1. #1

    Will the ps5 disc work on the ps4?

    Assassin's Creed will be release on 10th November on all the platfoms a part of the ps5.
    At the moment the situation is bad,because Sony hasn't announced the ps5's release date yet.
    Ubisoft can't do nothing about this thing,but I have a question:will the ps5 disc work on the ps4?
    I preordered it for the ps5 and I hope to use it on the day one on my ps4.
    Thanks to smart delivery there is one discboth for the xbox one and the xbox series x.
    It isn't the same thing for the ps4 and the ps5,so I'd like to get an answer to my question.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Hi There

    The PS5 disc will not work in the PS4 as they are different formats. You will be able to use the PS4 disc in the PS5 but not vice-versa.

    This is the same for the Xbox version. You will not be able to use the same disc in both series x and XB1. Smart delivery is the same as the PS3/PS4 for Black Flag. To play the next gen version the game is downloaded to the SSD but will not launch without the disc in the drive.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    3,262
    Hello!

    First of all, thank you CalKlein for a comprehensive answer

    The answer I am able to provide is a lot less detailed. We don't have any information whether PS5 discs will work on the PS4 but my understanding is the same as CalKlein's, I don't believe they will.

    Thank you!
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Raziel Go to original post
    Hello!

    First of all, thank you CalKlein for a comprehensive answer

    The answer I am able to provide is a lot less detailed. We don't have any information whether PS5 discs will work on the PS4 but my understanding is the same as CalKlein's, I don't believe they will.

    Thank you!
    Thanks for the answer and thanks also to CalKlein.
    Anyhow I hope that Ubisoft thought also about the ps5 players when they choosed the new release date.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    3,262
    Originally Posted by cap.cla Go to original post
    Thanks for the answer and thanks also to CalKlein.
    Anyhow I hope that Ubisoft thought also about the ps5 players when they choosed the new release date.
    Any time at all!

    We take everything into consideration the next generation of consoles is very important to gamers and developers alike

    Enjoy your day!
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Raziel Go to original post
    Any time at all!

    We take everything into consideration the next generation of consoles is very important to gamers and developers alike

    Enjoy your day!
    Thanks for the new answer!
    I don't understand if you practally said that also the ps5 will be usable on the 10th November,but anyhow I hope that it will be true.
    Anyhow,just to be clear about what I want to tell, in the forum a lot of people says that there aren't problems because of the free upgrade,but in my case there is a problem because I preordered the ps5 version of the game by gamestop.
    So I can't use the free upgrade.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,158
    Originally Posted by cap.cla Go to original post
    Thanks for the new answer!
    I don't understand if you practally said that also the ps5 will be usable on the 10th November,but anyhow I hope that it will be true.
    Anyhow,just to be clear about what I want to tell, in the forum a lot of people says that there aren't problems because of the free upgrade,but in my case there is a problem because I preordered the ps5 version of the game by gamestop.
    So I can't use the free upgrade.
    As you pre-ordered the PS5 version it is my understanding that it is not possible to downgrade it to the PS4 version, you can go from PS4 to PS5 so it may be worthwhile contacting Gamestop to see if you can change the pre-order.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Viral Go to original post
    As you pre-ordered the PS5 version it is my understanding that it is not possible to downgrade it to the PS4 version, you can go from PS4 to PS5 so it may be worthwhile contacting Gamestop to see if you can change the pre-order.
    I've already done it when I saw that the possibility to pre order the ps5 and get it for the 19th November was ended.
    Anyhow thanks for the advice.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,158
    Originally Posted by cap.cla Go to original post
    I've already done it when I saw that the possibility to pre order the ps5 and get it for the 19th November was ended.
    Anyhow thanks for the advice.
    No problem, if you need anything else please get back in touch.
    Share this post