Lighting settings

As the lighting in game is terrible, has anyone messed around with the in game lighting settings to get a better view. I saw someone mention it on Reddit but it was just about making the nights darker, not sure what it would do to the days.
     3 people found this helpful

As a console user; I only have options for Gamma, Brightness, and Contrast. I've not been able to find a real good balance with using them unfortunately, and it's a hassle to swap them back and forth with every day/night cycle. However, my TV allows for multiple custom presets. I modified that to have a preset that I'll use during in-game nights, and a 2nd preset for the day. This works well for me.
     1 people found this helpful

If you are on PC you can use Alt Z and it will open the alternate video/monitor, etc settings. Look at the left hand side and it will show you an option for Game Filter. Play around with those to your liking. I primarily use Nightmode and Sharpen. Hope this helps and hopefully you're on PC with a supported nvidia card. Also, your monitor type has a lot to do with it as well. LCD, LED and so on. I thought getting a high speed 2K monitor would make a life altering difference. Well, it did I guess. Just not in the direction I hoped it would. My 1080 monitor actually has nicer colors.

Originally Posted by chacachaca88 Go to original post
    If you are on PC you can use Alt Z and it will open the alternate video/monitor, etc settings. Look at the left hand side and it will show you an option for Game Filter. Play around with those to your liking. I primarily use Nightmode and Sharpen. Hope this helps and hopefully you're on PC with a supported nvidia card. Also, your monitor type has a lot to do with it as well. LCD, LED and so on. I thought getting a high speed 2K monitor would make a life altering difference. Well, it did I guess. Just not in the direction I hoped it would. My 1080 monitor actually has nicer colors.
    Thank you but I am a PlayStation man.

If they add an option or simply make the night look more darker.
    They also should do something with the IA ennemis because if the night should be darker the IA shouldn’t see my player in the dark.

Originally Posted by ozziozziozzi Go to original post
    If they add an option or simply make the night look more darker.
    They also should do something with the IA ennemis because if the night should be darker the IA shouldn’t see my player in the dark.
    I love how the sentinel soldiers moan about not being able to see without NVG but can still still shoot you 100m away through a bush in pitch black, I mean come on!!!!!

And why wouldn’t they have NVG with all the tech around. Stupid game design.

Come on dude, just because of the voice acting in game already “Night vision would help”
    LMFAO

if you use echelon tactic it is harder for them to see you.

Do this

Reset settings for tv calibration
    Turn brightness all the way to 0
    Contrast and gamma 50

Your gonna do this until you see the skull

Plus 2 brightness
    Minus 1 contrast
    Plus 1 gamma
    Example:
    Brightness 2
    Contrast 49
    Gamma 51
    DO NOT MESS UP YOUR COUNT you will see the shades in that skull diagram if that skull has the the darker shade splitting it then you did it right.

This a huge issue with the game and its immersion factor imo. I’m glad you decided to call it to attention. Hopefully, they will go to work on this immediately as it gets incredibly frustrating when you can’t see an enemy and he’s already unloaded 5 casings into my chest and is screaming about how there are hostiles in the base (and how they are attacking) .