bitebug2003's Avatar Global Moderator

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake unveiled at Ubisoft Forward [Update 06/21]

Hi Everyone,

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake has been unveiled at Ubisoft Forward, and will re-introduce players to the Prince’s wall-running, trap-dodging, time-manipulating adventure on January 21, 2021. Developed by Ubisoft Pune and Ubisoft Mumbai, the game is a full-scale remake of 2003’s Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, and will launch on PS4 and Xbox One (and will also be playable on Xbox Series X|S and PS5 via backwards compatibility), and on PC via Epic Games Store, Ubisoft Store, and UPLAY+.

Featuring updated combat and puzzles as well as new visuals, camera angles, and captured performances, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake retells the ninth-century story of the headstrong Prince (played again by Yuri Lowenthal), who unwittingly turns his father’s subjects into deadly sand creatures.

Alongside Princess Farah (played by Supinder Wraich), daughter of the Maharaja, he’ll wield the powers of the Dagger of Time to rewind, slow, or stop time as he battles hordes of deadly enemies, acrobatically navigates elaborate traps, and confronts the treacherous Vizier in an attempt to recapture the Sands of Time and undo the curse.

While playing through Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake, players can also unlock the original 1989 Prince of Persia.
    Preordering the game also gets players access to the Back To The Origins set, which includes the Prince’s original outfit and weapons set from the 2003 Sands of Time, as well as a Classic Filter that changes the look and feel of the game.

Latest Update - June 7th 2021

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake will be released next year

More information can be found on the Official Prince of Persia twitter account here

For more on the game, keep an eye on our ongoing coverage

1 people found this helpful

cap.cla's Avatar Senior Member
    Thanks for the information about the backward compatibility.

Evie_Frye.'s Avatar Senior Member
    The Hope of Assassination Skill for Evie Frye
    I love so much Prince of Persia game series.
    PoP Remake makes me very happy
    also,I would very much like Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones to be remakes as well

Hello Ubisoft,

Do you take this for a joke ?

Why did you choose your cheeper studio ? Everyone want a Prince of Persia. So you do it cheaper because you want to focus on Assassin's creed.

I will bought this Prince of Persia because i'm a fan. But i'm still disapointed.

CAN YOU MAKE A SCENE AFTER THE CREDIT WITH THE DAHKA IN IT ? You can do it, since you know a sequel exist and you will probably do it. And explain how the prince is going to keep the amulet of Farah.

Can you make 1 year one: Assassin's Creed --> 1 year one :Prince of Persia.

Ubisoft created a new forum to discuss the remake which you can find here https://forums.ubisoft.com/forumdisp...ral-Discussion

(I'm not sure why they didn't use this forum)

Evie_Frye.'s Avatar Senior Member
    The Hope of Assassination Skill for Evie Frye
    Originally Posted by bitebug2003 Go to original post
    Ubisoft created a new forum to discuss the remake which you can find here https://forums.ubisoft.com/forumdisp...ral-Discussion

(I'm not sure why they didn't use this forum)
    Hello Dear bitebug2003

Thank you so much for posting the Prince of Persia New Forum here.
    I didn't know that the New Forum of Prince of Persia had opened

Thanks to this comment, I have heard about the New Forum
    Because I usually add the forum topics of my favorite games to "Favorites" in my internet browser and quickly access the forum pages and visit these pages.

Nice that Prince of Persia has a New Forum
    In this way, Prince of Persia will be invaluable again as it was before.
    I think the Prince of Persia Remake game will be great

Thank you very much again
    Best Regards

In case you missed the announcement, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake has been delayed until March 18th 2021.

More information in the OP
     1 people found this helpful

Earlier today The Prince of Persia Remake development team announced a second delay

See the OP for more information.

Dear Ubisoft.

Prince of Persia remake, I would like to comment, I think it is great and happy to have it pulled out again at all, especially my favorite part.
    Don’t deal with the fans so much, the camp is already too critical, and they don’t appreciate anything anymore. I think the graphics are nice, there is no problem with it, the badges will be bought anyway, because it is a real classic.
    Just keep going, I hope I can play this great game again as soon as possible.

I've updated the original post with the latest information from the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake Development Team