Ubi-Toller's Avatar Community Manager

Developer Update: The End of Another Season

Hello again New Kids! It’s me, Toller, and I’m back with the newest Developer Update!

Here is the Weekly Timetable

WEEKLY EVENTS

We’ll start this week off with our Mission event on Monday and Tuesday, which will be themed around Cyborg Kenny. On Wednesday you’ll be able to take part in our weekly Token Event, as well as the latest Chaos Mode. This week’s mode will be Flying Higher, which will means that Flying cards will each cost 3 energy points, and are summoned with their speed increased!

Friday, Saturday and Sunday will, as is tradition, focus on our weekend event! This week will feature Sizzler Stuart!

His event will focus on the following cards:

• Outlaw Tweek
    • Sexy Nun Randy
    • Ice Sniper Wendy
    • Gizmo Ike
    • Cyborg Kenny
    • Alien Queen Red
    • Robo Bebe
    • Four-assed Monkey
    • President Garrison
    • Sorceress Liane
    • Sizzler Stuart
    • General Disarray
    • Frontier Bradley

I also have all of the point totals available for this week’s events:

Mission Event Point Totals:

Token Event Point Totals:

Weekend Event Point Totals:

UPCOMING BALANCE CHANGES
    It’s that time again! The end of another season is upon us, and that means that certain cards will be adjusted and rebalanced, including a big batch of Wendy cards! Here are the changes you can expect as we transition from August to September:

Bandita Sally- We’ve buffed her attack by 14% (from base 49 to base 56) and made her attacks just a little bit faster so she can hold her own against other assassins!

Mr Mackey- He’ll receive a Health buff of 28% (from base 250 to 320) and his aura attack buff will increase by 114% (from base 7 to base 15), so he can make all the children that much stronger!

Angel Wendy- Her health will be raised by 33% (from base 90 to 120), her healing power will be buffed by 50% (from 60 to 90), and we’re also buffing her Power Range to 5.5.

Ice Sniper Wendy- Her attack will be buffed by 25% (from base 25 to 32), her health will be raised by 10% (from base 84 to 93), and her charge speed will also be buffed by 10% (from 20 seconds to 18 seconds)

Captain Wendy- Her attack will be buffed by 21% (from base 19 to 23), her health will be raised by 5% (from base 84 to 88), and her power damage will be raised by 30% (from base 50 to 65).

Call Girl- Her attack has been buffed by 33% (from base 24 to 32) and her attack range has been increased by 17% (from 3.5 to 4.1, like the other ranged Wendy)

Fast Pass- His health will be buffed by 13% (from 211 to 240) and his power damage will be boosted by 30% (from 50 to 65)

Witch Garrison- He will have his slowdown duration nerfed by 40% (from 10 to 6 seconds)

Space Pilot Bradley- He will see his speed boost nerfed by 6.66% (from 1.5 to 1.4), and his Freeze duration will now scale by levels instead of being 2 sec for each level. We feel these changes will make him much more enjoyable at lower levels.

We’ll also be adding many cards into full circulation as we already discussed last week. If you need a refresher on those changes, please check out Last Week's Update!

THE SERVERS WERE DOWN

Yes, there was an issue on Friday with the Ubisoft servers that caused a headache for many of our games, including Phone Destroyer. We sent out a compensation pack this morning to make up for the lost time. If you haven’t opened it yet, please feel free to do so at some point today. It’s ready and waiting for you!

DISCORD
    If you haven’t yet joined our official South Park: Phone Destroyer Discord Server, come on over! It's the best place for all South Park: Phone Destroyer discussions, especially if the servers are down! Shout-out to everyone who hung out on Friday with me! To join, just click HERE

BUG UPDATE

Thank you to everyone who has been reporting bugs to us since the update went live. We are investigating them all and hope to have solutions ready to go out ASAP, but in the meantime please be aware that force-closing the game and then reopening it is a workaround for some issues. If you’ve having trouble with anything like your token levels not appearing correctly, a restart will refresh your inventory so that you have an accurate total again.

If you feel like you have a new bug to log with me, or if you’re unsure if I know about something else already, please reach out. I want to make sure our to-do list is as up-to-date as possible!

That’s everything for this week. Forgive me any typos and let me know about any problems or questions you have. That’s why I’m here!

Destroy those phones and have fun, y’all!
    Hearts and Hugs,
    -Toller!
     2 people found this helpful

All of these are welcomed balance changes! Especially Call Girl!
    Thanks for working on these.

Nice to see deserted cards finally getting some love. Good nerf on Witch and SPB also though not sure how much Bradley will be actually effected. Too bad DAR got past the sensors was hoping she'd be tuned down a bit as well.
     1 people found this helpful

Love the changes!!! Seems like the devs are getting the right thing to do now. Buffs are much more logical than nerfs. DAR is fine just the way she is. She isn't op in any way. People just don't seem to like any change. Even when people here are complaining for new content, when they get it all the posts are nerf nerf nerf. Makes no sense.
    I think the direction that sppd is going is spot on. I'm having just as much
    fun with the game as when it started. Cant wait to fight against the new buffs! You guys rock!

ScottOld's Avatar Senior Member
    DAR needs to be balanced, cant have 2x ninjews 2x incans, card stealing with mind control, or using her as undo button... its stupid. make it actually not profitable to do this..
    and one compensation pack for 2-3 pvp packs worth of downtime? please...

and yea.. fed up of being matched 200 below game after game, my deck beats stuff at 8k.. not the stupid low cost spam or removal spamming rubbish at 7600s.. which i'm stuck facing because of a full season of derankers... any chance of banning these goofballs.

You buffed Captain Wendy?! Woohoo!

No dar balance means i'm out this month. Until that crap gets sensibly balanced ill be on the sidelines
     3 people found this helpful

Nousella's Avatar Banned
    So easy, DAR at 4 would just be plain honest while still very much worth using. You can't do any wrong increasing her cost by 1.
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by boggleb Go to original post
    Love the changes!!! Seems like the devs are getting the right thing to do now. Buffs are much more logical than nerfs. DAR is fine just the way she is. She isn't op in any way. People just don't seem to like any change. Even when people here are complaining for new content, when they get it all the posts are nerf nerf nerf. Makes no sense.
    I think the direction that sppd is going is spot on. I'm having just as much
    fun with the game as when it started. Cant wait to fight against the new buffs! You guys rock!
    DAR provides a wholly overstated power compared to cost, for an elite. The card cost is the problem, not the power per se. Saying she is not OP is blind and disingenuous. I’m not for nerfing cards, but I am a big believer in card cost parity, and she is really imbalanced. Also, DAR takes virtually no skill to play.

Originally Posted by Echomute Go to original post
    DAR provides a wholly overstated power compared to cost, for an elite. The card cost is the problem, not the power per se. Saying she is not OP is blind and disingenuous. I’m not for nerfing cards, but I am a big believer in card cost parity, and she is really imbalanced. Also, DAR takes virtually no skill to play.
    Actually it takes skill. Some players just wait for the last possible moment to play her and her target dies before her effect and I just laugh at them.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►