🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Anno forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    out4space's Avatar Junior Member

Sound Problem Bug - Sheep Farm and Wildlife Volume too high and repeats infinite

Heya,

I am reporting a set of problems now and separate the Problems by category (sound, gameplay etc.).

OK this is about sound:

Main Problem is for individual buildings (for example the sheep farm) or the wildlife animals (forest/jungle) volume is always over the top and it's reverb itself into a loop.
    I streamed the game yesterday (2020-07-30) and the sounds were terrible over the top.
    It can be temporarily stopped, by zooming out to the highest level... but that does not solve the general problem.

Examples:

Additionally it is also mentioned in the Annozone Forum (German!): https://www.annozone.de/forum/index....threadID=16222

Please have a proper look at these problems and see if it can be addressed in a patch. Thank you very much. I super appreciate the general porting/improving of these old gems!

Cheers
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey!

I appreciate you creating a separate thread for each issue. This is certainly the best way to report issues to us, so we can stay on 1 topic and not try to juggle too much at once

This is certainly something we will investigate.

Can you please confirm if you experience these audio issues very often? I'd like to understand if this behaviour is consistent or if it only seems to affect you at certain times, or after certain action.

Knowing this will help us investigate and reproduce the issue ourselves. Thank you!

Thanks for the reply.

The game just updated.
    Do you have a link with the changelog available?
    Also for for Anno 1602/1701 HC (which also received updates just now).
    Thanks.

It is still persistent the update today (2020-08-06).
    See video:

https://youtu.be/3G7gTyHYEd8

This is just the overwhelming bug with the sheep farms, other farms also experience similar sound repetitions which needs me to switch screens to get rid of them.
    The problem is with voices from the citizens and animals in the forests etc.

Cheers

Ubi-Milky's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello out4space,

Thank you for reporting this rather strange sound bug. I have to admit I did find it quite humorous and I can see why it would become quite annoying after a while!

I've passed your clips onto the game team to investigate so hopefully this can be resolved in a future patch as it didn't exist in the previous versions. Thanks again for your help in reporting this, if you come across any other strange behaviour in the game please continue posting threads, so we can pass this information onto the game team

Originally Posted by Ubi-Milky Go to original post
    Hello out4space,

Thank you for reporting this rather strange sound bug. I have to admit I did find it quite humorous and I can see why it would become quite annoying after a while!

I've passed your clips onto the game team to investigate so hopefully this can be resolved in a future patch as it didn't exist in the previous versions. Thanks again for your help in reporting this, if you come across any other strange behaviour in the game please continue posting threads, so we can pass this information onto the game team
    Heya Milky,

I found it quite funny too in the beginning, but when you play the game for a longer time, you just curse the sheep to be silent (silence of the lambs style lol).

Great hope ther is a fix to be expected. I mean I think it was also in the original, but if it able to be fixed, this would be bliss.

I mean the details are so nice to look at if you zoom i, so it would be a waste, if this problem stays with the game.

I will have another go at all the games soon, so will report about other stuff too.

I have not tested the trade route problem in Anno 1701 tbh. I loved the game, but at some point in late game the trade routes wer giving you headaches.

Cheers

Ubi-Milky's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Your very welcome out4space,

As soon as I get any info on this I will try my best to update you.

I can see you are quite the fan of the Anno games, I have only recently discovered them as I have not been with Ubisoft very long, but I have been enjoying playing Anno 1800 so far.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Milky Go to original post
    Your very welcome out4space,

As soon as I get any info on this I will try my best to update you.

I can see you are quite the fan of the Anno games, I have only recently discovered them as I have not been with Ubisoft very long, but I have been enjoying playing Anno 1800 so far.

Hey that's great.

I guess for players of the newer games, it is now more appealing to play the old games too.
    The only thing that aged was the accessibility to them, which turned many potential players away.
    The effort to make them work or get them running was not easy for people who have not much patience to read into guides or know about older systems and the like.
    I must admit the newer games after 1404 did not trigger me anymore.
    I watched a lot of 1800 streams and it did not yet trigger me though.
    It's also a time issue, since I can dump quite some time into this which cuts on time for other things lol. I play a lot different games, which is also my bane

Anyway looking forward to more fixes over time.
    I know it can be hideous and demanding to find out what is wrong with the old cold and get a workaround or a patch/fix running too.

Cheers have a great weekend.