I have never seen a worse support. the problem stands for nearly 8 months without any fix or update like they don't even care and when you ask for a refund they tell you that you can't refund because you exceeded the time limit for that as if I got my stuff at the first place!!

one thing for sure I'm never gonna buy anything from ubi store again

andynaruto10's Avatar Senior Member
    I noticed something. When I delete my savegames and launch the game, I can't see either Freedom Cry or Aveline available like people mentioned before.

Then I tried to copy only the game progress savegame, again, no Freedom Cry or Aveline, and when I loaded into the world, I couldn't see any of the 3 DLC missions from Illustrious Pirates Pack, nor any outfits and items. Nor any of the Ship Packs DLCs.

Then I tried the multiplayer and there were no DLC characters. So, the DLCs were not working.

Then I copied the smaller savegame file (4KB), the one which holds some account related information, like which DLCs/ULCs you have unlocked, community challenges, etc. And guess what, all the DLCs were back.

Black Flag doesn't have Cloud Save. So many people who lose their savegames or are just buying the game now, the DLCs won't work.

Whenever you launch the game, it says "Logging in to Ubisoft server, please wait". But that waiting takes more than usual.

So my conclusion is that when you start the game fresh, the game will try to check for whatever DLCs and ULCs you have on your account, but it fails. So that's why it doesn't work. 'Cuz the server doesn't send us that information. It's their server's fault and Ubisoft Connect's fault.

They changed so many things with their ****ty Ubisoft Connect update that they broke everything.

A workaround fix would be to get someone's save file who already has everything unlocked, convert it for your account with that ACSaveTool and see if the DLCs show up for ya. Don't know if this is allowed by Ubisoft, but... I could share my save file. Add me on Uplay.

EDIT: Since so many people ask me and they all confirmed it works, I'll post my SAVEGAME here so you can convert it:

https://mega.nz/file/2dJEyZCa#XPxriJ...OUIwL12NltCf_g
     5 people found this helpful

JoaoLima16BR's Avatar Junior Member
    Strange, I bought my AC4 Gold Edition (the version that comes with Aveline and the Season Pass included with the game) on March 26, 2021 on Steam, in the menu where it was supposed to be accessible the Freedom Cry DLC only appears at Aveline's DLC, but within the main game (where you live Edward Kenway) I can see the islands in the Ilustrious Pirates Pack and I can access normally, get the clothes and customization items for the Jackdaw, but I really don't know where to find the file savegame to see if it is possible to use it, I know that according to Ubisoft's "Terms of Use" it can be a wrong act, but if it doesn't take action then the community must progress with the game.

Any error in my English, I'm sorry, because I used the Google translator

I did a deeper test based on what andynaruto10 had described, I backed up the folder 437 (folder where the Black Flag rescue files are located, in fact I renamed it).
    The second step I performed was to uninstall the game, and after uninstalling it I installed it again, in short I believed it was something like when you install the game the folder with the data from the DLCs and ULCs would be created together, since when I opened the game for the first time I redeemed the Gold Edition key and already in the game I redeemed the Season Pass key, so much so that I have access to Aveline, and the Ilustrious Pirates Pack but not the Freedom Cry, however it happened just like what andynaruto10 described, the game opens as if it had none of the DLCs and neither Aveline, so it really is a bug with Ubisoft servers that instead of constantly checking the DLCs, it only checks when you open the game for the first time, saves the data in the file, saves data in the cloud, and after that it never checks again.
    Conclusion of the story: it is the fault of the Ubisoft server that instead of comparing the files constantly it only compares only once and after that never again.
    So here's the tip, if you are going to change your computer someday, make a backup of the 437 folder, especially if your game has a DLC running, the 4kb 1.save file is sacred.

Ubisoft, hire me. I can make Uplay better. I've been with it since it's birth.
    The Support team is incompetent. They have no idea what you're talking about. You tell them the same thing, and after 2 months they still ask you the same thing. Because everytime someone replies to your case, it's another person and they're too lazy to read all messages in the case.

They can't test or recreate any problem so that they can tell you "yes, it's the same on our side". They keep telling you to verify the game files, check your ports etc.

I helped more people here on the forum than they did. I found more solutions than they did. And way faster. So why can me, 1 guy solve these issues or find workarounds so fast, but a whole team of people can't?

I'll tell you why. Because it's not a priority. They don't care about their old games. Can't you see they keep shutting down online services, remove Challenges, break the games until they're unplayable. They want people to move on and buy their new games.

I'll tell you a secret Ubisoft, your new games suck. Old games are GOLD. So you better keep supporting them and patching them.
     3 people found this helpful

Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello everyone!

I appreciate this issue has been going on for a long time and we're all eager for a resolution. I wanted to take this opportunity to touch base, as it's been a few weeks since we added to this forum thread.

There are 2 issues under investigation currently -

1. Freedom Cry DLC was purchased separately and is inaccessible | In this case we recommend contacting our support directly, and providing an image of your activation key, as well as your proof of purchase.

2. Freedom Cry DLC is inaccessible as part of the season pass | This is still pending a fix on our side, and we will inform players once resolved.

Thank you!

Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello everyone.

I appreciate this is an incredibly frustrating issue and we at Ubisoft Support want to offer you a solution as soon as it's available.

This is currently in the hands of our development teams, and we'll update the forum thread as soon as we learn more.

All the best.

Forgot to mention:

You guys need to test for all editions: Gold, Deluxe, Standard + Season pass. Because they all behave differently.
    For example, some people with Gold may have Freedom Cry and Illustrious work, while others with Deluxe may not have any DLC working.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Ubi-Raziel Go to original post
    Hello everyone!

I appreciate this issue has been going on for a long time and we're all eager for a resolution. I wanted to take this opportunity to touch base, as it's been a few weeks since we added to this forum thread.

There are 2 issues under investigation currently -

1. Freedom Cry DLC was purchased separately and is inaccessible | In this case we recommend contacting our support directly, and providing an image of your activation key, as well as your proof of purchase.

2. Freedom Cry DLC is inaccessible as part of the season pass | This is still pending a fix on our side, and we will inform players once resolved.

Thank you!
    Its not just Freedom Cry, you do realize that right?

Lots of people (myself included) which own ALL of the DLC have NONE of the DLC working.
     2 people found this helpful