Hello Ubi-Swaggins,

Bought a new and better quality thermal paste, still got the same problem.

You may have to open System Configuration when you search in the bottom left, make sure it's on "Selective Startup" and go over to the Services tab. Check the box that says "Hide all Microsoft Services" Then, from the remaining services listed, go ahead and disable all of them, restart your computer, and try loading the game again. If it works, then you'll have to enable one-by-one, restarting in-between to find out which one is interfering with UPlay's lovely DRM. I was getting hard resets upon loading the intro cut-scene to the beginning island, and couldn't figure out why until I tried this. Not sure if it's the same exact problem you're facing.

Hello ReapDa,

I wasn't even getting a hard reset, it would foremost just turn off my monitor (or rather the videocard would seemingly stop working and thus the monitor would shut down). Thanks anyway though

UBI-Froggard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Hey,

Please could you create a support ticket and attach the files that were suggested above so we can have a look through those?

Also, just summarize what you have already tried in the ticket so it doesn't get suggested to you again, because you will get a reply from someone who hasn't seen this thread too.

You can post your ticket number here when you have done so and we can pull it up.

Originally Posted by AERAEAAEJ Go to original post
    Hello ReapDa,

I wasn't even getting a hard reset, it would foremost just turn off my monitor (or rather the videocard would seemingly stop working and thus the monitor would shut down). Thanks anyway though
    Hey, dude

Have you found a solution to the issue? I recently began experiencing the same problem and haven't had any luck fixing it so far. Would appreciate any suggestions