The Kard does NOT gives you +1 skill tier as it should

I got my hands on the new named pistol TDI "Kard" Custom during my runs, and was intrigued by how it would give you +1 skill tier. Which is about the same with the Technician Specialization bonus, that also gives you +1 Skill tier.

What I mean by that is, since we can't have overcharged activated as much as we like, most players(skill build players) would want to lean on that extra skill tier, say if you have 5 skill tiers and a blue or red attributes in your skill build, you will take the extra from Technician or the Kard to get yourself to skill tier 6. But the Kard is not working as intended.

https://ibb.co/JFsDmKG
    https://ibb.co/Ws5PZ1c
    https://ibb.co/HzxcBtQ

As the pics shown above, you can see that I have the Kard equipped and 5 skill tiers and a blue Belstone Backpack, as the Kard should have given me an extra and raise me to skill tier 6, in the "Stats" in my inventory, it wasn't even counted as one on the list.

Just to clarify, I am using a Cluster Seeker Mine + Sniper Turret build, if I have my build the way without Kard or the Belstone Backpack, I would have about 290k of damage for the seekers, and 277k for the sniper Turret.

With the Kard and on the Stats sheet at skill tier 5, it doesn Not do as much as damage without the Kard.

Please have a look into it and thank you for reading this, stay safe out there.
     1 people found this helpful

I have this problem too. If I switch weapons it will give me the pistol skill tier for a short time, but it disappears at some point. Major bug.

You have to have the pistol in your hand to get the skill tier. Seems to be intended design.

Originally Posted by Simba501 Go to original post
    You have to have the pistol in your hand to get the skill tier. Seems to be intended design.
    Oh trust me buddy, I've tried all the additional tests I need in the range, but it just does NOT give you that +1 Skill Tier. And if you HAVE TO have it in your hands to work, it should've been some sort of explanation in the description or how they advertise the new weapon, in fact it's misleading.

I will upload a video later today since I have noticed this issue being reported before

Update:

Just tested in the range again to make sure I did not get it wrong, so you do get +1 Skill Tier when actually having the gun in hand, but do you expect us to play pistol gun-fu for higher difficulty? I wonder how "well" it works out.

I don't think any videos would offer help with this issue and it is really not an issue, but I would expect that pistol to actually boosts us like the Technician Specialization. Have a nice day, and stay safe.

TDI "Kard" Custom High-End Pistol

This pistol comes with a bonus skill tier, however the game doesn't always register the extra skill tier. You have to unequip the pistol & equip another weapon then re-equip the Kard pistol in order for it to work as intended.

Anytime the screen refreshes from an activity such as fast travels, cut screens, loading screens etc. you lose the bonus skills tier and have to start all over again. Please fix this

+1 on that. For me the extra skill tier is only active when the gun is used (ie, the skill tier is gone if you switch weapons). Maybe that's the idea but hard to get when +1 still tier means exactly that with all other gear.

I would like to formally request that the "have it in hand" aspect be removed. If you have to have it in your hand to get the benefit from it, then it instantly negates its own usefulness when go to use Chem Launcher or Sticky. Plus, having to manage double taps for weapon swaps in the middle of fights is already incredibly annoying when you're running any Chem Launcher since the Launcher has this weird tendency to stay equipped even if you mash the button like crazy.

+1 please fix

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey there guys,

I've merged your threads together as they're for the same topic.

TyDevon24 as you may see above, other players have noticed that you need to have the gun actively equipped in your hand, feedback I will be passing onto the team

Originally Posted by Ubi-TheBerry Go to original post
    Hey there guys,
    TyDevon24 as you may see above, other players have noticed that you need to have the gun actively equipped in your hand, feedback I will be passing onto the team
    Yes, please do pass along the feedback that the +1 skill tier is mostly useless if it requires us to have the gun in hand for the perk to activate. The +1 skill tier is a cool new attribute to add to a weapon I would not normally put into my loadout, so I hoped this would be a nice balance... But if I actually have to equip this pistol for the perk to kick in, it is useless.

Originally Posted by Ubi-TheBerry Go to original post
    Hey there guys,

I've merged your threads together as they're for the same topic.

Hey Ubi-Berry,

Thank you for merging the discussion together, but yes as feedback I and most players in the thread would love to just get that +1 skill tier when we have the gun equiped but NOT have to hold it in our hands. As a player mentioned in the thread that I started, this would suck for chem launcher or any skills that we have to throw and momentarily put the pistol in the holster(hive, firefly, chem launcher, etc.)

Thank you for the help again and everything pls stay safe.

Just got the pistol and was excited, but read here that it doesn't work very well.
    Any update from devs?

Can you guys tell me where to get that pistol beside season3 caches?

I have been farming pistol 24/7 and not me nor no one in my clan got it from loot.

Originally Posted by Hectorius2999 Go to original post
    Can you guys tell me where to get that pistol beside season3 caches?

I have been farming pistol 24/7 and not me nor no one in my clan got it from loot.
    Me too m8 I've done it for the past 2 months getting sick of farming for it!!

Recently got my hands on this pistol. Just finished doing some testing in the range with it and the fire chem launcher. You only get the plus 1 skill tier while literally holding the pistol. So when you switch to the chem launcher to aim it, you lose the skill tier (plus the extra ammo from the skill tier). So the only benefit is to the damage and even then, you have to shoot it, switch back to the pistol (hope am npc doesn't shoot the cloud) and then double tap to ignite it while holding the pistol.

Ubi-Borealis's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey there guys!

Just to let you all know - our development team are aware of this, and are currently investigating further. We currently have no new information to share, but once we have an update we will post it within the forums.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Thanks for all of your reports.

I can attest that everything in this thread is correct. Fortinately for me, I have two TDI "Kard" Customs and, it would be nice to be granted the skill tier just for having the gun equipped but not necessariily holding it in our hands. Pistols are slow when it come to dealing with high damage doing Rogues.Those shotgun weilding Rogue agents and the agents who seam to be able to throw 5 gadgets at you at once need some "standing up to". So greater skill damage is always a win for us Division agents.

Ubi-Redbeard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for your continued patience with this, folks.

I am having a similar problem although I can't get the skill tier to function at all! I have the kard in hand, it appears on the skill breakdown on the stat page but my sticky bomb skill tier stays at 5 kard or no kard...

Maybe it doesnt work when combined with the vile?

Originally Posted by freddiesdad14 Go to original post
    I am having a similar problem although I can't get the skill tier to function at all! I have the kard in hand, it appears on the skill breakdown on the stat page but my sticky bomb skill tier stays at 5 kard or no kard...

Maybe it doesnt work when combined with the vile?
    while you are shooting the sticky bomb your pistol is in your holster and the +1 skill tier is gone

I hear you, but the same thing happens when I use the emp pulse, so I'm of the opinion it is a bug. I'm happy that you have to have the gun in hand but if you don't get the bonus when you use 3/4s of the skills then what's the point?

Originally Posted by freddiesdad14 Go to original post
    I hear you, but the same thing happens when I use the emp pulse, so I'm of the opinion it is a bug. I'm happy that you have to have the gun in hand but if you don't get the bonus when you use 3/4s of the skills then what's the point?
    Sorry to say that, but The Division 2 doesn't have any bugs, it's all features of the Game, i heard it from the Mods in here couple of times

Originally Posted by Ubi-Borealis Go to original post
    Hey there guys!

Just to let you all know - our development team are aware of this, and are currently investigating further. We currently have no new information to share, but once we have an update we will post it within the forums.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Thanks for all of your reports.
    How's this bug still an issue and infuriating everyone? It's blatantly obvious that it exists. If the evidence others have provided isn't enough, I can personally send you video footage.

Furthermore, how does it take 2½ months to still require "investigate further"? Go in, change some code on the item, done. Or is Ubisoft too busy working on Division 3 to bother with Division 2 anymore?

It works as intended. You get the extra skill tier when you hold it. I use it all the time to run legendary missions and works great with the right hybrid build and some headshot damage stacked. I don’t need to use other guns.

"Furthermore, how does it take 2½ months to still require "investigate further"? Go in, change some code on the item, done. Or is Ubisoft too busy working on Division 3 to bother with Division 2 anymore? '

I think they stopped caring WAY before then.