers have acknowledged the criticism. I think too much of the criticism is based heavily on a trailer that was already outdated when they released it.

I remain completely open to seeing a new trailer closer to release date, because of my love for this series, I will remain optimistic.

I did want to comment on what I think was a missed opportunity. The Sands of Time Trilogy.
    I think Ubisoft is cautious and wanted to gauge interest in the series so they started with SoT. However a part of me wished they remade the trilogy as a complete package.

A trilogy remade by one studio, consistent in its approach and design, Yuri voicing the prince for all 3 games for example.

Warrior Within is one of my all time favourite games. But after replaying it recently I realised something. I love WoW as a stand alone game, but I don't like it as part of the Sands of Time Trilogy.
    I would be completely open to WoW being remade with designs and concepts more consistent with SoT and TT. Whilst playing I do miss the more fantasy elements, I miss playing a prince that's actually likeable and has charisma.

Anyway that's my two cents worth so far. I look forward to seeing more of the Remake to really pique our interest.

Love to get anyone else's thoughts.
     1 people found this helpful

I am excited that PoP is getting some much needed attention. I'd love to see all the PoP games remade with consistent graphics, game-play, voice actors, etc. And, someday, a next gen sequel. Frankly, this - and the upcoming releases of Valhalla and Watch Dogs 3 are causing me to consider Uplay Plus.

Warrior Within is one of my all time favourite games. But after replaying it recently I realised something. I love WoW as a stand alone game, but I don't like it as part of the Sands of Time Trilogy download here. I would be completely open to WoW being remade with designs and concepts more consistent with SoT and TT. Whilst playing I do miss the more fantasy elements, I miss playing a prince that's actually likeable and has charisma.

WoW..

Do you mean World of Warcraft?

Prince of Persia Warrior Within, remade in the style of the original, staying true to it as much as possible while making it something refreshing.
    New levels, new music, perhaps remixes or use of the old WW Soundtracks, to atleast have 3 or 5 tracks from the old warrior within game would be awesome and a must to have.

If we change Warrior Within, i fear how many have mistaken the fact that it could be better than what we saw.
    If it got revisioned.

I would like to ask the original development team behind Warrior Within to make this Remake if they can, cause they know the concept of Warrior Within the best.

It would be awesome to be starting at Babylon first, getting chased by the Dahaka around for the first time. I always wondered how the prince
    felt like when he came across him for the first time. Perhaps that we play the opening scene of the original WW cutscene.

That would be awesome!