Assassin's Creed II Why did no one tell me it was so good?

I'm only just getting round to playing Assassin's Creed II and it's excellent, how come no one told me? I've got the Ezio version which I am loving....it's quality old school Ubisoft when they made games without any bugs.
     2 people found this helpful

Locopells's Avatar Moderator
    There's a reason ACII-IV is seen as the high point of the series...

It's a great game, it looks good, it plays really well, it's interesting, there's loads to do but it's not too monotonous...it's great!
     1 people found this helpful

Aloninor's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by eskimosound Go to original post
    I'm only just getting round to playing Assassin's Creed II and it's excellent, how come no one told me? I've got the Ezio version which I am loving....it's quality old school Ubisoft when they made games without any bugs.
    It's a gem indeed - if you have't already, continue with the entire Ezio trilogy

I think in terms of bugs, it is easier to develop a more linear game (in comparison to the last two entries in the franchise) without encountering major bugs, simply because of the scope.

Yeah the earlier games had a lot of nice little touches too. Npc banter, heralds, long ambient music, beggars, minstrels, push/grabbing npcs, using brooms and fishing rods as weapons, etc.

Nearly finished it, just got to kill the Pope at the Vatican then I'm carrying on with Brotherhood and Revelations...by the time I finish the game I will have 100% Achievements, something I couldn't do with the AC1 because I had already missed dialogue and changing camera during assassination scenes so I didn't bother collecting all the flags...I'm 86% Achievements complete....on that one but obviously finished the game...so yeah Ezio is great and I wish I'd have played this back in the day.
     2 people found this helpful

Well finished ACII 100% Achievements, now I've gone onto Brotherhood and it's a seamless transition....I absolutely love it...will be trying to get 100% Achievements on this one fingers crossed. I just can't believe I didn't do these at the time, in fact I played the first one and then didn't touch Assassin's Creed until Origins!!! So I've got a lot of catching up to do.

It was a pleasure reading your joy in playing this game for the first time.

It's aged so well.
    ACIII has also aged incredibly well and I think it's underrated considering all the innovations it had for the series.

Locopells's Avatar Moderator
    Originally Posted by eskimosound Go to original post
    Well finished ACII 100% Achievements, now I've gone onto Brotherhood and it's a seamless transition....I absolutely love it...will be trying to get 100% Achievements on this one fingers crossed. I just can't believe I didn't do these at the time, in fact I played the first one and then didn't touch Assassin's Creed until Origins!!! So I've got a lot of catching up to do.
    Well it started life as DLC for ACII, so yep, seamless. ACR feels a little different as there's a slight time jump and it's a different culture setting, but also equally impressive as it started life as a mobile title and was turned around in approximately a year...

Originally Posted by AnimusLover Go to original post
    It was a pleasure reading your joy in playing this game for the first time.

It's aged so well.
    ACIII has also aged incredibly well and I think it's underrated considering all the innovations it had for the series.
    Yep I am very impressed, I can see where all the ideas for Origins came from and of course it's the same music as Odyssey...I was a massive Ubisoft fan in the day but my go to games were Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon...I am so very glad to be catching up. It has aged very well with the digital upgrade, I'm glad I bothered to buy the Collection...I'm fact I've ended up buying all the Assassin's Creeds, III, Black Flag, Unity, Syndicates...is there any more for console (I think I have China but I don't want those 3, China, Russia and whichever the other one is)

Originally Posted by Locopells Go to original post
    Well it started life as DLC for ACII, so yep, seamless. ACR feels a little different as there's a slight time jump and it's a different culture setting, but also equally impressive as it started life as a mobile title and was turned around in approximately a year...
    Hey I didn't know that, so makes sense as it starts exactly where you left off but of a pain that I lost all my money though!!! Lol..nah it's great...it all just works nicely