Advice on non-classified sets

Hello,

I wonder which old gear sets are still good for solo and for team play. I have them mostly at much lower gear score than HE gear, so they should be good to outweigh this factor.
    I cannot afford to upgrade them. I once invested phoenix credits and div tech into a Striker set and found it did not work for me, so I had to stop using it.

TOKYO_ROGUE_YT's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by xlastovi Go to original post
    Hello,

I wonder which old gear sets are still good for solo and for team play. I have them mostly at much lower gear score than HE gear, so they should be good to outweigh this factor.
    I cannot afford to upgrade them. I once invested phoenix credits and div tech into a Striker set and found it did not work for me, so I had to stop using it.
    What is it for? PVE OR PVP? PVE (tactian 4 pieces or 3 pieces if u have ninjabike) vigorous and savage glove (booster+pulse) PVP (i'd say banshee still the king) i started on pc after 5k hours on ps4, i don't have classy yet, i just run 3 pred 1 striker and a ninjabike 😅 , my rng on pc is terrible

Hello,

Solo play? Nomad is really good.

While i have a 5 Piece Classy Nomad set, even a non classy Nomad is pretty good for solo. If you have an exotic Ninjabike bag, and its gotta be non-classy, id maybe run 3p non-classy Nomad, 1p D3FNC, 1p Final Measure, and a Ninjabike bag.

Ninjabike bag which will fill in for 1 gear set piece basically giving you 4 Nomad, 2 D3FNC and 2 Final Measure

Nomad gives you a small heal that will boost your health through the health segments, allowing you to regenerate all your health in combat. It will also give you a full heal when you die, with a cooldown of 4 minutes. Lastly, even a 4p Nomad has 15% Life On Kill.

I say D3FNC and Final measure because they both have a +15% Elite Damage Resilience, which should help your tankiness against Elite and Named enemies.

For skills, I always run a Overdose First Aid(Cuz gotta have all the heals) and a Medbox that revives you. Alternately, I could maybe see running a flame turret just to help a little with CC.

For Talents, id run:
    On the Move(15% Damage Resilience for 10s when you get a kill while your moving) You can easily get this if you abuse cover and do little side strafe jinks from behind cover, or if you are able to just kill enemies in a brawl.

Precision(Pulses the enemy on a headshot) Will give you a little boost of damage.
    Adrenaline Rush(When you pop a medkit, get 7s Immunity to status effects)
    Critical Save(Get 20% Damage Resilience when you pop a medkit at low health)

For my weapon talents, I typically run a pretty standard:

Predatory(35% Life over 20s on kill. Additional kills will reset the timer)<---This Talent is like my must have talent. The residual heal offered by Predatory, alongside Nomad's heal and it's life on kill has kept my *** alive so many times. Healing is just awesome.

Vicious(10% Crit Chance when above 2 health segments) Give your self 10% more Crit Chance, cuz why not. Though it does go away when you lose your first health segment, with all your healing, it should be possible to keep yourself well healed.

Deadly(15% Crit Damage) I run this to maximize my Critical Damage.

Now ive heard its better to go Destructive/Ferocious, but eh, I find that my setup works fine for PVE. Granted, it falls apart in legendary, but for everything else, it works fine. Plus Ferocious has a Electronics requirement that I never fulfill......

As for the gear, id focus on Crit Damage/Crit Chance and Life on Kill where you can get it. Maximize the Life On Kill with Nomad. Gear rolls should allow you to get another 5-10%.

As for main stats, id try for around 6000 Fire Arms, 7000 Stamina, and forget Electronics
     1 people found this helpful

Bambihunter71's Avatar Member
    Don't waste any Div Tech for any gear that is not 256 or above and not classified. There's exceptions to that, but you'll have played long enough by then to know those exceptions.

Usually Striker is one of the more straight-forward and easy to use sets if one can reliably hit the target. Perhaps it had inferior rolls or had base stats in Electronics instead of the other two.

You have been given some great ideas already for end game builds. But, it sounds to me that you are lower level end game. Is that correct? In other words, are you above 256 gear score on everything? If not, then I'd use your max level gear due to the way that the game RNG's drops. It isn't as bad about that as TD2 however. But, once you have leveled up to WT5 (or you are already there?), THEN start working on getting a build together. BTW, the game doesn't do a great job of saying that you have to manually upgrade your WT level though I much prefer this method to the automatic one way WT leveling of TD2.

The very best time/way to get classifieds is from Global Events (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...-Overview-2020). Since you don't have much, start with the 1,500 caches. People often are surprised by this but I personally think the next best way is to learn and run the boss map in the normal open world (LZ, not DZ), followed by wave ~10 junk in resistance.

I don't do much group play anymore, but I'm always down to help another struggling agent. I am on PC and I play somewhere between 6pm and 10pm CST. Sometimes I just hop on for daily combat and crafting missions (something you should look to do). Anyway, I could show you the ropes a little bet and if you understand spoken English (no idea where you are, nothing is meant by that), we can group up and play a little bit and talk about the builds, I can show you the boss map locations, etc. I don't need much gear so I can even drop what I receive. Add me on this one if you want; same user name (Bambihunter71). I've also just started the game over with the new (free) account so been playing it some as well but it's a different one that this.

@Bambihunter71

Thanks for your tips. I am not a newbie anymore. I just cannot afford to play thousand(s) hours to farm classified and exotic gear.
    Of course I am at WT5. With HE gear I was at 282 IIRC. As I wrote, gear sets have lower score - but still my current 4pc build reaches 278.

I don't need showing up ropes but I need help with end game content, which of course is not soloable (weekly quests).
    English is a foreing language for me, but if you are able to speak "BBC English" I should be able to understand.

Bambihunter71's Avatar Member
    LOL - BBC English. I don't speak THAT clearly.

OK. So, I misunderstood quite where you were at. Sounds like you are well on your way then. You don't need thousands of hours to farm. On my 2nd account, I had all 14 classified gear sets on all 4 characters within 250 hours. Of course to get those perfect rolls, and to get them all optimized THAT is what takes so long. If you are only doing a single character, it should be that much quicker.
    If you want a hand here and there, shoot me an invite. Like I said, I generally go solo, but I am up to help. I don't do the DZ though. That's the only thing that keeps me from doing the weekly's.

Originally Posted by Bambihunter71 Go to original post
    LOL - BBC English. I don't speak THAT clearly.

OK. So, I misunderstood quite where you were at. Sounds like you are well on your way then. You don't need thousands of hours to farm. On my 2nd account, I had all 14 classified gear sets on all 4 characters within 250 hours. Of course to get those perfect rolls, and to get them all optimized THAT is what takes so long. If you are only doing a single character, it should be that much quicker.
    If you want a hand here and there, shoot me an invite. Like I said, I generally go solo, but I am up to help. I don't do the DZ though. That's the only thing that keeps me from doing the weekly's.
    I mentioned BBC as I used to raid Warcraft with people from UK and I had trouble understand some of them with Scottish or Welsh accent (I can't remember)
    I sent the invite yesterday. My underground level is not high enough to do weekly assingments alone. I would like to chat too

Ok. Let me reverse my first question.
    Which gears sets are bad enough that I should safely delete them?
    My inventory and stash is almost full as I have been keeping all set pieces

Any1 that has never tried this set should 3 piece pred, 2 dead eye, and ninja bag with fast rpm rifle, more firepower, more bleed, I also use 3 piece tac, 2 piece pred, and ninja bag, if u like skills but want to deal some extra dmg it works great

Ok. Let me reverse my first question.
    Which gears sets are bad enough that I should safely delete them?
    My inventory and stash is almost full as I have been keeping all set pieces
    The sets I don't use are sentry call and hunter faith because to be worth it of sniper builds u can miss a shot, dead eye is my go to sniper build. And keep in mind when combining gearsets with ninja bag 5 piece bonuses don't work and u want to pick any other bonus set that fit well with the 4 piece bonus u have, I stuck with one build until I started grinding classified gear