Hello

I was wondering what the P-51D's Turntime and Rollrate is after the 4.02 patch, compared to the P-47D, Spit XI, F4U-4, Bf-109 G-10 and K-4 ?

If someone could do a very thorough test of this, I would really appriciate it

Thanks in advance; Matt

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    I dont know about the numbers.. but the plane handles a LOT better. It ist a UFO... it is still kind of twitchy... but the acceleration issues have been fixed.. and the 50s do more damage now. I like it.

fordfan25's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Bearcat99:
    I dont know about the numbers.. but the plane handles a LOT better. It ist a UFO... it is still kind of twitchy... but the acceleration issues have been fixed.. and the 50s do more damage now. I like it.
    thats weird. all though i like it better now i have felt its turn rate is down a bit.

ucanfly's Avatar Senior Member
    I find it waaaaay too twitchy and springy in yaw even after a lot of JS adjustment. It's a handful of a plane and quite frankly a terrible gun platform IMO. Speed and accel seems the same to me as 4.01 or maybe I just haven't felt a big change there.

It is twitchy and shaky at low speeds, and aiming is hard, but so are all other planes in the patch now, fw190 behaves very similary.. key is to drive her fast, like FW190s.. and you will do just fine.I find the .50s very effective, just if you can bare your guns to the target, and fire at the right convergence. If you can, the target is good as dead.. It is very stable at high speeds, like the Jug, i think it just became my favourite ride on the red side

Kwiatos's Avatar Senior Member
    P-51 after patch still bs. Before patch was unstable when firing guns now unstable when aiming(maneuvering) no metter of speed.

danjama's Avatar Senior Member
    I really like it. Do we really need another P51 thread?

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    The highspeed roll is better to a certain point.. then it gets mushy...

Originally posted by danjama:
    I really like it. Do we really need another P51 thread?
    Of course. As the theory of 'opening enough threads = changes will be made' has now been proven, the P51 will become even better in the next patch - why stop the inevitable?

Ta,
    Norris

danjama's Avatar Senior Member
    Ah good point!