Chess Sets

Hello!

Is there a way to get the textures (at least 2D piece sets) from the older Chessmasters such as 9000, 8000, etc. and add them to Chessmaster 10 or 11? I know Skess (BTW thank you very much Skess for all the hard work regarding piece sets!) was able to do that with the red and white 2D Staunton set with the maple board.

Thank you for your help.

Ubi-WheelyDuck's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Wheelman_99 Go to original post
    Hello!

Is there a way to get the textures (at least 2D piece sets) from the older Chessmasters such as 9000, 8000, etc. and add them to Chessmaster 10 or 11? I know Skess (BTW thank you very much Skess for all the hard work regarding piece sets!) was able to do that with the red and white 2D Staunton set with the maple board.

Thank you for your help.
    Hey there,

For the best help on this I would suggest to take a look at this thread.

I hope this helps

Hey WheelyDuck,

I appreciate you giving time to help me with this. I looked at the thread you linked, but I have not found information regarding how to access textures from old Chessmasters such as Chessmaster 9000. I just wanted to know if there is a way to extract textures from "CMSets.dat" (Chessmaster 9000). If someone knows for sure whether you can or can't access the CMSets.dat from CM9000, please let me know.

Again, thank you for taking the time to help!

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Wheelman_99 Go to original post
    Hey WheelyDuck,

I appreciate you giving time to help me with this. I looked at the thread you linked, but I have not found information regarding how to access textures from old Chessmasters such as Chessmaster 9000. I just wanted to know if there is a way to extract textures from "CMSets.dat" (Chessmaster 9000). If someone knows for sure whether you can or can't access the CMSets.dat from CM9000, please let me know.

Again, thank you for taking the time to help!
    Hey there!

We're unable to locate any information on exact simple means of pulling skins from older entries, your best bet may be to create them as custom skins via the steps in the thread linked.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

No problem! Thank you for taking the time to respond; appreciate it!

This guy has a blog for CM11, with a lot of new sets, and files etc.
    https://cmawesome.blogspot.com/