Assassin's Creed Odyssey FPS Drop

So i picked up Assassin's Creed Odyssey again, i really wanna finish it before Valhalla (I'm on Messera trying to find Swordfish ATM)

But I'm furious about the FPS drops/stutter i have:

I have put all settings to medium/low, i have capped my FPS at 60, verified all files through Ubisoft, my CPU temp is at 55 celsius and my GPU is at 70.

When i play Warzone, R6Siege or RDR2 i have no fps problems.

I feel i have tried all YouTube fix 100% etc guides.

My PC stats are:
    MSI z170 m7
    Intel i5-6600K 3.5GHz
    Corsair H100i Pro RGB
    Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-3200 4x8 GB
    Corsair CX 750W
    MsI GeForce GTX 1070 8gb
    Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD M.2 2280 - 500GB x 2
    PNY SSD 480gb
    Fractal Design Define R6
    24" BenQ XI2411Z

Heeelp

Either upgrade or downgrade your drivers as the Nvidia 451.xx drivers have a problem with the game

I think the August or newer drivers fixed the problem as people stopped complaining about it .... If they don't help then the ones from May will

You sir, are a saviour.
    In the menu it tells me i still get fps drops down around 18fps, but i barely notice them. But more important, i can play and enjoy the game again

THANK YOU!!!

Olympus2018's Avatar Senior Member
    The new RTX3080 should solve all your problems for the next 5 years or so!

If you can ever find one .... Frigging shoe scalpers are now targeting tech like graphics cards and new consoles ..... Both Nvidia and Sony got hit hard by Script Kiddie Scalpers this week

If only I could get my hands on a couple of them and teach them a lesson Old School style ......
     1 people found this helpful

Olympus2018's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by longjohn119 Go to original post
    If you can ever find one .... Frigging shoe scalpers are now targeting tech like graphics cards and new consoles ..... Both Nvidia and Sony got hit hard by Script Kiddie Scalpers this week

If only I could get my hands on a couple of them and teach them a lesson Old School style ......

Scalpers are getting trolled pretty hard on Ebay. Some bids for the RTX3080 reached 80k in USD..... which is enough money to buy a used Ferrari. This is madness! I am curious to see how the 3090 compares to the 3080. But who needs 24 GB of VRAM for gaming? I mean, the games in 2025 or 2030 may actually require 24 GB of VRAM on 4K but that is a long time from now...

Originally Posted by Olympus2018 Go to original post
    Scalpers are getting trolled pretty hard on Ebay. Some bids for the RTX3080 reached 80k in USD..... which is enough money to buy a used Ferrari. This is madness! I am curious to see how the 3090 compares to the 3080. But who needs 24 GB of VRAM for gaming? I mean, the games in 2025 or 2030 may actually require 24 GB of VRAM on 4K but that is a long time from now...
    My favorites are the fake ads ...... Best one is the RTX 3080 "Invisible Edition" ..... There is a picture of the guy holding it up and there is nothing in his hands and another picture of an empty box .... Just trolling the scalpers

They aren't dealing with a bunch of teenagers with wealthy parents that will pay anything to keep their kids in an elitist class amongst their friends by buying them the latest athlelic shoes ...... It's more adult working stiffs who don't have a rich daddy subsidizing their every whim .... They are more likely to fight back

The best strategy is to muck up their sales and when the cards come back into stock leave them hanging forcing them to sell at MSRP and just breaking even for all their time and effort .....

Ram usage is based on resolution, what works for 4k today will likely work for 4k in a year or two or three ...... Most games will be developed for using 10 GB for the next 5 - 7 years because that is all that's available on next gen consoles ...... 20 GB is for 8k gaming which is still a ways off for 99% of people or for people who use them in professional applications like 3D rending or game development or in science and engineering applications that use the Tensor Cores for AI and other advanced math applications ..... The 3090 is for professional applications for people who can't afford the full on professional Quatro line and a handful of people who have money to waste and need to have the best available to stroke their ego like the athletic shoe kiddies .... As far as I'm concerned if you need special shoes or a special graphics card in order to feel good about yourself you have deeper issues you might want to have looked into

try geforce now. no fps drops(wired connection is a must),the vega 64 blows my house down playing this game and stutters when i take a wrong step.