Thread: halp | Forums

halp

so whenever i start up any uplay app it freezes my computer and forces me to hold down the power button to restart it, the apps are:

r6
    for honor
    uplay

idk if its just specific to them but im in desperate help because im honestly quite worried
    this only started today so i know my computer is fine

like genuinely please

UbiShoreman's Avatar Community Representative
    I'm going to move this over to the Player Support forums!

oh thanks man sorry i forgot

Ubi-Karl's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey b1rdw1thgun,

Thanks for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about the issue you're dealing with.

Based on your description, I understand that your PC does not freeze when you launch Uplay PC however instead, will freeze when you launch either 'For Honor' or 'Rainbow Six: Siege', forcing you to restart your PC (do correct me if I'm wrong though).

Did you notice whether at any point it reaches 100% CPU usage? Also, could you advise us your specs?

it does freeze when i start uplay (sorry if that wasnt clear) and my specs are:

windows 10
    intel core15
    DDR4-2400, 2 Slots, Max 32GB
    GeForce® GTX 1050 with 2GB GDDR5

i tried to get all the info i can but in case i missed something (which i probably did) here is the computer i use https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GP62-7RD-.../Specification

sorry about the lack of info

as far as i can tell, launching uplay doesnt push my cpu to 100% i opened task manager went to the performance tab and opened uplay, the usage DID spike when opened from 22% to 60% then it dropped to 55% and then my pc froze im sorry i cant help more but please get back to me as soon as you can ty for your help

hey umm not to sound impatient but are there any updates? cos the issue is persisting

Thanks for your response b1rdw1thgun!

I have looked up at MSI GP62 7RD laptop model and can see that it has Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor, which appears to be below our minimum system requirements, therefore we cannot guarantee that we will be able to resolve this, however since you've mentioned that you did play before, we can still look at improving things, to see whether it would be possible for you to continue playing the game.

First and foremost, try completing steps outlined in the following article, and see whether things are any different.

Should you have any questions in the meantime, let us know!

ok ty sorry if it seemed as though i was being rude

so i:
    updated my os (windows 10)
    reinstalled my nvidia drivers
    uninstalled/ turned off apps that could be running or interfering
    uninstalled and reinstalled uplay
    gave uplay admin permissions
    but im still getting my pc frozen
    i dont think its to do with my hardware because it was able to run perfectly fine (not including occasionally making my pc very hot) and i dont expect the client to be to heavy on my pc
    i have noticed this is onyl happening with ubisoft, im sorry im making this hard for you guys but i just really want to play my favourite games

ty for everything and please come back if you have any ideas about the issue, ill keep you updated

Alright, I see.

In this particular instance, I have created a support ticket for you, therefore when you get a chance, can you visit our support website, login to your account and at the top right corner, select the drop down menu, click 'My cases', and you should see ticket 12635034 regarding the issue.

What I would like you to do, is simply fill out the details of the issue as well as the steps you have already completed, and also provide us with your system files (DxDiag and MsInfo), that will allow us to get a better insight and see what may be causing this to happen.

Once completed, let us know and we will ensure it gets forwarded to our technical team so that you could receive your response as soon as possible!

ok ty so much for all your help

No worries at all and hopefully we will be able to get this resolved sooner than later for you .

i went to the support page, clicked the three lines, clicked sign in to manage account, i signed in and it has been loading for quite a while (not to mention im already signed in on the page)

im really not trying to be a problem

Don't worry, you're free to reach out as many times as you want, for as many issues as you have .

For this one, try one of the following methods:

1. For the current browser that you're using, try deleting cache/cookies and load up the website to see if it works.
    2. Alternatively, if issue remains, try using another browser
    3. If that doesn't help either, locate 'Incognito Mode' feature in your browser and try accessing the website to see whether it loads up
    4. As a last resort, try using another device or another connection (such as mobile data)

Keep us updated and should there be any other questions, do not hesitate and ask!

ok yep i tried it on chrome and it fixed it

ok i added the files and necessary details do i just click add comment to submit it or?

Yes, just click 'Add comment' and it should be submitted to your ticket. Let me know when that's done and I will review it!

ok i submitted it, if you need anymore information that i may have forgotten just ask

That's great, I have looked it up and it's exactly as we needed!

I have forwarded it to our technical team, who will get back to you as soon as possible.

Once there is an update to it, you should also receive email to the email address that is associated with the account, so just wanted to give you heads up .

thank you so much for all your help and im sorry for making this take so long

UbiKoality's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    No need to apologize, b1rdw1thgun! We're always more than happy to help.

Originally Posted by b1rdw1thgun Go to original post
    thank you so much for all your help and im sorry for making this take so long
    No worries there, anytime!

hey sorry to be a bother again but i was wondering if i could get a rough estimate of how long my case may take to complete?

hey sorry to be a bother again but i was wondering if i could get a rough estimate of how long my case may take to complete?
    Hey b1rdw1thgun, no worries at all there .

We always aim to get back to you within 48 hours however in some instances, if we do have a big volume of contacts, this can take a little longer. Nevertheless, I appreciate how urgent this is for you and will see what I can do to speed up the process.

Thank you very much for your patience in the meantime.

its fine i took a quick look at the text documents before i sent them just to see what they were and yeah its a lot so i understand, i just wanted to get an idea of when a soltuion might be put forward so thank you

its fine i took a quick look at the text documents before i sent them just to see what they were and yeah its a lot so i understand, i just wanted to get an idea of when a soltuion might be put forward so thank you
    It's all good, you're welcome to ask any questions that you may have .

the tech team got back to me but sadly the solutions didnt work however im holding hope im sure there are other solutions that they will give me (just an update)

Thanks to the ubisoft employees i was able to recover my software, if anyone has the same problem please read the following section:

If you have the same problem that i did then the following solutions should work, i'm not sure which one exactly worked however one of them should.
    perform a clean boot - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows
    fix potentially corrupted files - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...rrupted-system

other potential solutions:
    make sure your os is updated
    use your dedicated gpu for uplay products - https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/0...dedicated-GPU/
    reinstall your uplay pc launcher
    reinstall support software - https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/Faqs/0...rting-Software

hope this helps someone