AC Unity: The Little Prince assassination mission not working

I've re-played this mission twice now and the same error happens. I clear the house of guards, free the prince and then... nothing. I press the 'Speak' icon but the prince remains silent while the mission instruction changes to 'Defend the prince'. The problem is, there are no more guards left and the prince just cowers silently in his corner. I go outside and the only guards about are the three involved in a fight with my ally down by the boat. I overcome those too and return to the house, but the prince remains in his corner.

The first time I played it, everything happened as it should (the prince follows you and advises you to deal with guards in the way) — except I got myself desynchronised. Now I've levelled up and come back to try again, the mission won't work properly. Am I doing something wrong? I cleared the house from the bottom up and left the prince's room until last. Am I supposed to start at the top?

Originally Posted by MacMan_4276 Go to original post
    I've re-played this mission twice now and the same error happens. I clear the house of guards, free the prince and then... nothing. I press the 'Speak' icon but the prince remains silent while the mission instruction changes to 'Defend the prince'. The problem is, there are no more guards left and the prince just cowers silently in his corner. I go outside and the only guards about are the three involved in a fight with my ally down by the boat. I overcome those too and return to the house, but the prince remains in his corner.

The first time I played it, everything happened as it should (the prince follows you and advises you to deal with guards in the way) — except I got myself desynchronised. Now I've levelled up and come back to try again, the mission won't work properly. Am I doing something wrong? I cleared the house from the bottom up and left the prince's room until last. Am I supposed to start at the top?
    MacMan, me too same problem here! Im trying try again like 4-5 times. Nothing happens. The Prince dint speak, dint move for long!
    Pls i want get all trophy and money euros..

It worked at last!

I finally got the mission to work after the fifth or sixth attempt. Despite the 'freedom' that each mission gives you, it looks like that in this one you have to follow a certain path to get it to play out correctly. (I eliminated all the outside guards first and then cleared the house systematically from the top down.)

Xeef's Avatar Junior Member

Same problem...

Originally Posted by MacMan_4276 Go to original post
    I finally got the mission to work after the fifth or sixth attempt. Despite the 'freedom' that each mission gives you, it looks like that in this one you have to follow a certain path to get it to play out correctly. (I eliminated all the outside guards first and then cleared the house systematically from the top down.)
    I have run into the same thing. I even tried it how you said and nothing. I've tried it bottom up, top down, middle-bottom-top... Same problem every time.

Same here on XB1 4th attempt now, including restarting the game, it would be nice to see a mod/dev on here answering our problems.

Same crap over here, also on X1. In my attempt he followed me down to the docks but when I started fighting some guards he got put back to his corner in the house where you first find him, cowering. It kept saying "defend" above his head but he wouldn't budge...

Also, in the mission "Chemical Revolution" the "grieving wife" you talk to at the beginning doesn't despwan so when you get back to the house after finishing the mission, she's there twice, once by the table with her husband and once around the corner still crying.

Ugh... I found another mission that's unfinishable cause of a bug. I don't know the exact name but its in the westernmost part of the map where you have to collect some 4 parts of the Guillotine for this executioner-guy. After collecting all the parts I got back to where the mission started to speak with Tobias whatshisface but there is no "interact" option so you can't finish the mission.
    Together with other bugs throughout Paris this gets really annoying Ubisoft....

Now I'm just angry... I killed most of the guys before talking to Prince, I guess that was the frong way? Why can't they fix these bugs? I love the game, but stuöpid bugs... I can't finish the mission and I spent lots of time killing the enemies quietly.

Has anyone found the solution?

Little Prince glitch

How do we get them to fix this glitch? What is the "correct path" to get the prince to move?

Xbox One --- tried twice --- still same problem with Prince defend

Xbox One --- tried twice --- still same problem with Prince defend --- after awhile the defend disappears and he is just cowering up there,