Splinter Cell Chaos Theory: Saving game problem

Hello!

I've been playing the disc version of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Recently I've been experiencing problems in saving the game. Everything was going well until the Seoul level (part 2). The game stopped recognizing the save files in the folder. When I go to the "Load Game" menu, none of the savings is listed. It's as empty as when you start a new game And it stays like that even if I save the game again or perform a quick save. However, when I access the save folder, all the save files are there!

I tried everything I could think of. My last try was backing the save folder up (with all my save files), reinstalling the game and paste the save folder in the right place. But it didn't work either... The "Load Game" menu is always empty. What else can I do? I would really like to be able to finish the game...

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Ines013 Go to original post
    Hello!

I've been playing the disc version of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Recently I've been experiencing problems in saving the game. Everything was going well until the Seoul level (part 2). The game stopped recognizing the save files in the folder. When I go to the "Load Game" menu, none of the savings is listed. It's as empty as when you start a new game And it stays like that even if I save the game again or perform a quick save. However, when I access the save folder, all the save files are there!

I tried everything I could think of. My last try was backing the save folder up (with all my save files), reinstalling the game and paste the save folder in the right place. But it didn't work either... The "Load Game" menu is always empty. What else can I do? I would really like to be able to finish the game...
    Hey there,

Sorry to hear you're having issues!

It sounds as though your save file may have become corrupted, hence why copy / pasting it into a different location hasn't changed the situation at all.

You may be able to restore a save from the Windows Backup System however if this is unsuccessful you will likely need to restart the game.

Sorry for the inconvenience!