What do people think of the idea of giving awards to people who do more than their fair share in our community. We really need to acknowledge them.

What do people think of the idea of giving awards to people who do more than their fair share in our community. We really need to acknowledge them.

Thats a good idea. But you will always get people who think they deserve one, disagree with other peoples awards because of bias etc. So, there and good are bad

I thought he wanted to give Bill Gates an honor award but I can't remember the last time I saw Bill post.

I agree with Hotelbushranger, first you'd have to collect nominations, then take votes but in the end, or well before the end, you'll just start a flame war.

I nominate you, just for having the right intentions.

BTW, your sig is cool, did you make it?

Fritz

Arcadeace's Avatar Senior Member
    I agree with the above posters but I€ll give my 2 cents anyway; this is a tempting subject. For an all around contributor I€ve felt Tully is right there. He€s a little trigger-happy locking posts but he doesn€t flaunt it with a self-righteousness. Other than that he€s well rounded in knowledge, has helped many, and enjoys daily talk as one of the guys. And when this forum was really bad, in my opinion he deserves credit for beginning a consistent effort to clean things up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arcadeace:
    I agree with the above posters but I€ll give my 2 cents anyway; this is a tempting subject. For an all around contributor I€ve felt Tully is right there. He€s a little trigger-happy locking posts but he doesn€t flaunt it with a self-righteousness. Other than that he€s well rounded in knowledge, has helped many, and enjoys daily talk as one of the guys. And when this forum was really bad, in my opinion he deserves credit for beginning a consistent effort to clean things up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fritz

WTE_Ibis's Avatar Senior Member
    Onya, Tully, maaaate.
    Good stuff cobber.

Okay any ideas about catergories. For example we could have something about "most accurate posts" or "Nicest to Noobs"

Helpful to Newbies
    Valuable comments (general)
    Technical guru
    Lone Voice of Reason

My category ideas.No doubt there are many but this room is too hot to think straight. Must. Buy .Aircon.

hotspace's Avatar Senior Member
    This was gonna happen awhile ago early on in the year

Hot Space